Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Help me organize my JUDDD thoughts

Coming off HCG and trying to organize my thoughts so when I start I am ready to go. Thanks for any feedback

I am looking to maintain and like to stay between 118-120 lbs max
Curretnly I am 120lbs 5'4" and run usually 3x a week
I was thinking 1800 for UD and 800 for DD, thoughts??

I was trying to plan out my UD/DD schedule but unsure how to plan for various reasons. This is what I was thinking BUT having two DD in a row could not be good, correct? Also I usually always run on Tue,Fri and Sun so I thought it would be best to have UD on those days, no?

Mon- MD
Tue- UD (run)
Wed-DD
Thur- DD
Fri-UD (run)
Sat- DD
Sun -UD (run)
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I was always told no 2 dds in a row.

You could turn Thurs. into another md
if you want.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Or have a look at the MUDDD(?) threads - where they have the day starting somewhere between 5 and 7 - that way, you should always get to eat on a day you run??
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
The reason they tell you not to do two DDs in a row is because one of the biggest "magical" elements of JUDDD is to keep our metabolisms "guessing." That's why we eat lots one day and almost nothing the next. If you do two DDs in a row, your body will go into "starvation" mode, which puts a screeching halt to a good metabolism. I'm sure there are people on this thread who are more educated than I on the subject, so hopefully, they will be able to tell you much more than I. Also, here is an old thread discussing what to do in maintenance:
Playing Around With The Calories
hope this helps!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ArmyWife102006
Stats: 285ish/217.8/150
WOE: Keto and JUDDD
Start Date: Keto: October 2011/ JUDDD November 2011
I just completed my 2nd week of doing JUDDD and I also run 3 to 4 times a week. So far I have been running on my down days and having no problems whatsoever (before JUDDD I used to just drink a cup of coffee before I ran anyway, so it's not that big of a deal for me). Typically the running also suppresses my hunger so I end up just eating dinner with my family and keeping it in the 600-700 range. This has been working for me so far, hope the info helps
ArmyWife102006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Don't know how far you run, but I love exercising on my DDs, when I know I have great nutrients in my body.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
For best results, I believe it's best to do the first two weeks as written. Meaning, do a straight UD/DD rotation for two weeks...no MD's.

I used MDs after the first two weeks, because I thought I needed to have the same days as DDs every week. I have since stopped this practice in favor of a straight rotation for two reasons: 1) By using a MD every week, I was shorting myself 2+ magical DDs each month. And 2) There is no magical day that is better or worse to have for a DD. It's just as easy to do a DD at work as it is to do one at home...DDs are do-able even if I find myself eating out. The only time I will insert a MD is if I need to change my rotation for something special. For example, had Christmas Eve been going to land on a DD, I would've done a MD somewhere so I could enjoy our big x-mas eve party that day.

I think if you find the right UD/DD numbers to maintain your weight, you should just let the days fall as they may as much as possible. You may find, as others have posted, that excercising on a DD is no big deal (especially if your DDs are 800 calories---a luxurious DD number to me, since I'm still in weight-loss mode. Lol!)

Best of luck and !!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 12-12-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I may just start a usual UD/DD rotation and just see how I feel, even with running on my DD's.
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I find it really easy to workout on DDs. Especially cardio because it also suppresses my appetite. I used to run but now with the weather I do kickboxing dvds. I do my weights on UDs to make die I get plenty of protein and weightlifting makes me hungry.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
For best results, I believe it's best to do the first two weeks as written. Meaning, do a straight UD/DD rotation for two weeks...no MD's.

I used MDs after the first two weeks, because I thought I needed to have the same days as DDs every week. I have since stopped this practice in favor of a straight rotation for two reasons: 1) By using a MD every week, I was shorting myself 2+ magical DDs each month. And 2) There is no magical day that is better or worse to have for a DD. It's just as easy to do a DD at work as it is to do one at home...DDs are do-able even if I find myself eating out. The only time I will insert a MD is if I need to change my rotation for something special. For example, had Christmas Eve been going to land on a DD, I would've done a MD somewhere so I could enjoy our big x-mas eve party that day.

I think if you find the right UD/DD numbers to maintain your weight, you should just let the days fall as they may as much as possible. You may find, as others have posted, that excercising on a DD is no big deal (especially if your DDs are 800 calories---a luxurious DD number to me, since I'm still in weight-loss mode. Lol!)

Best of luck and !!!
and I couldn't agree more!! Thanks Mommy!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote