Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Great Article! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/748494-great-article.html)

Michiko 12-08-2011 08:11 PM

Great Article!

A member suggested that I pop into the JUDDD section of LCF. I was curious and discovered that I'm already doing something very similar. Not exactly JUDDD but moderating carbs and having a combo of high cal/carb days and low cal/carb days during any given week. Then today I came across this article:

Study: Cutting Carbs Twice a Week Better than Full-On Diet - - TIME Healthland

It's about a study on cutting calories and carbs twice a week and how beneficial it is not only to weight loss, but health. (insulin levels and leptin which are both associated with tumor development)

melissaconatser 12-09-2011 05:21 AM

Interesting. I haven't paid much attention to carbs since starting JUDDD, but I may just start watching my carbs on my DDs. Thanks!

KeirasMom 12-09-2011 05:23 AM

Thanks for sharing. That's quite interesting.

MintQ8 12-10-2011 01:00 AM

Meant to thank you for this yesterday. Interesting.

After the mad season (and our skiing holiday in Jan!) may consider trying JUDDD with a couple of days a week of LC!!!

MintQ8 12-10-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissaconatser (Post 15236886)
Interesting. I haven't paid much attention to carbs since starting JUDDD, but I may just start watching my carbs on my DDs. Thanks!

Kissa suggested that it may be easier to watch carbs on UD???? Maybe start with an UD per week - then choose a DD when you have the right food in!!

I'm thinking of doing something like this too.

jandjsmom 12-10-2011 06:08 AM

When I started JUDDD, I totally started eating carbs again and was loving it! But, what I didn't love is that, although I broke my stall at 137, I kept losing and gaining the same pound or two.
This week, I went back to LC with JUDDD and as of this morning I am at a new low of 133!!!!
I think to lose, I have to watch my carbs. But to maintain I will be able to add them back in.

pjsam1156 12-10-2011 07:29 AM

jandj: Just for another perspective, and if it's any help to you, I eat any carbs I want (on UDs) and check out my recent stats:

30-Nov UD 1623 -150.6
1-Dec DD 618 -151.2
2-Dec UD 2081 -150.2
3-Dec DD 589 -151.5
4-Dec UD 1755 -150.5
5-Dec DD 541 -151.8
6-Dec UD 1812 -150.4
7-Dec DD 630 -148.3
8-Dec UD 1750 - 147.4

Notice I bounced back and forth for 7 days before my body would let go of any weight.:confused: I think some bodies bounce back and forth a lot. But, I see that you are losing by LCing w/your JUDDD--that's great!:jumpjoy:

jandjsmom 12-10-2011 08:23 AM

Pjsam--- Wow, You are doing great! I lost an initial 3 pounds when I started JUDDD, with carbs back in, but after that just kept losing and gaining same weight. Also, found myself so hungry!! I've come to realize how much I love the natural appetite suppression that LC gives me. It definately helps me to not really be hungry!! After reading through so many people's experience, I think that there are just some of us that are really really carb sensitive!

I love JUDDD, and will definately add carbs back in when I get to goal.

My problem now is wondering if I will ever be happy with my weight!!! This time a year ago, I would have thought that I would be feeling great at 133!! But, when I look in the mirror I still see fat. My husband doesn't want me to lose anymore and tell's me I am perfect (he told me that 22 pounds ago too!!) but I just want to be happy. Hopefully it is a mental thing and when I get in the 120's I will be happy!

pjsam1156 12-10-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15239345)
Pjsam--- Wow, You are doing great! I lost an initial 3 pounds when I started JUDDD, with carbs back in, but after that just kept losing and gaining same weight. Also, found myself so hungry!! I've come to realize how much I love the natural appetite suppression that LC gives me. It definately helps me to not really be hungry!! After reading through so many people's experience, I think that there are just some of us that are really really carb sensitive!

I love JUDDD, and will definately add carbs back in when I get to goal.

My problem now is wondering if I will ever be happy with my weight!!! This time a year ago, I would have thought that I would be feeling great at 133!! But, when I look in the mirror I still see fat. My husband doesn't want me to lose anymore and tell's me I am perfect (he told me that 22 pounds ago too!!) but I just want to be happy. Hopefully it is a mental thing and when I get in the 120's I will be happy!

that's so funny--because I lost 4 lbs. the first week as well. Then I maintained for two weeks. the only thing that saved me was I had to start counting my UD cals, because I didn't know I was eating WAYYY over my limit on UDs.:hyst:
I haven't been under 140 in 20 years. I, too, will be VERY happy if I can get into the 120s:jumpjoy:

Karen925 12-10-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15239345)
My husband doesn't want me to lose anymore and tell's me I am perfect (he told me that 22 pounds ago too!!) but I just want to be happy. Hopefully it is a mental thing and when I get in the 120's I will be happy!

I had three goals when losing- 160# WW defined goal from reaching lifetime membership in conjunction with the ability to join the National Weight Loss Registry. My second super secret goal was 145#. I hadn't seen this weight in decades. Now I am at my final resting place of mid 120's, hovering near 125# most of the time. My DH loved me each and every step of the way. Only I could determine where I felt the most joy. Same for you. Give it time, you will know when it is the right weight. Isn't it fabulous to be able to chose:-)