Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Another thing to realize is just because a down day menu is supposed to be low in calories, it does NOT required that it be low in fat. Of course you get more volume of food from low fat choices but you also get more carbohydrates which are transitory at best for feeling full.

I see Up Days as a sort of Bank for Down Down Days So that you are able to Fast longer into the day and still be able to have some foods at a reasonable ratio of carb fat and protein.

Granted my Down Days seem to be equally all three or more carbs by calories, but it is not super low fat, and that helps to make the Down Days meals at least satisfying even if they are small in volume. In fact I think the Ritz Crackerfuls i mentioned before have more fat in them than the Ham slice I eat along with it. I might have whole milk kefir, which has fat, and made into a fruity smoothy with a few strawberries is fillling because ofthe fat, the bit of sugar and the frothy air I whipped into it. I at least feel full after 1 cup (burp! )

Skinjob, I dont' know if you meant starving as in literally not eating enough, or figuratively as in the feeling of deprivation, but there is no reason to do or feel either IMO. If your DD is indeed Low Fat, you can physically fill up on lots of delicious low fat low cal recipes that will fill you stomach three times with leftovers, if our DD menu is Not low fat, then it just takes some creativity to find the meals that are lower in fat than typical LC meals that allow you to have both fat and volume. Lean Beef Taco salad has both some fat and veggie volume, and a Bag of Fresh express lettuce would last you all day along with some salsa, Kraft Fat Free Chedder Shreds, and if you dare, some Fat free sour cream on top. Then the next day you could have regular beef on your taco salad with real black olives, and real sour cream, and avocado to boost the fat.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:
In fact I think the Ritz Crackerfuls i mentioned before have more fat in them than the Ham slice I eat along with it.
I bought some of these last night and they were so good! Thanks for the suggestion.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #63

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
AREN'T THEY YUMMY!! I gotta go get some more. It's been AGES since I've bought "crackers" but these are worth it cause they are so good.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
My DDs are somewhere between 500 and 700. I guess after eating up to 3000 cals a day on Atkins, getting used to 500 has been really hard! And yes I do love spicy things! Put hot sauce in my broth a lot!
Skinjob for some reason, for me, light soups hold me over VERY well. I have either Campbell's Soup at Hand (they have a couple for 70-80 cals) or Progresso Light Soups (1/2 can are about 100 cals). It doesn't feel like I'm eating (or drinking) much at the time, but I have no hunger pangs for HOURS. Also, try to save something (ANYTHING) for right before bed, when your stomach is hurting the most. I have to admit, the hunger pangs just started to go away this week, and it's been 8 weeks for me.
Also, do you like coffee? I get two shots of espresso from Starbucks (because of the large amount of caffeine) and add warmed almond milk at home (so it's only 40 cals). The caffeine stops my hunger for a few hours. Regular coffee I make at home doesn't do it--not enough caffeine
Hang in there!!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
I bought some of these last night and they were so good! Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
AREN'T THEY YUMMY!! I gotta go get some more. It's been AGES since I've bought "crackers" but these are worth it cause they are so good.
Odda my goodness! I haven't bought crackers on a regular basis for years, and it is so refreshing to find one that is wonderful.

Thanks Metqa for the suggestion.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #66
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I've been JUDDDing for 4 weeks and I have to be honest, I dread my DDs. I starve through them. My DH hates this woe because he hates watching me starve myself and be miserable and deprived on the DDs, but overall ir's working and the UDs make up for those awful DDs. So does being able to eat carbs again. As they say, everyone is different, so I haven't grown to like the DDs like others on this board but I suffer through them for the weight loss because I know that when I hit goal I can bring up my DD cals to maintain and it won't be so bad at all.

Just my very honest two cents. If I can do it, anyone can!
I can almost guantee that by week 7 you won't be saying this anymore! And I am also going to suggest you find low cal foods that will be give more bang for your calorie buck. LOTS of veggies, broth, soup, and some protein, oatmeal, low cal breads, these are some of the things I eat and I tell you I eat well on my DDs, never really hungry at all!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm a lo fat eater on DDs..

I stuff myself with veggies all day and I'm good!
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I can almost guantee that by week 7 you won't be saying this anymore! And I am also going to suggest you find low cal foods that will be give more bang for your calorie buck. LOTS of veggies, broth, soup, and some protein, oatmeal, low cal breads, these are some of the things I eat and I tell you I eat well on my DDs, never really hungry at all!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
That's pretty much what I'm eating ?- minus the oatmeal. I'll add it, but the rest are my staPles. By dinner I am ravenous. It's a constant struggle.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #70

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Keep going Skinjob, I am sure you will find it gets easier with time. And it is so worth it, yes?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #71
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
That's pretty much what I'm eating ?- minus the oatmeal. I'll add it, but the rest are my staPles. By dinner I am ravenous. It's a constant struggle.
OK, then I will suggest one more thing: Eat more grain carbs. I find I need to have these to keep full. A breakfast of 1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal. cooked with 2/3 cup water, a little bit of coconut or low cal milk, some brown sugar sub and cinnamon and I'm good for hours, yet if I eat a veggie egg beater omelet I'm starving all day.

Veggie carbs alone something don't work for some of us. Experiment, bring new foods in, find what works for you.

Last edited by Beeb; 12-11-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the great advice ladies. I have been especially struggling the last few evenings with hunger. Today I had a surprise lunch out of the office at a burrito place. Bad place to be when you are on a DD!! So I had half of a small burrito (which was sill huge) so am assuming I used up ALL my cals for the day with the darn thing. It's gonna be a rough night!! It's hard when people surprise you with a lunch. I don't like telling people I'm "dieting" so I just go along with it.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Keep going Skinjob, I am sure you will find it gets easier with time. And it is so worth it, yes?
Yes! It's slow going but it's worth it.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:
I used up ALL my cals for the day with the darn thing.

Could you make today a mid-day?
Or make a big stir-fry of the mostly-water veggies tonight?

I don't like telling people I'm dieting either.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Zenngrl
Stats: Tight 18/----/Comfy 12 is my goal! - 5'6
WOE: ESE
Start Date: 1/11/11
I was thinking about starting JUDD after my third round of hcg, but after reading I think I might just jump into JUDD starting 1/11/11 ( I have a thing for numbers lol). I won't have an issue with staying below 500 calories on the DD, I did it for 23 days on hcg, easy peasy. I also am looking forward to the peaceful feeling that comes with a lower calorie day, at the end of HCG I truly felt so good eating less. I didn't obsess about food at all, hoping that JUDD does the same!!

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~ Thomas Alva Edison
Zenngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
oooh, Zenngrl, you have a time machine?
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote