Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/748691-just-keep-swimming-just-keep-swimming.html)

piratejenny 12-10-2011 05:42 PM

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
 
I sing this to myself whenever I get frustrated with the scale, or really hungry on a DD!!! :D

I have been somewhat stuck for about 5 weeks, but I have still seen a few new low weights during this time. On Dec 1st I went down to 274.2, then back up 2-4lbs until today, when I saw 274.2 again! Then just a little while ago, in the middle of an Up Day, I was feeling so light and bouncy I decided to weigh myself again--and saw 273.6!!! :yahoo:

Over in the Whoo-hoo and Weight Management threads, there are a lot of posts by people who have hit a stall or even regained a few pounds...a few days later, they often report a loss of MORE than they dreamed possible! But we have so many different types of Whoo-hoos in that thread, would anyone like to specifically share their stories about breaking a stall and/or visits from the Whoosh Fairy? To keep us inspired when we're seeing no results and wondering if we're following the weirdest WOE ever? :laugh:

And remember...
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!


Just Keep Swimming Sound Clip and Quote

dasiey 12-10-2011 05:59 PM

PJ I'm inspired This morning I weighted 151 I have not seen that number in years.
50 % of the time I'm hot even hungry(lol)
I'm loven it.

stardustshadow 12-11-2011 01:45 AM

Good advice for any way of eating!!

LouLou 12-11-2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15240250)
I sing this to myself whenever I get frustrated with the scale, or really hungry on a DD!!! :D

I have been somewhat stuck for about 5 weeks, but I have still seen a few new low weights during this time. On Dec 1st I went down to 274.2, then back up 2-4lbs until today, when I saw 274.2 again! Then just a little while ago, in the middle of an Up Day, I was feeling so light and bouncy I decided to weigh myself again--and saw 273.6!!! :yahoo:

Over in the Whoo-hoo and Weight Management threads, there are a lot of posts by people who have hit a stall or even regained a few pounds...a few days later, they often report a loss of MORE than they dreamed possible! But we have so many different types of Whoo-hoos in that thread, would anyone like to specifically share their stories about breaking a stall and/or visits from the Whoosh Fairy? To keep us inspired when we're seeing no results and wondering if we're following the weirdest WOE ever? :laugh:

And remember...
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!


Just Keep Swimming Sound Clip and Quote


I think this is a great idea! Since trying this WOE I have been having my weight go up and down. I am still trying to find my way. I think we all get stalled in every WOE of eating. We just need a break in something to get us moving again.

Also, I am very new to this posting thing! I am so used to facebook and getting replies and such. Is there an easier way to see a post back from your post or do you have to go through everything until you find yours? I know this isn't about JUDDD but I want to post more but not sure how this all works.

Thanks!

julietcc 12-11-2011 11:40 AM

Yes! Just keep swimming! I see it all the time where people will be stuck and then suddenly get a great whoosh, even after an UD sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouLou (Post 15240916)
Is there an easier way to see a post back from your post or do you have to go through everything until you find yours? I know this isn't about JUDDD but I want to post more but not sure how this all works.

Thanks!

LouLou, do you know about that little blue square with the down arrow on it? It's right below every thread title. click on it and it will take you right to the newest post you haven't ever read before. It's a great time saver!

If there is a thread that really interests you, you can subscribe to it and even get an email whenever someone posts a reply. It's under thread tools in the upper right corner.

pjsam1156 12-11-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15241570)
Yes! Just keep swimming! I see it all the time where people will be stuck and then suddenly get a great whoosh, even after an UD sometimes.



LouLou, do you know about that little blue square with the down arrow on it? It's right below every thread title. click on it and it will take you right to the newest post you haven't ever read before. It's a great time saver!

If there is a thread that really interests you, you can subscribe to it and even get an email whenever someone posts a reply. It's under thread tools in the upper right corner.

Thanks julie!!! I was wondering the same thing!:)

LouLou 12-11-2011 01:52 PM

Thank you so much Julie! This will make it so much easier!

piratejenny 12-11-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouLou (Post 15240916)
Also, I am very new to this posting thing! I am so used to facebook and getting replies and such. Is there an easier way to see a post back from your post or do you have to go through everything until you find yours? I know this isn't about JUDDD but I want to post more but not sure how this all works.

Thanks!

If you click on "User Control Panel" in the blue line on top of every page, it will show you a list of any threads you are subscribed to that have new posts. Then, when you click on one of those threads, it will take you to the 1st page; at the top will be "view first unread".

There isn't any way to get notified, though, when someone responds to one of your posts. You just have to read through whatever's been posted after you.

Any time you reply to a thread, you are automatically subscribed.
Or, as Juliet explained, you can click on "thread tools" and subscribe...or unsubscribe from threads you're no longer interested in!

You can also click on your own name in that panel that shows up next to a post, then "find recent posts" (or in your profile under the "statistics" tab), if you want to get back to the spot in a thread where you posted without scrolling through all the pages.

stardustshadow 12-12-2011 02:37 PM

I am thinking about your swimming post...! I feel like I am swimming on JUDDD right now too! Like the scale going up and then down, in waves...:)

My scale is moving downwards progressively and I am invoking patience.

But I must say that the LC version of JUDDD is actually working well for me and I am feeling quite free and happy!

Speck333 12-12-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 15244388)
I am thinking about your swimming post...! I feel like I am swimming on JUDDD right now too! Like the scale going up and then down, in waves...:)

My scale is moving downwards progressively and I am invoking patience.

But I must say that the LC version of JUDDD is actually working well for me and I am feeling quite free and happy!

That's great! I was wondering how you were doing.

LouLou 12-12-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15241942)
If you click on "User Control Panel" in the blue line on top of every page, it will show you a list of any threads you are subscribed to that have new posts. Then, when you click on one of those threads, it will take you to the 1st page; at the top will be "view first unread".

There isn't any way to get notified, though, when someone responds to one of your posts. You just have to read through whatever's been posted after you.

Any time you reply to a thread, you are automatically subscribed.
Or, as Juliet explained, you can click on "thread tools" and subscribe...or unsubscribe from threads you're no longer interested in!

You can also click on your own name in that panel that shows up next to a post, then "find recent posts" (or in your profile under the "statistics" tab), if you want to get back to the spot in a thread where you posted without scrolling through all the pages.

Thanks for the info! It makes it so much easier!

stardustshadow 12-14-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15244603)
That's great! I was wondering how you were doing.

Aw:) Thanks!

I've been back to JUDDD for nearly a week now and the weight is dropping off. I'm hoping to get down to my magic low weight I saw the FIRST time I JUDDDed (before I hit a weird bounce back with TOM). I expect that will take about 2 more DDs, and after that...well, cross your fingers because I am hoping for new lows!:)

Keeping the carbs low has stabilized my weight bounce too...I still gain from UDs, but it is only about a pound, then I have seen a drop of 2 pounds the next day, for a total 48 hour loss of a pound. NOT SHABBY! This has been the pattern since my JUDDD restart last week.

Speck333 12-14-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 15247804)
Aw:) Thanks!

I've been back to JUDDD for nearly a week now and the weight is dropping off. I'm hoping to get down to my magic low weight I saw the FIRST time I JUDDDed (before I hit a weird bounce back with TOM). I expect that will take about 2 more DDs, and after that...well, cross your fingers because I am hoping for new lows!:)

Keeping the carbs low has stabilized my weight bounce too...I still gain from UDs, but it is only about a pound, then I have seen a drop of 2 pounds the next day, for a total 48 hour loss of a pound. NOT SHABBY! This has been the pattern since my JUDDD restart last week.

:clap: That's fantastic! It's taken me a couple weeks to get my act together, but I'm back in my groove again and the weight is coming off of me, too! I absolutely feel so much better staying away from the excessive carbs and JUDDD works so much better for me that way, too.

stardustshadow 12-14-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15249366)
:clap: That's fantastic! It's taken me a couple weeks to get my act together, but I'm back in my groove again and the weight is coming off of me, too! I absolutely feel so much better staying away from the excessive carbs and JUDDD works so much better for me that way, too.

:clap:

YAY! so glad things are going well for you, too!:)
I feel exactly the same as you do...I am better off for keeping it low carb. And JUDDD is easier that way (and yeah, works better too, so far!).

I am not counting any losses just yet until I hit my magic lowest weight and go below it...but I am ALMosT there...!! More encouragement for tomorrows DD I guess:)

tiva 12-14-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15249366)
:clap: That's fantastic! It's taken me a couple weeks to get my act together, but I'm back in my groove again and the weight is coming off of me, too! I absolutely feel so much better staying away from the excessive carbs and JUDDD works so much better for me that way, too.

Great job, both of you! I'm back to JUDDDing for a little while, and it's still in the frustrating stage. I gain 3 lbs on UD and lose 2.8 lbs on DD. This means that I'm up 0.6 lbs by the end of the week, after 3 starvation filled DDs. My DD have been very low carb, but until today, my 3 UD were slightly higher carb--still low carb for most folks, but higher for me. Plus I was eating outside my 5 hour eating window on UDs.

So, from now on, on UD as on DD, I'll only eat within my 5 hour eating window, and I'll do strict LC on both UD and DD. And DD will have more fat, because otherwise I can feel depression and anxiety heading my way.

Kissa 12-15-2011 03:19 PM

:):shake::)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.