Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Do You Talk About Our JUDDD WOE When Asked How You Lost Your Weight?

I do, but I explain it as a calorie restricted diet that I only do every other day. I see eyes light up when I say this and then the questions start to come, fast and furious! Most the idea and go home to look at our forum here and the JUDDD site. They seem to like that it's a diet that you can have what you want every other day and other every other day you just need to watch and eat low calories. Most say that they could see themselves doing this!

How about you, do you talk about your JUDDD WOE and how do you describe JUDDD and what are the reactions?

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Well I had been low carbing for so long that everyone in my family and at the office knows I lost most of my weight that way. My family now knows I "eat low calorie every other day and eat whatever I want every other day." My mom is happy about this because she always believed low carb was high fat and it wasn't healthy even when I told her I had never eaten so many salads in my life!

At the office, if I accept a piece of birthday cake or something, I say I don't low carb anymore but I watch my calories every other day (if they notice). I just leave it at that but will tell them more if they ask! My boss wanted to know more and also asked about HCG (which I've never done) so I sent her links to the boards here My close coworker, who I eat lunch with everyday, knows exactly what I'm doing and will ask me if it's an up day or a down day She's been very supportive.

Generally I don't like a lot of attention about my diet or my weight! One coworker always say, "Every time I see you it looks like you're skinnier and skinnier!" I sort of cringe inside and just say, "No I haven't, I'm just maintaining now . . . Thanks, though." I did lose my last 5-6 pounds on JUDDD but I don't want people to think I'm trying to lose more weight which I'm not.

One thing I love about JUDDD is I can eat normal food in front of other people and so far, I don't get too many questions

I don't really get into discussions about JUDDD and I just call it calorie cycling. If they are really interested, I would of course call it JUDDD and lead them here.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I don't get asked that often (I haven't been working or seeing many of my friends lately, so only a few people see me regularly)
but because I know many people with health issues, I do talk up this WOE as much as possible!

My spiel is something like this:
I'm on this awesome diet that activates a "survival gene" and helps a lot of people with inflammation and things like arthritis and asthma. It's a little tough at first because you pretty much fast every other day, but then you can eat whatever you want in between! It's so much more fun than Weight Watchers or low-carb* or dieting every day. And it doesn't matter so much if you eat a donut or go to a party, because you're going to have a low-calorie day the next day. But it's not just about the calories; you can do this diet even if you don't want to lose weight, because it activates that gene and that does so much for your health.

I wanna be like a dandelion for JUDDD--spreading lots of seeds far and wide!

*even though I am still pretty low-carb because of diabetes, but I don't use Carbalose or make pork rind pancakes anymore!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Having been almost anorexic, and in my later years bulimic I haven't shared this woe with anyone, not even dh! I am afraid it would seem like I as just starving/ binging again!
Dh can see I have relaxed towards carbs, but as I am now maintaing, he just sees it as a natural relaxing a bit after a stricter diet!
I have been juddding for 14 weeks now, and he hasn't noticed a thing, but with a history of ED's I have often ate weird stuff/ different from the rest of the family... Now I just do it every other day!
I envy those who can share, cos I fear that sharing my woe might make poor dh worry about me (especially since I have lost the last of my weight and am now, in his words "quite thin enough!")

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Only once and unfortunately, that response was negative...

Matter of fact she even asked me..."What will you do when you have to go OFF that woe"?

I was thinking,...... Go off... what? I can see myself eating this woe for the REST of my life
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Not so far! I extolled the virtues of low-carb for so many years that I'm not eager to admit that I'm not doing strictly low-carb anymore. I still believe that low-carb is a great diet, especially when done with whole foods and especially-especially for people with metabolic disorders. I lost almost 100 pounds on it, but as far as pregnancy and breastfeeding? Not so great, at least not for me.

Just saying "the every other day diet" unless someone asks for more info sounds good to me. I'm not very comfortable with people bringing up weight because too many of them are eager to bring up the days when I weighed 250+ and tell me how ____ and _______ I looked back then. Like gee, THANKS!
So far: 0/10

Last edited by Knittering; 12-12-2011 at 06:15 AM..
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I have shared with a few people. A co-worker because she was nosy, my MIL because she knows I struggle with my weight, and my mom (for same reason as MIL).

My co-worker scoffed initially, but was impressed when I told her I've lost weight. Says she could never do it because she loves food to much. In my opinion (which I did not share with her because, really, it's none of my business), she is not ready to let her weight go.

MIL is intrigued, I think. She complains about her extra weight (thyroid meds, heart meds, ect), but she is a complainer, not a doer. *shrug*

Mom has a lot of the same problems I do when it comes to weight loss. No big surprise there...we are related after all She has started JUDDD as well and is enjoying this WOE and has lost weight too! (after a long time of trying everything else...like me)

I am more than happy to share this WOE with anyone who asks me

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
Only once and unfortunately, that response was negative...

Matter of fact she even asked me..."What will you do when you have to go OFF that woe"?

I was thinking,...... Go off... what? I can see myself eating this woe for the REST of my life
Why would you want to go "off" a plan that lets you eat virtually anything you want? Some people just don't get it. lol
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
Not so far! I extolled the virtues of low-carb for so many years that I'm not eager to admit that I'm not doing strictly low-carb anymore. I still believe that low-carb is a great diet, especially when done with whole foods and especially-especially for people with metabolic disorders.
I feel the same way. I've been so dedicated to low carb and its health benefits, people will probably fall over in a faint if they see me eat bread or something. I actually agreed to go to the church Christmas dinner next Sunday, which will be catered by a local fried chicken joint with all the carby sides. It'll be an UD, but I'm almost afraid to eat what I want in front of anyone else.

Of course, on the other hand, I've realized through the years that most people don't particularly notice or care what I eat as much as I do, lol.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
The only people who know I'm JUDDDing are my DH, DD (haven't discussed it w/the other two kids) and my boss, who introduced me to it. I'm scared to tell anyone because in the past, as soon as I started discussing any diet I was on, I would start to gain again.
So, if (I mean WHEN) I lose more and people start to notice and ask questions--I will be all over that!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
My husband and my close friends know about JUDDD but if others ask me I just tell them I am doing calorie cycling. That they are ok with. A few of my close friends who know how low I eat every other day just tell me they dont know how I do it, but they agree it is working.

I get people coming up to me daily at work noticing the weight loss. So I haven't gotten to much slack from anyone.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Having been almost anorexic, and in my later years bulimic I haven't shared this woe with anyone, not even dh! I am afraid it would seem like I as just starving/ binging again!
Dh can see I have relaxed towards carbs, but as I am now maintaing, he just sees it as a natural relaxing a bit after a stricter diet!
I have been juddding for 14 weeks now, and he hasn't noticed a thing, but with a history of ED's I have often ate weird stuff/ different from the rest of the family... Now I just do it every other day!
I envy those who can share, cos I fear that sharing my woe might make poor dh worry about me (especially since I have lost the last of my weight and am now, in his words "quite thin enough!")

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi
Wow! You have been able to overcome something that many people are not able to. I just wanted to tell you how awesome I think that is. You are an inspiration! It sounds like your DH loves you to pieces!! I am glad you found what works for you. You can continue to share with us
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
It's much easier for me to talk about JUDDD than to talk about Low Carb. Like was already mentioned, everyone seemed to think that LC was eating bacon all day long.
I tell people that JUDDD is calorie cycling and I get no funny looks!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes, the very word 'Atkins' would get people glazing over. I, personally, will always love and respect his work.

However it is much easier to talk about JUDDD, and folks are more receptive to the idea.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Thankyou JKat for your kind words! I have been free from bulimia since the day I discovered low carb ...28th march this year, and I am very proud of it, I want to make it a year!
Although I never lost on low carb, by just doing it I was automatically avoiding any of trigger foods, and it removed me from the awful binge/purge/starve cycle.
I still wanted to lose my last 14lbs though, but did not want to go back to low calorie dieting.... this only ever led to hunger, binging & purging.
After a lot of mental arguing I decided to try juddd, my main fear being hunger on DD's. I was never hungry on low carb, and I feared hunger would lead to the old binge/purge cycle.
Thankfully, with all the support here (the forum was tiny then, but beeb and sohappy were great!) this never happened. I WAS hungry, ESP at the start, but unlike with every day low cal diets, I KNEW the hunger was only for a short while..... not the unending stretch it is on a regular diet. I was never hungry for long enough to get desperate enough to binge, no food was off limits, so I never felt the need to overeat of it.
I think, for me juddd works because the DD's are now replacing my purging.
Before, I would feel panicy when full, or after a treat, imagining that the food in my tummy was going to make me fat, and that I had to "undo the damage" as quickly as possible.
Now, when I have an UD ( or free day, as I do now in maintainance) treat or filling meal, I just know my DD will take care of it, in a way far more gentle, healthy and pleasant than a purge.
My DH is just wonderful, he looks at me as if I am the most beautiful thing he has ever seen, no matter what I weigh, and I love him even more than when I met him, nearly 18 years ago!
I hope one day to share my woe with him, but I would hate to give him any reason to worry about me. Perhaps when I have been juddding for a year, and he can see me maintaining a healthy weight, and a healthy mind and body.
The fact that I am now keen to eat out now,( and do not rush to the toilets straight after the meal)will convince him that juddd is the perfect woe for me!

Hugs
Jo
X

Last edited by Joedi; 12-13-2011 at 05:11 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I followed Atkins for many years, and after awhile, because of the criticisms and naysayers, I became extremely private about what I ate.
I certainly said nothing about HHCG when I followed protocol except to my husband and daughter.

Folks still wanted to know how I maintained so beautifully for so many years. (with post-menopause, the weight crept up).

Now, that I'm OK with my weight, not thrilled, but still OK........folks see me eating all kinds of stuff and those who know me say......'Ah, Atkins didn't work, so now you're doing something else?"

So, now when someone asks me what/how I'm eating, I simply say that I watch what I eat.

Very generic and acceptable!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote