Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Do you ever have brain fog on DDs? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747824-do-you-ever-have-brain-fog-dds.html)

julietcc 12-03-2011 02:45 PM

Do you ever have brain fog on DDs?

It's 2:45 here and I swear I could not remember what I had for lunch 3 hours earlier. I thought long and hard about it, too. Luckily I had put it in ************. Oh yeaaaah, my homemade chicken vegetable soup I had retrieved from my freezer and microwaved the heck out of it :doh: I'm now remembering how good it tasted, too.

I'm also a lousy poster on DD. It takes me forever to type a post and I mistype all sorts of words. Thank goodness for those little red squiggly lines underneath to alert me.

Some people feel calm and alert on DD. I feel calm but ditzy and scattered! :laugh:

Am I the only one?

sophiethecat 12-03-2011 03:16 PM

I think I felt this way for weeks when I first started, but now I'm clearer... except everytime around TOM and then the hunger is harder to take and I get more irritable and muddy-thinking.

Beeb 12-03-2011 03:20 PM

All the time!! Today I was trying to move the cursor on my computer to the button to turn the computer off!

The button is ON the computer case, NOT on the screen and I couldn't figure out why the cursor kept disappearing off the screen and not going to the button!!!! :doh::stars::hyst::lol:

julietcc 12-03-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15222569)
All the time!! Today I was trying to move the cursor on my computer to the button to turn the computer off!

The button is ON the computer case, NOT on the screen and I couldn't figure out why the cursor kept disappearing off the screen and not going to the button!!!! :doh::stars::hyst::lol:

:hyst: Yes! That is something I would do in one of my not so bright moments.

Luckily I don't get irritable very often. I'm usually happy as a clam. :D

leonak 12-03-2011 04:43 PM

This is something that happens to me too - many call it "A Senior Moment"

Oh, Oh, you are way too young for those!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

From Senior Leona!:console::hugs::console:

Mommie22boys 12-03-2011 05:56 PM

Some days are like that for me, but only when I don't *eat* lunch. If I only do liquids, then it's hard to concentrate at work by about 2:30 or so. On a couple of occasions lately I have gotten that energy rush, but usually it's just a jittery, I gotta eat feeling.

Truffles 03-04-2012 09:31 PM

I have had some brain fog lately. Kinda scary cause its like my brain just turns off. Its almost like I can physically "feel" it. I have shaken my head to try and clear the fogginess. Ok when lounging at home. Not ok when trying to talk to customers at work. Or book parties!! I hope this passes soon. I am going to try and start taking my vitamins again soon. Hard on DD I get so nauseous.

gotsomeold 03-05-2012 06:01 AM

Around here birds are doing elaborate dances, flowers are blooming, the trees have begun their yearly orgy, and I am using a box of tissues a day and have pretty much sneezed off what remains of my brains out. THAT makes me very foggy.

Any chance what you are experiencing is (early) seasonal allergy?

synger 03-05-2012 07:09 AM

Around TOM, I find I need to eat 600-700 calories on Down Days, or I fall into a funk. I just don't want to do anything, and often just go to bed an hour or so earlier than usual. This happened especially when I was first starting JUDDD, and on the few times I've tried consciously to eat lower than 400 calories on DDs.

But most DDs I am just fine, especially if I'm eating my full 500 - 600 calories.

SoHappy 03-05-2012 07:12 AM

I'm pretty alert on DDs, but I've been doing this for quite awhile. I usually keep myself busy and get quite a bit done around here.

Truffles 03-05-2012 07:57 AM

I was fine for a while. Im hoping it is because TOM is close. Yesterday was an UD and I had the fogginess for a little while too?? I guess i'll have to wait and see.

Scotty 03-05-2012 11:09 AM

I get head achey and light headed, but no more ditsy than usual....

Avicenna 03-05-2012 11:56 AM

Hi,

I recently went from Atkins to trying JUDDD (about 3 weeks ago) and I do find that one of the problems I have is that because of 'brain fog', I can't remember how many calories I've eaten by the end of the DD, although I can usually work it out if I sit down and think about it.

Truffles 03-05-2012 01:19 PM

I have been having trouble focusing and losing track of my point in the middle of a sentence- while talking to people!

Also, can't remember simple sayings like... "payback's a b*" weird stuff...

itsmeshelly01 03-05-2012 04:32 PM

I do on some and on some I'm perfectly fine. Today has been a tough one. I'm extra hungry, irritable, shaky, brain fog, everything. I think TOM is close. There just isn't enough real time between TOM and no time. Its like I only have about a week, maybe two, if I'm lucky, that I feel normal. I hate that!