Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I almost gave up (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/748869-i-almost-gave-up.html)

Majella 12-12-2011 04:23 AM

I almost gave up

Things got chatoic last week, unexpected bills etc and I gave up. I said to myself I'll deal with my weight in January. But yesterday I thought I'll have put so much weight on by then and for what? To be more miserable in January. I am too scared to stand on the scales. I don't need to, I can see my tummy getting bigger and my clothes are tighter. I want to gain some control..not weight so today is a down day

Dottie 12-12-2011 04:25 AM

Sorry you're under stress :(

dasiey 12-12-2011 05:27 AM

I'm sorry to. I hope today goes well for you.

Knittering 12-12-2011 06:04 AM

:console:
I'm glad you decided not to put it off for another month. That never goes well, does it?

I think you should get on the scale. Find out what that number is and you'll feel even better as you whittle it away.

Good luck on your DD. :)

sazzie 12-12-2011 06:22 AM

Glad you're nipping it in the bud by not caving in!!!

These holidays can wreck havoc with our WOE, but JUDDD is a different story, altogether.

Majella 12-12-2011 06:24 AM

Thanks for the support guys. Michelle I think you are right I need to stand on them and just accept what number comes up and work on dropping it down. It's my birthday this Saturday and I had promised myself I'd have reached my ideal weight by then but I havent done that :cry: my mother in law is visiting tomorrow for a few days as well. It's hard to diet around her, I dunno why just extra stress I guess. I'll feel better in a few days when I deflate lol

Knittering 12-12-2011 07:00 AM

Oh man, dieting around my MiL is very hard for me too so I feel for you! More than once I've just landed headlong into a chocolate cake so know that you are not alone there. :)

You aren't far from your goal. :) Just remind yourself that you might have missed this target date (no biggie) but you will be there by this summer!

Majella 12-12-2011 09:21 AM

I should never give up though because being so close it would be nuts!! We have a leaking roof in the shop today and it's a serious problem. Looks like we can clear the water ourselves but the roof is falling apart and needs to be fixed by the landlord. I think we'll be moving at the end of our lease *sigh* Doing ok food wise today have too much to do!!

Low Carb Librarian 12-12-2011 09:44 AM

I am still fighting with this today also... Yesterday was a DD but I just did not want to do a DD. I am stressed, sad, and I didn't have the drive to stay on course. Today I woke up and I wasn't sure if it would be and UD or a DD... I think I have decided to do a DD, but I am just not into it

Knittering 12-12-2011 09:52 AM

But look at you, Librarian! In the 150's! That is so awesome. :)

Majella I find that having lots to do really helps keep me on track, especially on DDs.

Beeb 12-12-2011 06:05 PM

I want to give a big :hugs: to you and the other posters that are having troubles right now.

Hang in there! The one thing about JUDDD is we don't have to be so strict and can have a few days here and there if stress, weather, timing, situations or MILs get in the way. JUDDD was made for how we live and life brings us ups and downs so we CAN ride the JUDDD tide, if need be, and ALWAYS just jump right back on the JUDDD ship to weight loss.

Never give up but give over if you have to for a little bit! It won't hurt if you just get right into the groove again with our JUDDD WOE when the times settle down. ;):hugs:

Kissa 12-13-2011 01:42 PM

Hang in there, as Beeb says "Never give up but give over if you have to for a little bit! It won't hurt if you just get right into the groove again with our JUDDD WOE when the times settle down."

This is a forgiving way to lose weight. Be gentle with yourselves.

Chona 12-14-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15244834)
I want to give a big :hugs: to you and the other posters that are having troubles right now.

Hang in there! The one thing about JUDDD is we don't have to be so strict and can have a few days here and there if stress, weather, timing, situations or MILs get in the way. JUDDD was made for how we live and life brings us ups and downs so we CAN ride the JUDDD tide, if need be, and ALWAYS just jump right back on the JUDDD ship to weight loss.

Never give up but give over if you have to for a little bit! It won't hurt if you just get right into the groove again with our JUDDD WOE when the times settle down. ;):hugs:

Taking this to heart today. Just got back from 6 days away on a family vacation and gained everything back that I lost last month. :cry: BUT, as I often say to myself, if you always do what you always did, then you always get what you always got. Getting mad, frustrated then depressed and self deprecating is what I always did. Just climbing back into the WOE and kicking the negative to the curb is a new plan of action. That and staying busy not resentful. We only have this moment....let's make the most of it.

Kissa 12-14-2011 12:53 PM

:goodpost:

Chona 12-14-2011 01:07 PM

:high5:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15249189)
:goodpost:

sophiethecat 12-15-2011 01:26 PM

How are you doing, Majella & LCL? :hugs: Glad you didn't give up! :high5:

Beeb 12-15-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chona (Post 15247993)
Taking this to heart today. Just got back from 6 days away on a family vacation and gained everything back that I lost last month. :cry: BUT, as I often say to myself, if you always do what you always did, then you always get what you always got. Getting mad, frustrated then depressed and self deprecating is what I always did. Just climbing back into the WOE and kicking the negative to the curb is a new plan of action. That and staying busy not resentful. We only have this moment....let's make the most of it.

:goodpost:You got it Chona!!! And I have NO doubt that things will be moving again for you in record time! :high5::hugs: