Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Problem with Up days (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/749011-problem-up-days.html)

Demonica 12-13-2011 05:28 PM

Problem with Up days

I seem to have the opposite problem of alot of other people. I do just fine on Down days, no problems at all. It's my up days that I go hog wild on.:o Any suggestions on how to control it better on up days?:confused:

Mommie22boys 12-13-2011 06:28 PM

The most helpful thing for me is to have a plan for my UD the night before. If I want something extra special or full of calories, I log it in the night before and plan around it. It may seem like more work, but...I AM still trying to lose weight, so I'm ok with putting in the extra planning. Also, when I have a plan for my UD, I feel less anxiety about food when on my UD.

HTH...:hugs:

julietcc 12-13-2011 06:30 PM

My only suggestion is to be sure you are tracking your calories on up days and when you're done, you're done.

I do free days now but might have to go back to counting if I don't maintain through Christmas.

pjsam1156 12-13-2011 06:35 PM

:hiya:I make sure of two things: I don't eat too much before lunch, so I have lots of cals to mess around with because I get the "munchies" after dinner:D
and I eat one thing I've been craving each UD--just NOT ALL IN ONE UD:hyst: I tell myself something like, "I can have the rice pudding the day after tomorrow--today I'll have the skinny cow ice cream sandwich."
hope this helps!:high5:

piratejenny 12-13-2011 06:38 PM

I can certainly relate, but...
do you feel like there are certain reasons or triggers for going "hog wild"?

Were you on a stricter diet before, and you're excited about eating foods you haven't had for a while?
Does it feel like it's going to be too long til your next Up Day, so you're cramming in everything you can?
Do you just get really hungry once you start eating?
Or could your hunger be blood sugar fluctuations due to re-introducing carbs?

And, refresh my memory...how long have you been doing JUDDD?

Beeb 12-13-2011 07:07 PM

Count your calories!! This is the best advice I can give. :hugs:

janetsbreeze 12-14-2011 07:43 AM

I am the same way. Lately my UDs have totaled around 2400-2600 cals. And some of that is just junk - candy, cookies, just junk.

I know I do better with low carbs but am having trouble actually implementing that on my UDs.

theredhead 12-14-2011 08:19 AM

I agree with PJSam. I pace myself by delaying eating until later (no breakfast), especially because I'm really not hungry until I start eating. Then I enjoy kind of "outsmarting" myself with the calories. I use them wisely so I can save up for something really good and satisfying. It's made a big difference for me. Also, I'm so excited to actually be getting some appetite suppression like I've never gotten before (except on hCG).

shirlc 12-14-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredhead (Post 15248501)
Also, I'm so excited to actually be getting some appetite suppression like I've never gotten before (except on hCG).

Laurie, I'm totally with you on the appetite suppression, especially on down days now (although I've never done the hCG).