Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Monday, what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/748015-its-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 12-05-2011 05:48 AM

It's Monday, what are you eating today?

UD for me :)

B: 2 eggs scrambled w/salsa and cheese in a low-carb pita; coffee w/almond milk and coconut oil
D: hot wings
S: salmon patties w/apple salsa* and coleslaw
Snack: maybe a protein shake made with half and half or cream for the calories

*Apple salsa
1 gala apple, chopped
1 jalapeno
1 clove garlic
4 green onions
couple tablespoons cilantro
1/2 a packet sweetener
2T lime juice
pinch of: cumin, salt and pepper

Pop everything into a food processor and pulse until it's chopped how you like it. Refrigerate a few hours for the flavors to develop.

dasiey 12-05-2011 06:04 AM

ud for me

I had a egg white sandwich on toast with a wedge of cheese so good.
very yummy.

As far as the rest of the day. I don't know.
Oh I also had my coco coffee with almond milk.
so far 287c

handbells 12-05-2011 06:06 AM

DD for me.

Making spaghetti for the family tonight and plan on having a little sauce on some "noodles" and a small salad.

Dottie 12-05-2011 07:11 AM

ended up with an LaTortilla instead of the pita for my breakfast wrap. 20 more calories and more fiber, too :)

kel7298 12-05-2011 07:27 AM

DD for me.

It's cold and raining here in Texas :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: so I will most likely eat soup when I get hungry. So far just coffee and DanActive

Tyl 12-05-2011 08:36 AM

dd for me.

i'm meeting a friend for lunch at 2... restaurant doesn't have nutrition facts listed so i'm going to make the best choice i can and only eat half of it.

piratejenny 12-05-2011 08:54 AM

Up/Up/Down Day for me

My Up Day from last night until 3pm today:
At 7:30pm I had a "hamburger salad"...I make a salad of all the fixin's (lettuce, tomato, onion, bleu cheese crumbles, 2 slices of bacon) and then cut up a hamburger into it.

This morning I made refried beans with the bacon fat from last night, and warmed up a chicken tamal w/some enchilada sauce. Also had 1 sausage patty. More of a brunch than a breakfast, but it's what I really wanted :) + coffee & cream.

Yesterday I promised my son I'd make some "real" mac & cheese...you know, the kind with 3 pounds of cheese, a pound of butter, 2 cups of noodles...:laugh:...that you bake with breadcrumbs on top? So I'll probably have a little bit of that with some ham or something before starting my DD.

vilanteira 12-05-2011 09:03 AM

UD today.

B: 2 eggs over easy, pumpkin muffin
L: smoked salmon with red onions and neufchatel, 2 strips bacon
D: crack slaw (still making my way through the huge batch I made)
S: Blue Diamond butter toffee almonds

Things might change a bit but this is basically what I have in mind today. :)

betty301 12-05-2011 09:41 AM

24oz steamed cabbage(ya, that's not a typo, LOL!) 170
1/2 cup red beans- 120

lots of green tea!

Asparagus is in my future- 62

As well as cucumber- 30

1/2 cup cottage cheese later- 90

472 :)

MintQ8 12-05-2011 02:26 PM

UD

B: 3 x Char Sui Bao
S: Skinny Flat White & 1/6th of a gluten free chocolate brownie bar
L: Tuna Melt Pannini
S: Skinny Flat White
S: 2 smallish glasses of red wine & 1/4 a bag of crisps (large bag!! - for the UK anyway)
D: Steak, Crinkle Cut Oven Chips, Peas & Green Beans

Not near my level - but not sure about my exact counts - counts coming in at about 1800 - maintenance cals are supposed to be 2272, so thinking I ought to eat more - but it's 10.24pm!!! My last few UDs have been quite high - so not too worried - what's everyone's opinion??

Kissa 12-05-2011 02:40 PM

My UD:

S: SoyaFlat White & 1/6th of a gluten free chocolate brownie bar
L: Tuna/cheese toastie
S: 4 glasses of red wine & 1/3a bag of crisps (large bag!! - for the UK anyway)

If that looks similar to MintQ8's menu it is because we spent the day together, as usual.

I think between 16/1700 cals.

Dottie 12-05-2011 02:43 PM

Vicky I love Char Sui Bao. One of the national stores, Safeway, has an excellent frozen one at 250 cals each, they're really good:)

pjsam1156 12-05-2011 02:56 PM

DD for me--
B: coffee w/almond milk
L: campbell's soup at hand
S: salad w/cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper and low cal dressing
S: two dried apricots
D: ?? I have about 237 left; prob will have a lean cuisine

MintQ8 12-05-2011 02:57 PM

Dottie - I grew up in Hong Kong - so love, love, love them too!!

Luckily, these were fresh from a local asian supermarket - 6 = 720 cals, so 3 - 360 only!! 1 left - but I will studiously ignore it tomorrow!!!! - although we'll see if I have 120 cals at the end of the day.

Mommie22boys 12-05-2011 03:47 PM

DD today...

B: coffee w/ SF creamer (49)
L: vegetarian veggie broth (15)
S: Keurig dark hot chocolate (60)
D: veggie beef soup (100)

I also ate a big bite of a scone...I'm guessing about 35 calories. Will have more for dinner, but not sure what.:confused:

Beeb 12-05-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15226991)
UD

B: 3 x Char Sui Bao
S: Skinny Flat White & 1/6th of a gluten free chocolate brownie bar
L: Tuna Melt Pannini
S: 2 smallish glasses of red wine & 1/4 a bag of crisps (large bag!! - for the UK anyway)

Not near my level - but not sure about my exact counts - counts coming in at about 1800 - maintenance cals are supposed to be 2272, so thinking I ought to eat more - but it's 10.24pm!!! My last few UDs have been quite high - so not too worried - what's everyone's opinion??

I think you should be ok with those cals for today, I wouldn't worry about it.

But I gotta ask you this: WHAT is Skinny Flat White? :confused::dunno:

Beeb 12-05-2011 04:23 PM

DD!

No Breakfast, not hungry
L.....Bacon and egg beaters on 2 slices Lcal bread
D....Homemade Korean Spicy Rice Cake soup (this was :stars::yummy: and I'll post the recipe soon)!
S....3 SF gerkins, cup of lcal hot chocolate, tea and coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 throughout the day.

So far 419 cals, but I'm planning on eating another nice snack later to bring my cals up closer to the 750 I am allotted for my DDs. ;)

piratejenny 12-05-2011 04:24 PM

"Skinny Flat White"
--sounds like a way to describe a slender but not-very-well-endowed girl! :laugh:

itsmeshelly01 12-05-2011 04:32 PM

DD for me

Low cal pumpkin muffin
protein shake
v8 small gala Apple
Almonds
homemade veggie soup

I will be at about 650 today

dasiey 12-05-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15227370)
"Skinny Flat White"
--sounds like a way to describe a slender but not-very-well-endowed girl! :laugh:

lol I thought it was something you get from sub way

Beeb 12-05-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15227370)
"Skinny Flat White"

THIS IS ME!!! ^^^^^ I lost what little I had when I lost these 30+ pounds! :down::cry::doh::mad:

Low Carb Librarian 12-05-2011 04:53 PM

DD

Coffee with cream
28 wasabi and soy almonds
Healthy choice soup
100 cal bag of popchips
Some Gluc pudding

kel7298 12-05-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15225706)
DD for me.

It's cold and raining here in Texas :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: so I will most likely eat soup when I get hungry. So far just coffee and DanActive

So the day didn't go quite as planned. I have a cold and I guess the cold meds suppressed my appetite even more than I thought, well at least initially.

After coffee/Danactive, lunch was 2 Clementine and 2 slices deli ham. Dinner was a shrimp stir fry that turned out to be awesome. Will definitely buy it again.

Total calories - 524

MintQ8 12-06-2011 01:37 AM

A Skinny Flat White - is a type of coffee - it's a little like a cappuccino - from wikipedia

Cappuccino comprises equal parts of espresso coffee and milk and froth[citation needed], sometimes sprinkled with cinnamon or powdered cocoa.
Flat white is one part espresso with two parts steamed milk, but no foam, usually served in a cappuccino cup. This is a specialty of Australia and New Zealand.

I'm not sure if that's true exactly - becuase here we have a double espresso shot in them!!

Beeb 12-06-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15228182)
A Skinny Flat White - is a type of coffee - it's a little like a cappuccino - from wikipedia

Cappuccino comprises equal parts of espresso coffee and milk and froth[citation needed], sometimes sprinkled with cinnamon or powdered cocoa.
Flat white is one part espresso with two parts steamed milk, but no foam, usually served in a cappuccino cup. This is a specialty of Australia and New Zealand.

I'm not sure if that's true exactly - becuase here we have a double espresso shot in them!!

Thank you for the info!! :hugs: