Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Help me organize my JUDDD thoughts (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/748909-help-me-organize-my-juddd-thoughts.html)

oneoftwo 12-12-2011 11:05 AM

Help me organize my JUDDD thoughts

Coming off HCG and trying to organize my thoughts so when I start I am ready to go. Thanks for any feedback

I am looking to maintain and like to stay between 118-120 lbs max
Curretnly I am 120lbs 5'4" and run usually 3x a week
I was thinking 1800 for UD and 800 for DD, thoughts??

I was trying to plan out my UD/DD schedule but unsure how to plan for various reasons. This is what I was thinking BUT having two DD in a row could not be good, correct? Also I usually always run on Tue,Fri and Sun so I thought it would be best to have UD on those days, no?

Mon- MD
Tue- UD (run)
Wed-DD
Thur- DD
Fri-UD (run)
Sat- DD
Sun -UD (run)

dasiey 12-12-2011 11:34 AM

I was always told no 2 dds in a row.

You could turn Thurs. into another md
if you want.

MintQ8 12-12-2011 12:23 PM

Or have a look at the MUDDD(?) threads - where they have the day starting somewhere between 5 and 7 - that way, you should always get to eat on a day you run??

pjsam1156 12-12-2011 01:49 PM

The reason they tell you not to do two DDs in a row is because one of the biggest "magical" elements of JUDDD is to keep our metabolisms "guessing.":D That's why we eat lots one day and almost nothing the next. If you do two DDs in a row, your body will go into "starvation" mode, which puts a screeching halt to a good metabolism. I'm sure there are people on this thread who are more educated than I on the subject, so hopefully, they will be able to tell you much more than I.:love: Also, here is an old thread discussing what to do in maintenance:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...-calories.html
hope this helps!:high5:

ArmyWife102006 12-12-2011 02:07 PM

I just completed my 2nd week of doing JUDDD and I also run 3 to 4 times a week. So far I have been running on my down days and having no problems whatsoever (before JUDDD I used to just drink a cup of coffee before I ran anyway, so it's not that big of a deal for me). Typically the running also suppresses my hunger so I end up just eating dinner with my family and keeping it in the 600-700 range. This has been working for me so far, hope the info helps :)

Kissa 12-12-2011 02:08 PM

Don't know how far you run, but I love exercising on my DDs, when I know I have great nutrients in my body.

Mommie22boys 12-12-2011 02:50 PM

For best results, I believe it's best to do the first two weeks as written. Meaning, do a straight UD/DD rotation for two weeks...no MD's.

I used MDs after the first two weeks, because I thought I needed to have the same days as DDs every week. I have since stopped this practice in favor of a straight rotation for two reasons: 1) By using a MD every week, I was shorting myself 2+ magical DDs each month. And 2) There is no magical day that is better or worse to have for a DD. It's just as easy to do a DD at work as it is to do one at home...DDs are do-able even if I find myself eating out. The only time I will insert a MD is if I need to change my rotation for something special. For example, had Christmas Eve been going to land on a DD, I would've done a MD somewhere so I could enjoy our big x-mas eve party that day.

I think if you find the right UD/DD numbers to maintain your weight, you should just let the days fall as they may as much as possible. You may find, as others have posted, that excercising on a DD is no big deal (especially if your DDs are 800 calories---a luxurious DD number to me, since I'm still in weight-loss mode. Lol!)

Best of luck and :welcome:!!!

oneoftwo 12-12-2011 03:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I may just start a usual UD/DD rotation and just see how I feel, even with running on my DD's.

itsmeshelly01 12-12-2011 04:17 PM

I find it really easy to workout on DDs. Especially cardio because it also suppresses my appetite. I used to run but now with the weather I do kickboxing dvds. I do my weights on UDs to make die I get plenty of protein and weightlifting makes me hungry.

Beeb 12-12-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15244419)
For best results, I believe it's best to do the first two weeks as written. Meaning, do a straight UD/DD rotation for two weeks...no MD's.

I used MDs after the first two weeks, because I thought I needed to have the same days as DDs every week. I have since stopped this practice in favor of a straight rotation for two reasons: 1) By using a MD every week, I was shorting myself 2+ magical DDs each month. And 2) There is no magical day that is better or worse to have for a DD. It's just as easy to do a DD at work as it is to do one at home...DDs are do-able even if I find myself eating out. The only time I will insert a MD is if I need to change my rotation for something special. For example, had Christmas Eve been going to land on a DD, I would've done a MD somewhere so I could enjoy our big x-mas eve party that day.

I think if you find the right UD/DD numbers to maintain your weight, you should just let the days fall as they may as much as possible. You may find, as others have posted, that excercising on a DD is no big deal (especially if your DDs are 800 calories---a luxurious DD number to me, since I'm still in weight-loss mode. Lol!)

Best of luck and :welcome:!!!

:goodpost: and I couldn't agree more!! Thanks Mommy!! :hugs: