Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
GOAL! (Thanks to JUDDD)

I've been on these boards for 8 years, and lurking on these threads for about a month. I started with Atkins, lost the first 50 and then stalled for years. I tried CAD, IF (Fast 5 style), more carbs, less carbs, no dairy, etc. until a couple of years ago when I discovered hCG. I studied it for about 2 months before I took the plunge, and it worked beautifully! I actually got down to my all-time low goal of 138! However, I decided that I couldn't maintain that low a weight at age 54, post-menopausal, and hypothyroid. I raised my goal to 145, but really couldn't stay there, either. With "maintenance" rounds (2 a year), I've managed to stay in the 150's for the past couple of years. That's made me very happy! I wear size 6 jeans (I'm 5'7"). However, I couldn't figure out a way to keep the pounds from creeping back up and having to do another round of hCG, which I've grown to hate. JUDDD was the answer!

I started the week of Thanksgiving at 151, having just finished a round of hCG at 148, but already gaining. I enjoyed two lovely UDs during the holiday, and lost the weight quickly. Today, I'm finally at 145, my new goal! I'm really enjoying JUDDD, and my DH is also doing it loosely. He originally lost 80 pounds on Atkins, and stalled out just like I did. He joined me enthusiastically in hCG and lost down to an all-time low of 162 a couple of years ago (which, at 6' tall was too thin, IMHO). But he creeps up, too, and does more rounds of hCG with me. With JUDDD, he's dropped a few pounds and is at 173, where he looks great. I really think JUDDD is our answer for life-time maintanance.

I want to tell each of you how much I appreciate your posts. I've lurked because I wasn't sure when I wanted to start posting here, but now that I've proven to myself it works well for me, I'm HERE, and would like to be your JUDDD BUDDD.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
yay! congratulations to you! i am in the throes of battling maintenance "creep" too, and know what a challenge it is. kudos for finding a plan that you like...and that works!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I'm so happy for you!
Congrats!!

Those are really impressive numbers!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yayyy!! This is so wonderful to read, Laurie! and Congratulations to you and your DH!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer

Glad to have you with us! JUDDD is amazing, isn't it?
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
That's awesome! I'm really happy for you!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Woohoo!! How wonderful! Congrats on reaching your GOAL!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Well done!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Wonderful to have another new Juddd Buddd! Congrats on reaching your goal....have you found your maintainence numbers yet? Are you doing low carb?

Welcome to the forum!

Hugs
jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Congratulations, Laurie! I truly think JUDDD is a wonderful way to maintain. I'm also wondering if you are eating carbs. I am and it's so nice to not have any food restrictions and be able to go to gatherings and eat anything
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

As for carbs, I've added a few back, such as oatmeal and popcorn (100-calorie packs). That really helps me on DDs. I've always eaten a little sourdough bread. Because of its acidity, it doesn't raise blood sugar abnormally. I rarely eat any other bread, except when we go out to eat. We don't eat out very often, though. I'm planning to keep it reigned in pretty much, because I'm still totally convinced carbs are not ultimately good for my health. I've been saying for years that I can't control aging, but I don't have to be old AND sick. I have no doubt that had I not changed my life 8 years ago, I would be a 300-lb. diabetic by now (and, perhaps my DH, too!)

Low-carbing has taught me an enormous amount of self-control. Low calories are a piece of cake after hCG, especially since I have choices about what I want to eat. I'm keeping to about 500-600 calories for DDs and have allowed myself up to 1900 calories on UDs, but usually end up around 1800-1850. It's been really easier to not overeat now that I'm so conscious of calories. I can make better choices, and still have plenty of calories to play with for some goodies. I really love almond flour baked goods, and make great pumpkin muffins and the Chicken Lady's Carrot Cake. I use sweetzfree and E or Ideal (xylitol) to sweeten, and you can't tell the difference between them and the real deal.

I have an adorable granddaughter (my first and only GK) who is 19 months old. We're trying to keep her sugar and wheat-free. We've noticed when she's accidentally gotten some wheat, she breaks out in a rash. I am so happy my DD27 has listened to me on this, because she and her DH struggle with their weight and don't stay low-carb. My granddaughter, Charlotte, is not the least bit pudgy. She looks perfect! I love to post pics, so bear with me. Here's my precious, loving on her Granny last Sunday:

Here are some before and afters of my DH and I. You may have seen them elsewhere, but I'm thrilled with how far we've come.

Chubbies:

This is better!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Congrats, well done!!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #13

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Love that you have found JUDDD.

Such lovely photos.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
You and your hubby look great You don't look 54 either!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #15

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Laurie, so nice to see you here too!! Seems to be we follow each other everywhere, huh?? LOL. Congrats on making goal. I am in the got to goal on the hcg and have had trouble staying there. I am about to re-start another round, because my last round went so horribly wrong. But I DO know how I am going to keep it off!!! JUDDD!!! I can hardly believe Charlotte is 19 months already. The time sure has flown by. Have a wonderful Christmas!!! It has been forever since I have visited HTA.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Dawn! I knew that you and Metqa were over here. We are all on a quest to figure out how to maintain. I think hCG is wonderful for people like us who hang fairly close to goal, but just haven't been able to get there with low carb alone. Unfortunately, I don't think it helps me enough in the maintainance department. JUDDD seems to suit me very well, and I bet you'll do great on it, too!

Juliett, thanks for the compliment. I don't FEEL 54 either. But alas, the birthdays just keep coming.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
you guys look great congrats
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Great with the weight loss!

In the one photo I see music equipment, who plays and what?

A member of the family plays concertina! Ever hear of that?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
You look great. Juddd really a great woe. Congradulations!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Great with the weight loss!

In the one photo I see music equipment, who plays and what?

A member of the family plays concertina! Ever hear of that?
I've heard of a concertina, but I couldn't tell you what it is without research, lol.

My DH plays the piano at church. I like to joke about the picture where she's standing in front of him. I say, "GrandDavid offered to let her play the piano, but she would rather lead the singing today."

My DH and I have played in a country band for over thirty years. One of these pictures was taken at Billy Bob's Texas, the World's Largest Honky Tonk, where we're in one of the house bands. We play four nights about every other month or so. My DH is a monstrously talented piano pounder, and I sing. We also have another incarnation of the band (some different musicians) where we play a lot of senior citizens' dances. It's a lot of fun for us. We've also played the official after-party of the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas several years, although we haven't gone in the last couple of years. We've gotten to do a lot of really cool things because of the band, and met a lot of interesting people. This last summer, we opened for Charlie Daniels and I got a good picture with him. He's a very nice man, and can still play the stuffings out of his fiddle!

I've already had my granddaughter on stage with me (at a senior's gig a few months ago). The other girl is my youngest daughter (not the baby's mother), who also sings with us when she can.

Here's my little cowgirl, helping set up:

I hope ya'll don't mind all the pictures. I just love to share them and photobucket makes it so easy!

Last edited by theredhead; 12-11-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
What a GREAT thing to read tonight! I that you are doing so well on JUDDD and to the family!

You are an inspiration to us all!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
My DH and I have played in a country band for over thirty years. One of these pictures was taken at Billy Bob's Texas, the World's Largest Honky Tonk, where we're in one of the house bands. We play four nights about every other month or so.
Ah, I was at Billy Bob's back in June when visiting a friend I'd been there a few times before.

That brought back the memory of my journey to weight loss... Even though I knew I was getting big, it wasn't until I saw pics from that trip to Texas (including a couple taken at Billy Bob's!) that I knew I had to do something about the weight - those pics lit a fire under me, and as soon as I got back home I started dieting and exercising (just before I went LC).

Love that your family is musical Music is a big part of my life too, but nobody else in the family has an interest in playing.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Quote:
Hey, Dawn! I knew that you and Metqa were over here. We are all on a quest to figure out how to maintain. I think hCG is wonderful for people like us who hang fairly close to goal, but just haven't been able to get there with low carb alone. Unfortunately, I don't think it helps me enough in the maintainance department. JUDDD seems to suit me very well, and I bet you'll do great on it, too!

Juliett, thanks for the compliment. I don't FEEL 54 either. But alas, the birthdays just keep coming.
Congrats !! You and your hubby look great and your granddaughter is adorable !
I also used one round of hcg to finally get to goal (always had 10-15 left to get there, and could not do it with atkins). I am hear now and planning to move to JUDDD to maintain.

Can I ask, did you do all P3 and P4 before moving to JUDDD to maintain?
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Beeb! I hope I don't mess this up, but it seems pretty easy, so far.

Sophie, were you at Billy Bob's on a "star night (Fri or Sat)". If so, who did you see? We weren't at Billy Bob's this last June. We played a private party in Las Vegas for the County Commissioner's birthday. I'll never forget it because the first meal there gave me food poisoning and I was miserable the whole time! And I sure know what you mean about those pictures. Being on stage, sometimes in front of hundreds of people really motivates me to look my best.

Oneoftwo, I've done P3 many times, and didn't usually venture into P4 foods because I'm a pretty dedicated low-carber at heart. However, since my weight would creep anyway, this time I only did P3 for about 3 days (and promptly gained 3 pounds) before I decided to jump right into JUDDD. It felt like the right thing to do. I'll bet you'll do well, too.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:02 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
WOW!!

What a wonderful post - those pics are the greatest too!

Concertina is a squeeze box, mostly used in "old time" music, but also a very few use it for "jazz".

Check it out:

Brian Erickson - Jazz Concertina Artist

Thanks for this wonderful thread!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Laurie,

Like a few of us, we came from HHCG to JUDDD.

I did several full rounds within the last 2 years, and maintained about 5 lbs above goal for about 3-6 months, and then the lbs kept piling on and usually ended up about 10 lbs above goal.

After that, it was all uphill.

Since JUDDD, I am experiencing freedom of eating that I've not experienced in many a year. Between lc, HHCG.....eh, you know the drill!

I'm go glad to see you're at goal and in such a short time, also!
We also have a couple of others here from HTA who don't post much, so it's like ole home week!

So, again welcome and congratulations!!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
WOW!!

What a wonderful post - those pics are the greatest too!

Concertina is a squeeze box, mostly used in "old time" music, but also a very few use it for "jazz".

Check it out:

Brian Erickson - Jazz Concertina Artist

Thanks for this wonderful thread!
Oh, that's cool, Leona. Is this person your actual relative, or did you just use this for an example? When I was growing up, my best friend's mother had one of these hidden in the back of her closet. I don't know if she ever took it out and played it, but I remember thinking it was so odd. This woman was very quiet, solemn, and straight-laced. I couldn't ever imagine her having FUN, especially playing an instrument, lol.

Hey, Sazzie! We certainly have a lot in common. hCG is an amazingly good way to lose the weight, but I was disappointed that, at least in my case, there didn't seem to be any "resetting" of the hypothalamus. I gained weight back just as easily as I gained it the first fifty times, lol. JUDDD seems a much more sustainable way to maintain.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #28

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:

Hey, Sazzie! We certainly have a lot in common. hCG is an amazingly good way to lose the weight, but I was disappointed that, at least in my case, there didn't seem to be any "resetting" of the hypothalamus. I gained weight back just as easily as I gained it the first fifty times, lol. JUDDD seems a much more sustainable way to maintain.
Boy am I glad to hear you say that. I thought I was going out of my mind. I hate that you are having trouble staying at goal, don't get me wrong on that!!, once getting there with the hcg, but I cannot seem to stay at my goal either. I was thinking it was just me and my lack of willpower but seeing that others are struggling with this makes me feel better that it may not be "just me". I was having trouble after every P3. I seem to gain weight easily too!! I think I have found the key to maintaining this time. I hope this is the way for us to keep it off
Old 12-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I suspect it's true for most of us with broken metabolisms. Aren't we lucky to have found something that works?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Laurie, you said it all ^^^^^^
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote