Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm really cold today. I asked the office in general if anyone else is freezing and my boss, who knows of my WOE--as does the rest of my office, says, "Well, if you'd eat more than 12 calories before lunch, maybe you wouldn't be freezing!" I replied, "Jeff, with my coffee, gluc capsules, and broth, I've had 15 calories so far, so I should be nice and warm!"

We all had a good
I'm freezing today, too!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am always cold so I can't tell if I am coldr on DD or not. My normal body temperature is mid 97's about a degree or more lower than normal.
I hate winter.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Dawn that is funny.

But you know what I am freezing
right now and I have had 150c
so far
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I went and had lunch (OMM) in the conference room, closed the door, and cranked the heater. I've now had 100 calories today, am drinking another cup of coffe, and have thawed somewhat.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #35

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I went and had lunch (OMM) in the conference room, closed the door, and cranked the heater. I've now had 100 calories today, am drinking another cup of coffe, and have thawed somewhat.
Surely that 100 calories is going to rev you right up!

I think we sometimes feel colder on DDs, but even though this has been a very mild winter so far more places, it's still winter. I don't think it's surprising to feel cold sometimes. Put on another layer and get cozy.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
When I did protocol (HHCG) I was always so very cold. And, I made the mistake of starting one of my rounds in January.
Now, don't think it doesn't get cold here in Florida, cause it most certainly does. We even get freezes here.......then again, I'm in the Northeastern sector.

Anyway, I was so cold because I was eating no fat for insulation. And that went on for 40 days .......I vowed never to do any ensuing rounds except in Spring, and even then, I felt cold.

Now, with JUDDD I am only cold every other day!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
When I did protocol (HHCG) I was always so very cold. And, I made the mistake of starting one of my rounds in January.
Now, don't think it doesn't get cold here in Florida, cause it most certainly does. We even get freezes here.......then again, I'm in the Northeastern sector.

Anyway, I was so cold because I was eating no fat for insulation. And that went on for 40 days .......I vowed never to do any ensuing rounds except in Spring, and even then, I felt cold.

Now, with JUDDD I am only cold every other day!
LOL, sazzie!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I think we sometimes feel colder on DDs, but even though this has been a very mild winter so far more places, it's still winter. I don't think it's surprising to feel cold sometimes. Put on another layer and get cozy.
I don't know, this is not how it is for me at all. JUDDD is the first time I have ever dieted, and I get really cold on my down days only. I am thinking that when I am at a serious calorie deficit my body cuts heating a lot. I generally have run warm all my life (though now I'm thinking that maybe I was just eating a lot...) but on down days, especially low ones, if I get cold, it turns into this desperate feeling type of cold that feels unwarmable. Clothes don't really help. The only thing I've found that will help is drinking hot drinks and putting hot water on me in the form of a hot shower (and then bundling) or a hot water bottle. It's crazy! I am spending this winter in DC after four years in Vermont, too, with a much milder winter. I usually didn't even wear a coat in Vermont, just layered up a few sweaters! (I've never owned a coat I love...)
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I'm freeeeeeeeeeezing today, my hands are frozen claws. My feet too. But I'm always cold so I can't really tell if it's colder than normal. Canadian winters suck.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
I don't know, this is not how it is for me at all. JUDDD is the first time I have ever dieted, and I get really cold on my down days only. I am thinking that when I am at a serious calorie deficit my body cuts heating a lot. I generally have run warm all my life (though now I'm thinking that maybe I was just eating a lot...) but on down days, especially low ones, if I get cold, it turns into this desperate feeling type of cold that feels unwarmable. Clothes don't really help. The only thing I've found that will help is drinking hot drinks and putting hot water on me in the form of a hot shower (and then bundling) or a hot water bottle. It's crazy! I am spending this winter in DC after four years in Vermont, too, with a much milder winter. I usually didn't even wear a coat in Vermont, just layered up a few sweaters! (I've never owned a coat I love...)
I just thought of this: Maybe there's a difference on this depending on if you're still a young functioning woman, or an old post-menopausal woman. LOL

Not that I'm living in a perpetual hot flash or anything, but I do remember the few years when I'd have to go outside in the ice and snow of winter and just sit in a lawn chair for awhile, without a coat, until I cooled down again.

So maybe I'm just past the age of being sensitive to it much anymore.

OH! Also, maybe it depends on whether we're holding to low DD calorie numbers in weight loss mode, or whether we're eating at higher DD calorie numbers in maintenance mode! Which I normally am. Just another thought.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #41

I really think it's the low calories on DDs. I feel fine today. Last night I had to sleep with two blankets, and I'm usually the one with her feet sticking out just because I get too hot.

I have no idea where I am on the menopausal scale as my BC has left me without menses for the last 7 years. I'm turning 40 this year (wow, really??) and my mom went through menopause in her 50s but her sister was just a little older than I am now. Who knows? I could have already gone through it. Wouldn't that be great!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Definitely! those both make sense to me. I just wanted to note that if other people were feeling unnaturally cold, they weren't alone! this isn't like any cold i've ever felt before!!
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
Definitely! those both make sense to me. I just wanted to note that if other people were feeling unnaturally cold, they weren't alone! this isn't like any cold i've ever felt before!!
Thanks for the thought! I agree with you that it is an unusual kind of "cold." I have always had low blood pressure so my hands and feet are cold, but on DD's my whole body is cold and my hands and feet are like ice! I sleep in sweats after a DD!
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
when the body perceives a threat, it pulls heat to the inner core to protect vital functions. Every time I have ever fasted, I have gotten freezing cold--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
when the body perceives a threat, it pulls heat to the inner core to protect vital functions. Every time I have ever fasted, I have gotten freezing cold--
Well, all of these studies show that fasting/severe calorie restriction extends lifespan by, like... 33%, etc.

Maybe the folks are just frozen and preserved!

Old 01-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Lol Pat!!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'd only had about 350 calories since 10:30 last night when I was making dinner this evening. Usually being active like that - cleaning, cooking, etc. warms me up plenty. But even with that and the heat turned up, I was still cold.

After I had a big dinner (probably pushed my calories for the day up to about 900!) I warmed up. Lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Well, all of these studies show that fasting/severe calorie restriction extends lifespan by, like... 33%, etc.

Maybe the folks are just frozen and preserved!

Reminds me of how my Grandma always said she would be well-preserved because of all the pickled foods she ate. And she does eat a lot of them - always has, most all of it the things she's canned herself, such as pickles, saerkraut, relishes, etc.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Well, I froze all day today. The heat was running and I had a little electric heater under my desk and I was still cold. Had on a long sleeved turtleneck and a big cardigan sweater and never took it off. Long pants and thick socks. Now for the sad part. It got up to 70 here today.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I am noticing a little of this to and something else a little strange. I ofton feel a little
feverish but I am not runing a fever in fact my temp may be 98.4. But right after I eat
this fealing feverish goes away. It's nothing I can't put up with besides I have lost 40 lbs
and this was all done during late fall and winter when most people including me gain weight.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #51

I'm bumping for Mykidsteacher.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Thanks for the bump.

The interesting thing is, I use Natural Family Planning for bc, and so I temp first thing my eyes are open every morning. My temps this month look just like any other month. I haven't noticed a decrease at all. Ok, I take that back, just went and actually compared charts, rather than relying on memory, and temps ARE .2-.3* lower this month. I suppose that would explain it.

I need to go do some sewing, but my machine is away from the fire, and I'm not sure I can make myself go. LOL

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 01-24-2012 at 11:42 AM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
I think it is interesting. I am warm for a while after I run but then about an hour later I am so cold I can barely stand it. I can't warm up no matter how many layers I put on until I eat a big meal. Interesting indeed! Now after reading that article - maybe I know why. I am on a DD today and have been pretty warm in my office because I had the space heater cranked to 75 degrees F but on the way home I got so cold and I still haven't warmed up back at home sitting in the hottest room in the house! The test will be tonight when I sleep because I am hottest at night (even though I normally run cold anyways since even in summer here in Nevada you'll catch me in a sweater). I am hopeful since reading that article that the coldness means I am burning more fat??????? It makes sense in the context of after my run too. Just wondering if you guys have an opinion. I hope it doesn't mean my metabolism is conserving energy to that degree. :-( However I have read time after time the "thermogenic" properties of eating. Fascinating.

-Michelle
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I have been freezing for weeks now. I haven't been keep track of whether it's just DDs tho. I definitely will now!

My problem is that I am waking up at 3am overheating. Even after I lose the covers, I can't get back to sleep - I feel almost feverish. Maybe this is only on UDs? Dh noticed that it was after I'd had a beer...but the commonality is not the beer, they were both UDs. Yesterday it happened again after an UD and I didn't have a beer

I doubt it's going to prolong my life if I'm losing 2-3 hours sleep every night, LOL.

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote