Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
8 Week Progress Report :)

Just wanted to give a little update. I've been JUDDDg for 8 weeks now, have been in maintenance for about half that time.

I use FDs (free days) where I do not count calories. This has been very freeing and makes me feel like I'm not dieting or have any restrictions at all.

I set a weight range for myself in maintenance, allowing myself to go up to 146# which is one pound over my original goal weight. If I see 147# I will know to reign things in and start counting my UDs again, but so far, I have not seen 147#

I don't do any exercise (bad cat!) but I can't get motivated right now. I know I will sometime after the New Year, when I start looking towards spring and thinking about the shorts and short sleeves, and not to mention that I'd like to wear a cute bathing suit (maybe even a bikini!) on the beach this summer. For me, that will mean getting back into my Callanetics to achieve the goal. I had such awesome results with Callanetics last summer, I know I will get there.

If you read any of my older posts about progress, you know acne was a huge deal for me. Well, not anymore!!! <<<<---tears of joy! I'm clear pretty much ALL the time now! Only exception is if I overdo the wine and/or refined carbs, but even then, it's just a pimple or two and much smaller size than it used to be. It's almost like my body is adjusting to even the excesses a bit as I get further into the health benefits of CR from JUDDD.

The only time I feel bad is during my period - I still get a range of time then where I get cold/flu symptoms, last time I had cramps too which doesn't usually happen, and I feel inflammation in my body after a big meal. All I know is it has something to do with the hormones lowering immunity. I am going to bring it up to my gyn. at my appt. in Feb, (I don't hold out much hope, she'll prob just say go back on the Pill, which I will not do) but in the meantime I'll just keep hoping JUDDD brings correction to this as well, and also take extra antioxidants with my meals during that time, as I found it seemed to help.

Otherwise, everything is great. I should add that I do a type of 24 hour JUDDD called MUDDD, and there is a post here about that from Pirate Jenny. Basically, I divide my FD/DD into 24 hours. This has made DD so easy, and it much easier to work this kind of schedule into my life. It is quite flexible. I divide my days around 5 - 7 p.m. For example, today I will start the DD eating somewhere during that time, and then switch back over to FD eating tomorrow evening. I won't be hungry at all tonight because I'll have a FD meal in me this evening, and then I almost never need breakfast anyway, so tomorrow I'll sip hot drinks until afternoon, then probably have a full 500 calorie late lunch and then I'll be good until the FD eating starts several hours later. So that works out real well for me, and I can still feel the benefits of the fasting period.

That brings me to the DD part of my days, the fasting or near-fasting period. I like how I feel then. After a minimum 12 hours, but especially by 15 - 18 hours I am full-on into the delight of it. Other than the hunger I'm feeling by then, lol, but I know that means my body is under survival stress - GOOD stress, and has kicked into gear - working to repair cells and increase health and hopefully extend life. I have mentioned before how good I feel during this time. My sinuses clear up. I never have to take allergy meds on DD. My head feels clearer, I get a good body feeling, a sense of calm, pleasant and alert. Skin looks glowy.

So I think that's all I have to update. Oh, one more big thing, how could I forget, lol. I don't know if this has to do with JUDDD, but since incorporating FD into my schedule along with the MUDDD schedule (or maybe it's just that I am further into JUDDD's CR - Calorie Restriction - itself), I find that I am much calmer and things bother me less. This is ALL the time, not just on DD. I have a lot more patience and little things that used to get on my nerves do not anymore. It's like I had an attitude adjustment that was a long time in the coming. I felt it especially last Friday, as if it all sunk in. There was no particular event that changed me, just my thought patterns were changing and I felt something different deep to my core. I assume this has something to do with the way CR can affect one's brain chemistry for the better. I just know as happy as I was before with life, now I'm happier all the way through, much less anxiety, more love and hope and affection, and I don't ever want to go back to the way I was before!!

Maybe this is like So Happy's experience ?

<<<<---- more tears of joy and gratitude for all I have, my family, friends, everything!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 12-07-2011 at 08:03 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
All I can say is wow.

I can't wait until I get there.

congrats
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
That is fantastic!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It really helps those, like me, that have not been at this quite as long.

I, too, am finding that I am a calmer, happier person since starting this WOE. I have crazy energy on DD, and feel really good all the time.

I am so happy for you! Congrats on reaching maintenace! Hope to join you real soon!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
ya, congrats!!!!

I want to experiment with MUDDD'ing..sounds like the best of both worlds.
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I should add that I do a type of 24 hour JUDDD called MUDDD, and there is a post here about that from Pirate Jenny. Basically, I divide my FD/DD into 24 hours. This has made DD so easy, and it much easier to work this kind of schedule into my life. It is quite flexible. I divide my days around 5 - 7 p.m. For example, today I will start the DD eating somewhere during that time, and then switch back over to FD eating tomorrow evening. I won't be hungry at all tonight because I'll have a FD meal in me this evening, and then I almost never need breakfast anyway, so tomorrow I'll sip hot drinks until afternoon, then probably have a full 500 calorie late lunch and then I'll be good until the FD eating starts several hours later. So that works out real well for me, and I can still feel the benefits of the fasting period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
ya, congrats!!!!

I want to experiment with MUDDD'ing..sounds like the best of both worlds.
Sophie or PJ, perhaps we could have a thread on Muddd'ing with all the info on how it works. That way peeps could ask questions and we could keep it all centralized there.

BTW - Congrats on your accomplishments!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks everyone! I know you all will be joining me here in maintenance, glad my post gives you more encouragement to carry on

Kel, here is that link to the 24 hr. JUDDD below. Just a disclaimer to people new to this woe, it's often recommended here that you do regular JUDDD for at least 2 weeks before you do tweaking or changing things around. I did regular JUDDD for 2 weeks and then switched to MUDDD, then went back to JUDDD for a while. I really got to know how how my body thrives best according to the different fasting periods, and now I am back to MUDDD. I tend to do a mash-up of fasting styles as needed according to my schedule, and this works out well. Makes it truly a flexible lifetime woe for me.

24hrUD/24hrDD experiment
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Congratulations, Sophie, you have done a great job on your journey. I know you will inspire others, too.

I just wanted to point something out, if I may and I don't mean to thread jump, sorry Sophie.

As Sophie has pointed out, she is in maintenance and doing MUDDD, as it's called, is something she did AFTER she got to maintenance. I know PJenny does MUDDD and she is not in maintenance BUT she only decided to give her MUDDD WOE a go AFTER she did JUDDD for a bit. MUDDD is not JUDDD, but a variation that PJenny and others are finding works well for them and that is a good thing. We all need to find what works for us.

The point I would like to make is if you are deciding to do JUDDD, then please do JUDDD for at least 2 weeks, actually 3 or 4 may be better, to give JUDDD a chance to kick you metabolism in again and start to work.

I am NOT saying that MUDDD is not a good WOE, I'm just saying give JUDDD a chance to work BEFORE you go to this or some other variation of our JUDDD WOE. You will be happy you did.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 12-07-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Congratulations, Sophie, you have done a great job on your journey. I know you will inspire others, too.

I just wanted to point something out, if I may and I don't mean to thread jump, sorry Sophie.

As Sophie has pointed out, she is in maintenance and doing MUDDD, as it's called, is something she did AFTER she got to maintenance. I know PJenny does MUDDD and she is not in maintenance BUT she only decided to give her MUDDD WOE a go AFTER she did JUDDD for a bit. MUDDD is not JUDDD, but a variation that PJenny and others are finding works well for them and that is a good thing. We all need to find what works for us.

The point I would like to make is if you are deciding to do JUDDD, then please do JUDDD for at least 2 weeks, actually 3 or 4 may be better, to give JUDDD a chance to kick you metabolism in again and start to work.

I am NOT saying that MUDDD is not a good WOE, I'm just saying give JUDDD a chance to work BEFORE you go to this or some other variation of our JUDDD WOE. You will be happy you did.
^^^^^Excellent advice!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I also wanted to add that I was able to stop taking my otc allergy pills on DD. And then I realized I'm no longer taking them on FD either!

That's not to say I don't have times where allergies aren't affecting me. Sometimes I'll have symptoms, like when I'm cleaning and there's dust for example, but it's greatly reduced in frequency, and I no longer seem to need allergy pills on a day to day basis.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Sophie, I also noticed the lack of allergy and general sinus congestion issues since doing JUDDD. I didn't realize it until I just looked at my barely used kleenex box in over a month, and normally I'd have gone through at least 2 during this amount of time!

I'm finding things I love about this WOE all the time! I'm so glad you're doing so well on maintenance. Seeing how well you're doing is very reassuring and gives me motivation and hope that I'll be there someday soon!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote