Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,049
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Occupy Christmas Village?

I put my Christmas Village up today and I'm thinking of making little tents and having some of my villagers carry signs that read like the Occupy folks have.

My village is large and there are lots of businesses but only a few house and those houses are McMansions!! I can see the villagers now with there 99% - 1% signs marching down those snow covered streets to the rich villager's homes!! The only thing is Santa's factory and toy shop is there, on the other side of town, and I'm afraid that the "spirit of Christmas" may throw things off a bit for the protesters because they may think they could be running the risk of being put on the "naughty" list!

Taking a poll: Would you or wouldn't you give the Christmas Village's park over to the Occupy protesters?
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 12-01-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
mainemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 562
Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Too funny, Linda! I think you should give at least one section over to the protesters. Just don't have them doing what some of our Portland, Maine protesters got caught doing - getting drunk and peeing in the grass!
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 70,812
Gallery: Dottie
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,269
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
That sounds Righteous!!! If you do it I SOOO want some pictures!!!!1


ETA: Would you add Crowd Control Officers also???
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 70,812
Gallery: Dottie
Elves with tear gas?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
jandjsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 456
Gallery: jandjsmom
Stats: 155/128.2/127 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb/ IF
Start Date: June 2011
That is too funny!! Never would have thought of that!

What kind of village do you have? I have Snow village and love it!! Need to get my new piece this weekend!
jandjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mommie22boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,492
Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Riot gear.

You just never know.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,186
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I put my Christmas Village up today and I'm thinking of making little tents and having some of my villagers carry signs that read like the Occupy folks have.

My village is large and there are lots of businesses but only a few house and those houses are McMansions!! I can see the villagers now with there 99% - 1% signs marching down those snow covered streets to the rich villager's homes!! The only thing is Santa's factory and toy shop is there, on the other side of town, and I'm afraid that the "spirit of Christmas" may throw things off a bit for the protesters because they may think they could be running the risk of being put on the "naughty" list!

Taking a poll: Would you or wouldn't you give the Christmas Village's park over to the Occupy protesters?
My college student son could get together a VW bus full of kids together and camp there! Let me know.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
BTW, Beeb, what are they protesting at Christmas Village? Big bailouts for the toy manufacturers? Are they rallying behind the elves to unionize? Be the mouthpiece, would ya?
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,130
Gallery: dasiey
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #12
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 70,812
Gallery: Dottie
It's probably because Santa has sweatshop labor, forces them to pretend to be jolly and work their butts off all year while he only works one day a year and gets all the credit!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It's probably because Santa has sweatshop labor, forces them to pretend to be jolly and work their butts off all year while he only works one day a year and gets all the credit!
Not unlike so many bosses I have known. Good observation, Dottie.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
stardustshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 3,339
Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
SO funny! I love it!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,049
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I went and spoke to them today. What they are protesting is the fact that Santa and the Elves are all for a union, but the Big Wigs in town who own most of the businesses are afraid that their employees will join in and want a union in their companies, too. They are putting the pressure on Santa to not let the Elves unionize. He is in a terrible place with this, not knowing what to do. If you let's the Elves form their union, other employees may follow in the other businesses in town, and causing a possible boycott of the Toy Factory by the business owners who use his goods to sell in their own stores. If he doesn't let them unionize then the Elves are threatening tol go on strike and join the protesters!

It's a hot mess, and I can see the Elves joining in soon to help the Occupiers if something doesn't happen on Santa's end.

This is a terrible time for Santa, so busy and now has to worry about either a strike or loss of revenue from down sales.

We shall see how it play out in the next week or so!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I went and spoke to them today. What they are protesting is the fact that Santa and the Elves are all for a union, but the Big Wigs in town who own most of the businesses are afraid that their employees will join in and want a union in their companies, too. They are putting the pressure on Santa to not let the Elves unionize. He is in a terrible place with this, not knowing what to do. If you let's the Elves form their union, other employees may follow in the other businesses in town, and causing a possible boycott of the Toy Factory by the business owners who use his goods to sell in their own stores. If he doesn't let them unionize then the Elves are threatening tol go on strike and join the protesters!

It's a hot mess, and I can see the Elves joining in soon to help the Occupiers if something doesn't happen on Santa's end.

This is a terrible time for Santa, so busy and now has to worry about either a strike or loss of revenue from down sales.

We shall see how it play out in the next week or so!!

Clearly, this answers your question! You have Occupy Christmas Village. Santa needs the support.

One more thing....how does Santa expect to pay union wages to the elves when he gives all those toys away for free? Do I smell a possible tax on toys for tots? Good grief!
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 70,812
Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
Do I smell a possible tax on toys for tots? Good grief!
Commercialize Christmas? Say it ain't so!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mommie22boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,492
Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Christmas is commercialized?? I make all my kids' presents by hand. Their favorites are always the hand-stitched clothes. This year I'm trying my hand at making a Mario vs. Sonic Nintendo DS game...surprisingly, it's a little more complicated than you might think.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,049
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
Clearly, this answers your question! You have Occupy Christmas Village. Santa needs the support.

One more thing....how does Santa expect to pay union wages to the elves when he gives all those toys away for free? Do I smell a possible tax on toys for tots? Good grief!
Can you say "Government/Christmas Village Tax Breaks"? NOW you see the Santa is in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Christmas is commercialized?? I make all my kids' presents by hand. Their favorites are always the hand-stitched clothes. This year I'm trying my hand at making a Mario vs. Sonic Nintendo DS game...surprisingly, it's a little more complicated than you might think.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Christmas is commercialized?? I make all my kids' presents by hand. Their favorites are always the hand-stitched clothes. This year I'm trying my hand at making a Mario vs. Sonic Nintendo DS game...surprisingly, it's a little more complicated than you might think.
Tell me about!! I just finished coding high tech software for my son so he can compose musical scores on his laptop. Took me all day. Sheesh. I feel your pain.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,269
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I went and spoke to them today. What they are protesting is the fact that Santa and the Elves are all for a union, but the Big Wigs in town who own most of the businesses are afraid that their employees will join in and want a union in their companies, too. They are putting the pressure on Santa to not let the Elves unionize. He is in a terrible place with this, not knowing what to do. If you let's the Elves form their union, other employees may follow in the other businesses in town, and causing a possible boycott of the Toy Factory by the business owners who use his goods to sell in their own stores. If he doesn't let them unionize then the Elves are threatening tol go on strike and join the protesters!

It's a hot mess, and I can see the Elves joining in soon to help the Occupiers if something doesn't happen on Santa's end.

This is a terrible time for Santa, so busy and now has to worry about either a strike or loss of revenue from down sales.

We shall see how it play out in the next week or so!!
Spoken like a True Reporter! on the Low Carb Friends NEWS Channel!!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,049
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Spoken like a True Reporter! on the Low Carb Friends NEWS Channel!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Spoken like a True Reporter! on the Low Carb Friends NEWS Channel!!
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
mayleesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,329
Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/178.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
this is hysterical!!!ya'll make me soooo happy!!! thank you!!!! from the bottom of my corporate sellout heart!!! hahahhahaha
mayleesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,049
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
There was a march around the skating pond today! I figured it may get ugly, but there were very organized and orderly.

It's when they all started to sing their "protesting" versions of regular Christmas Carols that the fun began! What terrible voices the Elves have and people were complaining not because of the march but because of the horrible singing!

I thought it was so
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
There was a march around the skating pond today! I figured it may get ugly, but there were very organized and orderly.

It's when they all started to sing their "protesting" versions of regular Christmas Carols that the fun began! What terrible voices the Elves have and people were complaining not because of the march but because of the horrible singing!

I thought it was so
I can picture and hear it now! I have found that our local protestors will keep mum if we town folk give them food and drink. But I hear that elves have a bit of a problem holding their liquor, so you might consider mulled cider or rum-free egg nog. Just a thought.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,049
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chona View Post
I can picture and hear it now! I have found that our local protesters will keep mum if we town folk give them food and drink. But I hear that elves have a bit of a problem holding their liquor, so you might consider mulled cider or rum-free egg nog. Just a thought.
Maybe it was the "holiday cheer" giving them those terrible singing voices!! I will have to ask Santa at the next protesters meeting!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Maybe it was the "holiday cheer" giving them those terrible singing voices!! I will have to ask Santa at the next protesters meeting!
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
Chona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 133
Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I put my Christmas Village up today and I'm thinking of making little tents and having some of my villagers carry signs that read like the Occupy folks have.

My village is large and there are lots of businesses but only a few house and those houses are McMansions!! I can see the villagers now with there 99% - 1% signs marching down those snow covered streets to the rich villager's homes!! The only thing is Santa's factory and toy shop is there, on the other side of town, and I'm afraid that the "spirit of Christmas" may throw things off a bit for the protesters because they may think they could be running the risk of being put on the "naughty" list!

Taking a poll: Would you or wouldn't you give the Christmas Village's park over to the Occupy protesters?
Just wrote about this on my blog.
GoErie.com Blogs: Gut Check: Making simple sense out of life
Check it out!!

Last edited by Chona; 12-06-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,269
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013

Away in a city, No money for milk
the baby sleeps on pilled up sheets not on silk

While Far in the Distance the Bank CEO's
Takes baths in rich oils and pour milk on their toes

The Little Dock Worker , Long Hours All day
Is grateful for working; No Overtime Pay

He daren't not speak of time off for his kids
Or risk that his job will be soon on the skids

Lets hope that his baby comes down with no ill,
for lack of insurance would cripple them still

Help all the dear children in hard worker's care;
the Ninety-Nine Percent is taking us there.
__________________
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 12-06-2011 at 10:40 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.