Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Too much UP on an Up Day (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747828-too-much-up-up-day.html)

mainemom 12-03-2011 04:09 PM

Too much UP on an Up Day

For many months, I haven't used food as comfort, but yesterday was a DOOZY at work, me getting very upset and stressed by something a client said. Did well all day at work, but was so tired and stressed and had to grocery shop after work. Kids wanted me to pick up Wendy's, so I did. I even planned that I'd treat myself to a burger, but found myself also scarfing down a small fries, and later that night, a yummy half muffin. But, oh my, did that Wendy's burger taste delicious. I enjoyed every single savory bite. And the fries - first time in 9 mos. They were GOOD. So I guess I used restrained only in that I ordered a single, not a double, and a small fries, not a large. Oh, and no Frosty. Today is a DD and I'm doing fine. Thought I would be fighting terrible fatigue and cravings, but haven't. In the past months just LCing, I would have. Loving that with JUDDD, I can treat myself to some higher carb veggies and oats, and some not so healthy favorite foods - just not too often. Those calories do add up fast!

leonak 12-03-2011 04:46 PM

You and I are in the same boat!

My last 2 UD I went well over my calories by about 600 calories! Must do better on the next DD and UD.

Good Luck to Us All!

onceNforall 12-03-2011 06:07 PM

I had an Up Up and Away Day today too! Just still haven't gotten it in my head that I don't have to pack everything in on an UD like I'm never gonna see it again. Scales won't be pretty tomorrow!! :eek:

julietcc 12-03-2011 06:30 PM

It happens to probably all of us! I started doing free days instead of up days and it may be a slippery slope. I actually bought myself a hot fudge sundae from Weinerschnitzel yesterday. I think on both of my free days, I went over my usual 1600 calories. :stars: Hopefully my good down days will keep me in my range for when I do crazy things like that.

Mommie22boys 12-03-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onceNforall (Post 15222801)
I had an Up Up and Away Day today too! Just still haven't gotten it in my head that I don't have to pack everything in on an UD like I'm never gonna see it again. Scales won't be pretty tomorrow!! :eek:

Your DD (or maybe the next 2), will take care of it. What has really helped me to wrap my brain around the notion that all UD's don't have to be full of everything yummy I can think of is this: I don't have to have *it* today just because I can. I can have *this* today and *that* on my next UD. Nothing is banned. Forever. If I don't fit something exciting and drool-worthy in today, then maybe I'll have it on my next UD. The more I make those conscious decisions, the easier those decisions become.

leonak 12-04-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onceNforall (Post 15222801)

like I'm never gonna see it again But what I think is that someone else living with me will eat it!!:cry:

itsmeshelly01 12-04-2011 04:57 AM

Boy do i understand this. The first time i did juddd this is what happened to me. I ended up having to go off it. I have come back to it with a new understanding and very much wanting it to work and really and truly just wanting a normal healthy relationship with food. That has eluded me for years!!!! I have had a eating disorder my whole life it seems like. When i was really overweight i binged and couldnt control myself, then it went the other way with binging/purging, restricting. Its been a nightmare. Even just trying to be normal its an obsession, a major obsession of my day to day life. Juddd kinda has tamed that a little. This last time it really did do that for me and i went to the warrior diet for a couple of weeks and now im back where i belong. I dont think about food near as much doing juddd. You will get past that part of it. I think you did pretty well. I still havent gotten to the point to allowing myself anything like that. Maybe when i reach my goal i will.

And leonak i know exactly what you are talking about!!!! LOL

julietcc 12-04-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15223153)
like I'm never gonna see it again But what I think is that someone else living with me will eat it!!:cry:

My son is a teenager and I can relate :hugs: Yesterday I had to ask him to PLEASE save me a piece of pizza for my up day today :aprayer: It's there waiting for me :D

I also sometimes freeze leftovers for both up days and down days. You know most men, or anyone for that matter, won't go foraging for food in the freezer :hyst:

Demonica 12-04-2011 09:12 AM

I'm having a hard time sticking to my food plan that I write out for myself the night before on UD's. DD's are fine, I get through them with no problem, but UD's, at least yesterday's, was crazy.:stars:

pjsam1156 12-04-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15223153)

I can COMPLETELY relate--5 people in the house including an 18-yr-old boy and a 6'7" husband who eats non-stop!:annoyed: Seriously--I hide things. It's the only thing that has stopped me from trying to eat everything in one day.:D If it's a refrigerated or frozen item, I'm lucky enough to have a fridge in the basement, so I hide stuff way in the back on the bottom shelf. Men/boys are wayyy too lazy to look there!:hyst: