Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   If it's on the web it's a fact!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/748442-if-its-web-its-fact.html)

kel7298 12-08-2011 11:34 AM

If it's on the web it's a fact!!
 
Diet Every Other Day

Granted the calorie amounts are different but the basis is the same.

Belly Flab Fighter #3: diet every other day
A recent study led by Krista Varady, Ph.D., an assistant professor of kinesiology and nutrition at the University of Illinois at Chicago, found that people eating 25 percent fewer calories every other day lost up to 30 pounds in only eight weeks. Make it work for you by taking in 1,200-1,500 calories one day, and then eating as you normally do the next. Don’t overdo it on your “off days” and sabotage yourself, though. And keep up your weekly exercise routine.


Read More

Beeb 12-08-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15235121)
Diet Every Other Day

Granted the calorie amounts are different but the basis is the same.

Belly Flab Fighter #3: diet every other day
A recent study led by Krista Varady, Ph.D., an assistant professor of kinesiology and nutrition at the University of Illinois at Chicago, found that people eating 25 percent fewer calories every other day lost up to 30 pounds in only eight weeks. Make it work for you by taking in 1,200-1,500 calories one day, and then eating as you normally do the next. Don’t overdo it on your “off days” and sabotage yourself, though. And keep up your weekly exercise routine.


Read More

OH NO!! I'm not sure I like this! :confused: This means if this catches on our little JUDDD family is going to get "OUT OF CONTROL" and I'll NEVER be able to keep up with everyone!! :doh::laugh:

All I can say is, "IT'S ABOUT TIME"!! Great article, Kel!! :high5:

Low Carb Librarian 12-08-2011 02:43 PM

I don't see how people can lose that much with eating 1200-1500 on their "diet" day...
Then eating normally on the off day.

kel7298 12-08-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 15235569)
I don't see how people can lose that much with eating 1200-1500 on their "diet" day...
Then eating normally on the off day.

I completely agree with you. I was doing that "diet" day everyday and just maintaining!

E.W. 12-08-2011 03:05 PM

Perhaps they were also taking that guarenteed diet pill found on Ebay "Lose 50 pounds in 1 week"

pjsam1156 12-08-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.W. (Post 15235620)
Perhaps they were also taking that guarenteed diet pill found on Ebay "Lose 50 pounds in 1 week"

:hyst::rofl:

pjsam1156 12-08-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15235577)
I completely agree with you. I was doing that "diet" day everyday and just maintaining!

maybe they all started out at 800 lbs.:hyst:

tiva 12-11-2011 08:02 PM

That news report misreported Dr. Varady's study. I am familiar with her research, and the people in her trials eat only 25% of their normal calories on the down day. It's not a 25% decrease in calories--it's a 75% decrease in calories. (Her studies use 75% energy restriction for 24 hours alternated with ad libitum (free) feeding for 24 hours.)

piratejenny 12-11-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiva (Post 15242441)
That news report misreported Dr. Varady's study. I am familiar with her research, and the people in her trials eat only 25% of their normal calories on the down day. It's not a 25% decrease in calories--it's a 75% decrease in calories. (Her studies use 75% energy restriction for 24 hours alternated with ad libitum (free) feeding for 24 hours.)

Oh, that makes a lot more sense!
And is a bit more like what I'm doing--MUDDDing. :D

kel7298 12-12-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15242663)
Oh, that makes a lot more sense!
And is a bit more like what I'm doing--MUDDDing. :D

Great minds, eh!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.