Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Stuck in a plateau...help!

So I have been on JUDDD since November 11 and initially lost 4 lbs. in one week. Since then, Thanksgiving has come and gone, and while I haven't gained, I seem to be maintaining. Up 1.5 lbs. the day after my UD, then down 1.2 to 1.5 lb. after my DD. the problem is I feel like I am just maintaining, even though I am sticking to the 30 percent plan...I am not going down.
Also, Beeb suggested I tell you that I have been sick with a cold for a week and mainlining megadoses of Vit. C.
Any thoughts???
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
how about dropping down to 25% for awhile and see. I do 25%. I have been at the same for about a week. i will give it another week then drop to 20%.

other then that I don't know.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
I just checked I have been doing more of 20%.

I will just keep on keepen on.
Good luck
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I just checked I have been doing more of 20%.

I will just keep on keepen on.
Good luck
Thanks, Dasiey. I will just keep on keepin' on....patience is a good thing. I just got spoiled with the initial 4 lbs!!
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
Thanks, Dasiey. I will just keep on keepin' on....patience is a good thing. I just got spoiled with the initial 4 lbs!!
So easy to do. I lost 9 pounds very fast. But B4 that I hadn't lost in over a year. So I will be patient.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I believe it's your body just holding onto water weight because you have been sick and it's trying to heal itself, not burn fat at this point. I know your numbers and I think you are where you are suppose to be.

Give it another week AFTER you are feeling totally better and see what happens.

Patience is your best friend right now so ask him/her to stick around and give a hand! Hang in there, Cho!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,019
Gallery: Dottie
I am bouncing the same 3-4lbs but I know it's my own fault for bad food choices (sodium, sweets, etc). I'll be forgiving of this "maintaining" until after the holidays lol
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I am bouncing the same 3-4lbs but I know it's my own fault for bad food choices (sodium, sweets, etc). I'll be forgiving of this "maintaining" until after the holidays lol
When you say bad food choices, specifically what do you mean? Should I be avoiding certain types of foods in general, Dottie?
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I believe it's your body just holding onto water weight because you have been sick and it's trying to heal itself, not burn fat at this point. I know your numbers and I think you are where you are suppose to be.

Give it another week AFTER you are feeling totally better and see what happens.

Patience is your best friend right now so ask him/her to stick around and give a hand! Hang in there, Cho!!
I am hanging, Omaneem. If I keep on it, it has to come off.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,019
Gallery: Dottie
It's so highly individual, it's hard to say.
I know I can't just go all out with wheat, it causes me bloating, water retention and just a general "blah" feeling. I can use the low-carb products like the joseph's pita's and the LaTortialls, but whole wheat bread and things are something I found I need to avoid - at least until maintenance.
Corn products (tortillas, popcorn cakes, etc) don't seem to be a problem.
Canned/packaged broths and sauces with a lot of sodium do cause me to retain water like the hoover dam! So I have to watch how much of that I eat.
__________________
https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx <--FDA tracking tools
http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ <--FDA nutritional counts

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Chona, the EXACT same thing happened to me. Down 4 lbs. the first week, then maintained for the next three. Beeb and Pat told me to start keeping track of my UD cals, to make sure I didn't go over my 1700. When I started doing that, the weight started to go down again. More slowly--but down.
So you might try that if you haven't already. I was eating WAYYYYY more than my allotted UD cals, but I didn't know it.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It's so highly individual, it's hard to say.
I know I can't just go all out with wheat, it causes me bloating, water retention and just a general "blah" feeling. I can use the low-carb products like the joseph's pita's and the LaTortialls, but whole wheat bread and things are something I found I need to avoid - at least until maintenance.
Corn products (tortillas, popcorn cakes, etc) don't seem to be a problem.
Canned/packaged broths and sauces with a lot of sodium do cause me to retain water like the hoover dam! So I have to watch how much of that I eat.
I can't eat wheat because I am g.f. So that's never a part of my diet. But I have been eating more fatty stuff on my UD, which I always used to avoid--like cheese, dairy and salad dressings. Maybe there's sodium in those. Thanks, Dottie.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Chona, the EXACT same thing happened to me. Down 4 lbs. the first week, then maintained for the next three. Beeb and Pat told me to start keeping track of my UD cals, to make sure I didn't go over my 1700. When I started doing that, the weight started to go down again. More slowly--but down.
So you might try that if you haven't already. I was eating WAYYYYY more than my allotted UD cals, but I didn't know it.
I have been religious about my UD tracking, but as you know, my DD have been tricky because I should only be eating 297 calories acc'd to the 20% JUDDD rule. And that's just too little. I upped it to 500, but the last two DDs I have gone as high as 650, which might be screwing up my weight loss. I just have to determine to be strict with my DDs, I guess. Thanks, Beeb.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,019
Gallery: Dottie
Chona gluten is pretty prevalent in so many foods, I feel for you trying to avoid it all.
Soy sauce and other sauces. I hate the way they hide it, and msg, as "natural flavoring" on some labels.
Luckily for us, the USDA has cracked down on the hidden ingredient labels in recent years and, at least gluten, is more clearly labeled.
Maybe one of these days it will be labeled like peanut warnings even stating that they're processed on the same machinery as the gluten products.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
I have been religious about my UD tracking, but as you know, my DD have been tricky because I should only be eating 297 calories acc'd to the 20% JUDDD rule. And that's just too little. I upped it to 500, but the last two DDs I have gone as high as 650, which might be screwing up my weight loss. I just have to determine to be strict with my DDs, I guess. Thanks, Beeb.
I think I may have to do the same, if I can--go lower than 500 on my DDs, because I have been going back and forth w/the same lb. for a week.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Chona gluten is pretty prevalent in so many foods, I feel for you trying to avoid it all.
Soy sauce and other sauces. I hate the way they hide it, and msg, as "natural flavoring" on some labels.
Luckily for us, the USDA has cracked down on the hidden ingredient labels in recent years and, at least gluten, is more clearly labeled.
Maybe one of these days it will be labeled like peanut warnings even stating that they're processed on the same machinery as the gluten products.
Thanks, Dottie. I had an "episode" two weeks ago because it was hidden in some ground turkey meat I used for chili. I am pretty adept at hunting it out. I just don't eat anything with unidentified fillers (such as fat free sour cream) and emulsifiers. But then again, I don't eat hardly any processed foods, either. Helps that I stay organic, too, though that's no guarantee.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
I think I may have to do the same, if I can--go lower than 500 on my DDs, because I have been going back and forth w/the same lb. for a week.
Yeah, me too. It's all about planning with me and getting my head into the game. Days like yesterday are tough. My DD but I had to fight to keep from going over all day. Seems like the 10 calorie jello and a big salad with dressing I am really just so-so about leave me feeling unfulfilled. If I saw a loss the next day, it might be different.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
Yeah, me too. It's all about planning with me and getting my head into the game. Days like yesterday are tough. My DD but I had to fight to keep from going over all day. Seems like the 10 calorie jello and a big salad with dressing I am really just so-so about leave me feeling unfulfilled. If I saw a loss the next day, it might be different.
I know for me if I eat anything that has a "sweet" taste I'm done for in the hunger department all day. Even sugar subs do this to me so I tend to avoid them until after dinner. If I want a piece of fruit or a diet soda I eat/drink it a little before bed so it won't trigger my eating. Protein without a carb does the same thing so I always eat a protein with a carb; peanut butter on bread/crackers, egg beater/egg on toast, salad with a few croutons throw in, etc. Maybe up your protein some, since I know that works for you better than the carbs do? And stay at 500 and see what happens?
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I know for me if I eat anything that has a "sweet" taste I'm done for in the hunger department all day. Even sugar subs do this to me so I tend to avoid them until after dinner. If I want a piece of fruit or a diet soda I eat/drink it a little before bed so it won't trigger my eating. Protein without a carb does the same thing so I always eat a protein with a carb; peanut butter on bread/crackers, egg beater/egg on toast, salad with a few croutons throw in, etc. Maybe up your protein some, since I know that works for you better than the carbs do? And stay at 500 and see what happens?
So right, Linda. Protein does work. I bought some deli sliced chicken for lettuce wraps for lunch, which always work to stave off hunger. Luckily, I will be running all afternoon with errands, so that will help, too. Thanks!
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 AM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,930
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope you get on top of this Chona. It is worth the struggle.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hope you get on top of this Chona. It is worth the struggle.
Not letting it discourage me, Kissa! Just keep doing it until I drop the pounds.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Chona is that you in the avatar. You sure don't look over weight to me.
Whats your stats if you don't mind?
When you only have a little to lose it can be hard.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Chona is that you in the avatar. You sure don't look over weight to me.
Whats your stats if you don't mind?
When you only have a little to lose it can be hard.
Yes, that's me. It's my website photo. You have to remember, I'm short and narrow hipped, so I gain it all in my middle, which you can't see in the photo. I have had weight issues (20 lbs or more over goal) since college and pregnancy. I lost most of it with WW (30 lbs.), but with menopause nipping at my heels, I am hyper vigilant of not letting things get out of control. (My mother--rest her soul--and my older sister both gained weight in the middle during the change.)
I hope it doesn't sound like I am whining, I am not. Weight it is subjective, and this is my personal goal and where I feel most comfortable.

Stats:

Height: 5' 1"
Starting Weight JUDDD: 124.2 lbs.
Weight after DD: 120.2
Today's (12/7) weight after UD: 121.8
My goal: 114 lbs.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
Yes, that's me. It's my website photo. You have to remember, I'm short and narrow hipped, so I gain it all in my middle, which you can't see in the photo. I have had weight issues (20 lbs or more over goal) since college and pregnancy. I lost most of it with WW (30 lbs.), but with menopause nipping at my heels, I am hyper vigilant of not letting things get out of control. (My mother--rest her soul--and my older sister both gained weight in the middle during the change.)
I hope it doesn't sound like I am whining, I am not. Weight it is subjective, and this is my personal goal and where I feel most comfortable.

Stats:

Height: 5' 1"
Starting Weight JUDDD: 124.2 lbs.
Weight after DD: 120.2
Today's (12/7) weight after UD: 121.8
My goal: 114 lbs.
well your just a little bitty thing.

I to have to be very careful. I come from a line of very big
women. And I had gotten as high as 218 and Had to put
a stop to it. So I know i have to do this for life.

Thanks for feeling me in.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
well your just a little bitty thing.

I to have to be very careful. I come from a line of very big
women. And I had gotten as high as 218 and Had to put
a stop to it. So I know i have to do this for life.

Thanks for feeling me in.
Itty bitty. I like that.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Chona, I would also suggest up the protein on DD. That's what I had to do too because certain foods were not filling me up or keeping me full very long, like yogurt, salad & other raw veggies, soups, etc.

I did some experimenting on what worked for me, and decided to have at least 15 grams of protein at each meal on DD. I like Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bars, although I don't know if they have gluten. Shrimp cocktail. Certain frozen dinners, like Great Value Salisbury Steak & Mac & Cheese, eggs, chicken, tuna, etc. in a salad or a sandwich.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Chona, I would also suggest up the protein on DD. That's what I had to do too because certain foods were not filling me up or keeping me full very long, like yogurt, salad & other raw veggies, soups, etc.

I did some experimenting on what worked for me, and decided to have at least 15 grams of protein at each meal on DD. I like Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bars, although I don't know if they have gluten. Shrimp cocktail. Certain frozen dinners, like Great Value Salisbury Steak & Mac & Cheese, eggs, chicken, tuna, etc. in a salad or a sandwich.
OMG. Excellent ideas. I was just figuring out today's DD menus, and was leaning towards veggies (cabbage, mostly) but kept thinking how hungry I would be by the time evening rolled around. Heading to the market today, so I will be mindful of proteins. Thanks, sophiethecat.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
BTW. Just found this link, Five appetite control foods that suppress cravings without adding calories, about five appetite suppressant foods. I think ya'll know about these already, but it was helpful to me. Not sure about his suggestion not to count leafy greens in his calorie count for the day, though. I count everything.

Also, my blog today discusses five phrases you want to beware of on packaged foods.
Check it out!
GoErie.com Blogs: Gut Check: Making simple sense out of life
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
And if you like seafood, besides shrimp and tuna, Walmart has these bags of salmon steaks that are individually wrapped, and I believe they are 200 calories each. Would be great with veggies on the side.

I also like to make up a little plate of finger foods for a meal on DD like a few olives, deli ham or turkey, giardinara (sp?) which is a spicy, crunchy, pickled veggies, a little cheese... I nibble on all this stuff and it's savory and good to me.

Also, if you want to use egg substitutes, you can make a great filling omelet from egg beaters (or use real eggs if you have room for the calories or would just rather use real), with mushrooms, onion, green pepper... you could add in some Steak-Ums (found in frozen section) or use bits of real bacon or sausage. A meal like that would keep me full for hours.

A lot of these high protein filling things are variations on what I'd eat for Low Carb. It took a while, but I eventually came around to seeing that for me, I need the protein foods like that rather than soups, yogurt, pudding, (liquidy stuff), toast, etc. to keep me full.

Although I do like Imagine brand No Chicken broth to sip on because it's so tasty and does help prolong my time between meals on DD.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
And if you like seafood, besides shrimp and tuna, Walmart has these bags of salmon steaks that are individually wrapped, and I believe they are 200 calories each. Would be great with veggies on the side.

I also like to make up a little plate of finger foods for a meal on DD like a few olives, deli ham or turkey, giardinara (sp?) which is a spicy, crunchy, pickled veggies, a little cheese... I nibble on all this stuff and it's savory and good to me.

Also, if you want to use egg substitutes, you can make a great filling omelet from egg beaters (or use real eggs if you have room for the calories or would just rather use real), with mushrooms, onion, green pepper... you could add in some Steak-Ums (found in frozen section) or use bits of real bacon or sausage. A meal like that would keep me full for hours.

I'm hearing you. I really like the omelet idea...I have egg beaters in the fridge, and I think loaded with some veggies it would be a perfect filler. And I enjoy eggs. I like the nibbles plate, too. I have to get some of the giardinara (sp?) Love that stuff...thanks so much. These are great suggestions.

A lot of these high protein filling things are variations on what I'd eat for Low Carb. It took a while, but I eventually came around to seeing that for me, I need the protein foods like that rather than soups, yogurt, pudding, (liquidy stuff), toast, etc. to keep me full.

Although I do like Imagine brand No Chicken broth to sip on because it's so tasty and does help prolong my time between meals on DD.

Thanks! These are great suggestions. Esp. the nibbles platter and the omelette. Have all that in the fridge! You are the best.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.