Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Thinking of trying JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747908-thinking-trying-juddd.html)

Alcestis 12-04-2011 08:44 AM

Thinking of trying JUDDD

Hi all,

I just got back into LCing last month and feel great. I'm drawn to JUDDD because the natural appetite suppressant qualities of LCing seem to have kicked in and some days all I want is one meal. I adore eggs and can easily see myself just eating eggs / Greek yoghurt / veggies on a DD.

My question is: can it really be THAT simple? :eek:

dasiey 12-04-2011 08:47 AM

well just speaking for myself. yes. DDs 500c or less. uds 1600 or less.

pjsam1156 12-04-2011 09:02 AM

same here-- 500 on DDs and 1700 on UDs works fine. Just make sure you keep track of your cals.:D

mainemom 12-04-2011 10:54 AM

Yes. It's simpler than I would have thought. It's actually kind of nice on the DDs to feel sort of empty and cleaned out. I was strictly LC before JUDDD, and am now enjoying incorporating SOME carbier items that I missed - like oatmeal, cottage cheese, tomatoes, carrots and beans, even an occasional muffin or danish. I wld have felt so guilty eating these on my strictly LC days. And it gets simpler the longer you do it because you start acquiring DD staple foods and meals that are your "go to" DD foods. Just watch the Up days. They can do you in if you're not careful. When I first started, my up days were sort of free for alls and I thought, well this JUDDD thing just isn't working - I haven't lost anything. Well, duh, once I actually started tracking my calories, like you're supposed to, and I took responsibility for how much and what I was eating on UDs, the pounds started to come off. I'm just 3 weeks in, but enjoying it more than I thought I would.

julietcc 12-04-2011 12:07 PM

You should definitely give it a shot! The first couple of down days are harder but then it's smooth sailing. At least it was for me. It's so weird but I actually really enjoy down days! They are like a challenge and I feel light, skinny and "peaceful" on those days. At the end of the day, I feel proud and in control. Then I start thinking about the good stuff I will eat tomorrow (I don't low carb anymore). All in all, the DDs put me in a happy mood :D

Alcestis 12-04-2011 02:38 PM

I'm going to go for it. I have a weird feeling that the down days will be simpler than the up days. First DD tomorrow!

Thanks for all of your replies. :)

pjsam1156 12-04-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcestis (Post 15224240)
I'm going to go for it. I have a weird feeling that the down days will be simpler than the up days. First DD tomorrow!

Make sure you keep checking these threads--they are a GODSEND for me:love:
GOOD LUCK!!:clap:

sherrymyra 12-04-2011 02:54 PM

I just started a week ago. So far so good. It is easy.

dasiey 12-04-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

welcome to juddd

I started 11/13 and I'm down 9 pounds.

Beeb 12-04-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

:welcome: and YES, it really IS that simple! ;):up::clap::jumpjoy:

Alcestis 12-05-2011 05:14 AM

You guys rock!

Well, I threw my back out last night, which means I have no hope of cooking much today. lucky it's my first DD right?! :laugh:

dasiey 12-05-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcestis (Post 15225341)
You guys rock!

Well, I threw my back out last night, which means I have no hope of cooking much today. lucky it's my first DD right?! :laugh:

right... thats a good way of looking at it,:up:
But sorry about your back.