Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
It took me a few hours to think of the connection,
but I was sick a few weeks ago and my weight loss has been stalled/slowed ever since.
I had a headache/fever/cough for a few days, with the cough and fatigue lingering for about 2 weeks. I felt better before Thanksgiving, and didn't really overeat or cook much for the holiday.

I dropped 3lbs right before getting sick (from 285 to 282), got down to 278-277 during the worst part of the illness, and although I have seen 275-274 a couple times, I have been mostly stuck around 276-278 for five weeks.

Of course, there are a dozen or more differences between us (our ages & weights, you're GF and I'm diabetic, etc), so maybe it's some other factor. I've also started to get discouraged and perhaps have been less mindful of what/how much I am eating.

But it's something we could "poll": has anyone else had a stall while being sick & JUDDDing?
New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/14 276.8
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #32
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Jenny yes, the 2nd or 3rd week, I was taking antihistamine/decongestant combos and advil and I always gain weight on those.

Cho the sodium thing. My favorite fish sauce, Red Boat, just anchovies and salt. Perfectly natural. I was adding 1-2-3T to stuff and I was retaining water really badly. It has over 1400mg sodium per tablespoon! Yikes.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Jenny yes, the 2nd or 3rd week, I was taking antihistamine/decongestant combos and advil and I always gain weight on those.

Cho the sodium thing. My favorite fish sauce, Red Boat, just anchovies and salt. Perfectly natural. I was adding 1-2-3T to stuff and I was retaining water really badly. It has over 1400mg sodium per tablespoon! Yikes.
I have to look into sodium thing. Not used to tracking that! And yes, the sickness issue....Beeb seems to think it can forestall weight loss. Thanks, ladies.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote