Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What I like about DDs is... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747553-what-i-like-about-dds.html)

pjsam1156 12-01-2011 03:24 PM

What I like about DDs is...
 
Everything tastes SO YUMMY:yummy: because I'm actually, truly hungry when I eat.:love:
How about you?

Kissa 12-01-2011 03:50 PM

I get that!

Beeb 12-01-2011 05:17 PM

What I like is I'm not hungry!! I have to remember to eat most times, unlike my UDs when I could eat the paint off the walls! :doh::laugh:

I also like having to be "inventive and creative" to get the most bang for my calories on DDs. I have eaten some pretty weird combos but they were always packed full of veggies and protein and VERY filling! ;):up:

dasiey 12-01-2011 05:54 PM

What I think is weird is I like the feeling of being hungry.
But hungry always wins and then I eat. Todays calories
355

shirlc 12-01-2011 08:07 PM

I love that everything tastes so good on DDs, too!!!

pjsam1156 12-01-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasiey (Post 15218038)
What I think is weird is I like the feeling of being hungry.
But hungry always wins and then I eat. Todays calories
355

I like the feeling of hunger, I think, because I feel like some fat is burning.:hyst:

sophiethecat 12-01-2011 09:40 PM

I like the clear feeling I get when I'm around 15 hours into the DD. People probably get sick of reading my description, but it's like I can feel the inflammation lowering. And yeah, probably the fat burning too :)

My sinuses get clear, I can breathe easier, my mind is clearer, I get a pleasant body sensation, my skin looks luminous, my mood is calm and good, I'm relaxed yet alert and as though my senses are a bit sharpened. It's all subtle, but it happens every single time, and so I know it is caused by the fast, or near-fasting.

julietcc 12-01-2011 09:50 PM

I savor every bit on a down day. Today I had a subway sandwich and it was so good. Food definitely tastes better on DD because I appreciate it more, I guess :D

Both days definitely have their strong points! I love the freedom to eat what ever I want on Up days. On Down days, I love how I feel lighter and thinner. It's like I can actually feel those fat cells meting and my stomach growls. And there's also the anticipation of stepping on the scale the next morning.

MintQ8 12-02-2011 04:30 AM

I love the true hunger feeling and really wanting to eat too - had a boiled egg this am - it tasted soooooo good!

Plus I like the challenge of keeping my cals low! It's still new days - but I know that once DH and I are back and living in our own place (okay rented - but you know what I mean) in Australia - I'll have some serious DD staples - to go to - so that I don't have to think too much - but for now - I love the thinking!

dasiey 12-02-2011 05:09 AM

:rofl:The other night my stomach was growling so
loud it woke my husband.

sazzie 12-02-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15218544)
I like the clear feeling I get when I'm around 15 hours into the DD. People probably get sick of reading my description, but it's like I can feel the inflammation lowering. And yeah, probably the fat burning too :)

My sinuses get clear, I can breathe easier, my mind is clearer, I get a pleasant body sensation, my skin looks luminous, my mood is calm and good, I'm relaxed yet alert and as though my senses are a bit sharpened. It's all subtle, but it happens every single time, and so I know it is caused by the fast, or near-fasting.

I, for one, do not get tired of hearing about your feelings on DDs! I actually experience the same 'calm alertness' and is one of the reasons I so look forward to the DD 'releasing days', as I call them.

I also experience higher energy levels.

My hunger on DDs has decreased substantially; I no longer need the Peppermint Oil!!! :D

vilanteira 12-02-2011 08:19 AM

I love the feeling of no heavy lingering food in my belly and no bloating and feeling lighter. My pants feel looser on good DDs too. I also like the feeling of hunger, and on a normal DD the hunger usually doesn't get too bad and I definitely enjoy that heightened senses feeling along with the calm. Sometimes I experience a pleasant dream-like and floaty feeling too. Not sure if that's weird, but I like it. :)

piratejenny 12-02-2011 09:23 AM

My handwriting is really neat and pretty on DDs!!!
Without even trying!!! :hyst:

Kissa 12-02-2011 10:35 AM

Stop that Jenny, you nearly made me spill my tea.

dasiey 12-02-2011 12:04 PM

I also like the thin feeling. I feel sexy. I want to go get a tan. and some sexy clothes.

But I'm still over weight but I'm working on it.

And I feel great....

piratejenny 12-02-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15219607)
Stop that Jenny, you nearly made me spill my tea.

I know it sounds utterly silly, but it's true--
my handwriting is neater on DDs!!!

Maybe it's part of that calm-yet-alert feeling?
I'm all meditate-y and Zenned-out and stuff. :D

Kissa 12-02-2011 01:07 PM

Well, well, well. I wish anything would improve my handwriting, it is awful.

I love that it is after 8pm and I still have 100 calories to eat, if I choose to.

Meek75 12-16-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsam1156 (Post 15217676)
Everything tastes SO YUMMY:yummy: because I'm actually, truly hungry when I eat.:love:
How about you?

:goodpost:

Knittering 12-16-2011 12:06 PM

I love that I have a lot less food to weight, measure, and prepare! My DDs are pretty simple and involve very little time in the kitchen.

vilanteira 12-16-2011 01:18 PM

I don't know why but I've been hit with a burst of strange great mood on DDs recently, when I've had nothing to eat all day. Sometime around the afternoon on DDs (like now, around 3:15pm), I'll feel strangely energetic and my mood soars, like everything is right in this world and I'm freakishly happy. It lasts for hours. Just now my coworker walked by and caught me singing, and I didn't even realize it. :laugh: I was singing Make Your Own Kind of Music and she was like, "are you singing that song from Lost? Why are you in such a good mood???" :laugh:

Knittering 12-16-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

I don't know why but I've been hit with a burst of strange great mood on DDs recently, when I've had nothing to eat all day.
That's your body thinking you're starving and giving you a boost of energy so you can go run down a wildebeast or something for dinner. :) I get a lot of housework done when it hits!

sophiethecat 12-16-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15254346)
That's your body thinking you're starving and giving you a boost of energy so you can go run down a wildebeast or something for dinner. :)

Haha, yep, that's it! :)

Agee 12-16-2011 03:05 PM

Agree with all of you!
I have also really enjoyed the after dinner time on DDs. I am slightly hungry and so excited about the next morning - both the weight and what I will eat for breakfast!
Only thing I don't like is that I have a little trouble falling asleep on DDs. I seriously think it's fat burning - a superior form of energy.
Can't wait to see how things evolve for me as I do this longer.
A

pjsam1156 12-16-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agee (Post 15254491)
Agree with all of you!
I have also really enjoyed the after dinner time on DDs. I am slightly hungry and so excited about the next morning - both the weight and what I will eat for breakfast!
Only thing I don't like is that I have a little trouble falling asleep on DDs. I seriously think it's fat burning - a superior form of energy.
Can't wait to see how things evolve for me as I do this longer.
A

I have to admit--I am 55 yrs old, and in all my years of WW (3 different times) and LCing (about 12 years of that), etc, I have NEVER been excited to get out of bed and see what the scale says--until JUDDD!:love::jumpjoy:

Agee 12-16-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

I have to admit--I am 55 yrs old, and in all my years of WW (3 different times) and LCing (about 12 years of that), etc, I have NEVER been excited to get out of bed and see what the scale says--until JUDDD
Yeah - today is a DD, and this morning (after an UD) I was only 1 lb. over my low of the day before, so I know tomorrow is going to show me something new. Wheeeeee!

piratejenny 12-16-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15254346)
That's your body thinking you're starving and giving you a boost of energy so you can go run down a wildebeast or something for dinner. :) I get a lot of housework done when it hits!

I was wondering what to have for dinner! Wildebeest it is!!! :yahoo:

vilanteira 12-16-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15254346)
That's your body thinking you're starving and giving you a boost of energy so you can go run down a wildebeast or something for dinner. :) I get a lot of housework done when it hits!

:hyst::hyst::hyst: That must be it! The size my of dinner ended up feeling like it anyway.

Alcestis 12-16-2011 07:36 PM

I guess I hit the "wildebeast zone" tonight :rofl:

I got a rush of energy this evening after a day of running around. I made two dinners (DH's for tonight and our dinner for tomorrow) and I was still bouncing around, so I made snicker-doodles for DH while he put the Christmas tree up. I wasn't even tempted to eat a cookie because I realized I can have one or more tomorrow!

I'm starting to get why this WOE works....

sophiethecat 12-16-2011 08:34 PM

I just ate a wildebeest. :yummy:

Well, almost. :laugh: Sooo hungry tonight, on the way home went through Wendy's drive-thru - had a medium single combo. :steak: Yummo.

Joedi 12-17-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15254219)
I don't know why but I've been hit with a burst of strange great mood on DDs recently, when I've had nothing to eat all day. Sometime around the afternoon on DDs (like now, around 3:15pm), I'll feel strangely energetic and my mood soars, like everything is right in this world and I'm freakishly happy. It lasts for hours. Just now my coworker walked by and caught me singing, and I didn't even realize it. :laugh: I was singing Make Your Own Kind of Music and she was like, "are you singing that song from Lost? Why are you in such a good mood???" :laugh:

I just noticed this too! :high5:

When i was losing weight, i did UD/DD rotations, and would start my DD food about 12pm.

For the last few weeks, as I am in maintainence, I have been doing FD/DD rotations...and have found, after a FD...i can go way longer without eating....up until 5 or 6pm. And at around about 4-5pm, i get a weird kind of high....a kind of endorphin rush or something, and just feel really happy and content.
I still eat my DD calories after this time, but the long stretch of not eating certainly has some definate effects!

hugs
Jo
x


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.