Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Some advice please

I have tried JUDD twice so far. Both times I felt like my eating was out of control. The first time I ate one meal and whatever I wanted on DD and the second time I tried to put weight watchers pts to it so I can keep myself more in control. It does work but I do find it can trigger a feast and famine in me and then I binge.

I really want this to work. I want to give this go again. I feel like I am in a better place now. Nothing else is working!! I am thinking of approching this doing lower carbs and just eating veggies and fruit on Ud and low carb on DD.

I guess I am looking for some support and advice. My life that was crazy has now settled down a bit so I can concentrate more on myself! I was caring for my elderly uncle in his home. He recently passed away and I miss him something aweful but feel like its a big stress relief too and he is at peace.

Sorry if I am all over the place. Help! please

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
JKat!
First, don't apologize for "being all over the place!" we ALL are at one time or another!
I started binging on JUDDD the first two weeks. I think it was because I had the mental thoughts of "OH GOODY! I can eat this stuff that I couldn't have yesterday." But, if it's any help to you, someone on another thread said they did the same and had to tell themselves, "Sure, you can have this today, but if not today, then the day after tomorrow and for the rest of your life." The novelty will wear off, because you will start to feel wayyy better--especially on DDs.
It's hard at first, but one of the things someone else on another thread also said is, "You don't have to eat it all now, because You CAN have more later, the day after tomorrow. No one is going to take it away, and you have permission to eat as much as you want. You have permission to OVER EAT IT if you want, but you have to accept the consequences, but only for one day because the next day is Down
and the help and support on this JUDDD forum are AMAZING.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks PJsam...I am going to give it a go again. Thanks for the warm welcome!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
I have tried JUDD twice so far. Both times I felt like my eating was out of control. The first time I ate one meal and whatever I wanted on DD and the second time I tried to put weight watchers pts to it so I can keep myself more in control. It does work but I do find it can trigger a feast and famine in me and then I binge.

I really want this to work. I want to give this go again. I feel like I am in a better place now. Nothing else is working!! I am thinking of approching this doing lower carbs and just eating veggies and fruit on Ud and low carb on DD.

I guess I am looking for some support and advice. My life that was crazy has now settled down a bit so I can concentrate more on myself! I was caring for my elderly uncle in his home. He recently passed away and I miss him something aweful but feel like its a big stress relief too and he is at peace.

Sorry if I am all over the place. Help! please
First, sorry for you loss and yes, I'm sure he is at peace and much happier than he ever was.

Not sure if I can help but will try. I think the first thing you need to figure out is why the feast or famine thought pattern? If you count your calories you will KNOW that you can't go over what you need to eat for DDs and UDs. Being accountable is the trick, at least it is to me. I don't know about WW points and JUDDD, though and I'm hoping someone will help here for you.

But I will say I suggest you reverse your thoughts about fruit and veggies on UDs and LC on DDs. Eating those fruit and veggies on your DDs will give you more food to have on DDs, where as LC is pretty high calorie and may not work. Why not do the LC on UDs when you have more calories to play with?

Just my suggestions and hope you find what will work for you.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
First, sorry for you loss and yes, I'm sure he is at peace and much happier than he ever was.

Not sure if I can help but will try. I think the first thing you need to figure out is why the feast or famine thought pattern? If you count your calories you will KNOW that you can't go over what you need to eat for DDs and UDs. Being accountable is the trick, at least it is to me. I don't know about WW points and JUDDD, though and I'm hoping someone will help here for you.

But I will say I suggest you reverse your thoughts about fruit and veggies on UDs and LC on DDs. Eating those fruit and veggies on your DDs will give you more food to have on DDs, where as LC is pretty high calorie and may not work. Why not do the LC on UDs when you have more calories to play with?

Just my suggestions and hope you find what will work for you.
These words also help me Beeb! I think that is one of my problems too! I wasn't really keeping a close eye on my UD calories! This really struck something for me! Thank you!

I to am sorry for your loss! Keep on track you can do it!
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you....Yes he is a peace now. It has been a hard two years and I just said to DH that I am so sad that he is gone but now I can make myself important again. I almost feel guilty about that but know its just part of the grieving process.

I just feel ready to do this. I think last time I caught up in OMGosh I can eat that!! Then I over ate and felt miserable. I felt like I was restarting every down day. I think my approach was more of fad like even tho I said all the right things when I posted. I used it to eat all those foods that I have not let myself do for years!!! I need to set a plan forth and follow my calorie limits.

Beeb didn't you eat more calories on the Down days when you started ???
Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
But I will say I suggest you reverse your thoughts about fruit and veggies on UDs and LC on DDs. Eating those fruit and veggies on your DDs will give you more food to have on DDs, where as LC is pretty high calorie and may not work. Why not do the LC on UDs when you have more calories to play with.
What a great idea!
When I first started back in October I thought I was going to stay LC but I couldn't figure out how to eat on my DD's.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Beeb didn't you eat more calories on the Down days when you started ???
I upped my calories to 700 on DDs, which was somewhere in between the 40% and 45% for weight loss and maintenance on the JUDDD site because I felt I needed a "cushion" to eat more if I really needed to.

And the funny thing is I only got to that 700 a couple of times. Most days I ate 600 or below, but knowing I had that cushion just gave me a sense of security and made those DDs a lot easier!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

OK I am ready to start to marrow. It will be a DD and breakfast will be a shake with whey and almond milk. I also made cauliflower bisque that's only 40 calories a cup

Lc librarian what has worked for u on DD.

Thanks beep. I have to change my thinking. I am going to work on this

I can do it!!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #10

Quote:
OK I am ready to start to marrow. It will be a DD and breakfast will be a shake with whey and almond milk. I also made cauliflower bisque that's only 40 calories a cup

Lc librarian what has worked for u on DD.

Thanks beep. I have to change my thinking. I am going to work on this

I can do it!!!!!
YES, you CAN do this!!! And I am going to keep looking in the Down Day Recipe thread for that cauliflower bisque soup recipe!

PLEASE!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Sure I will post it. Really its just linda sues recipe with almond milk instead of cream. Very thick and yummy!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Sure I will post it. Really its just linda sues recipe with almond milk instead of cream. Very thick and yummy!
I saw the recipe and thanks SO much!! I can't wait to try it next week on a DD!!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I eat a lot of veggies on my DD. I would bring a bag of Vegitables that I could steam in the microwave at work. I have recently started having soup ( healthy choice country veg). But I don't know if I could have gotten through those first few DD's without my bag of veggies!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:52 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Personally, eating fruit makes me RAVENOUS...I'd prefer a small protein rich meal, even if it means less 'food'.
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Personally, eating fruit makes me RAVENOUS...I'd prefer a small protein rich meal, even if it means less 'food'.
I am the same, sugar of any kind, even sugar subs, does this to me so I eat my fruit with a protein; peanut butter, cheese, etc. and that seems to keep ravenous monster at bay!