Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Do you weigh every day

So far I have had 2 DD's. I am on an UD today. I'm thinking of weighing only on mornings after a DD. I wonder how much the scale would jump around if weighing every day.

What does everyone else do?
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
So far I have had 2 DD's. I am on an UD today. I'm thinking of weighing only on mornings after a DD. I wonder how much the scale would jump around if weighing every day.

What does everyone else do?
I weigh everyday and the scales jumps around 1 to 2 pounds after every UD but I know this and it's not an issue for me at all.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I weigh each morning and do bounce up and down, but I want to see what my pattern is and when and how it changes.

I also want to know which foods may cause a problem with me after an UD.
I've learned that some foods are worse for me than others and by weighing each day, I can make adjustments.

Weighing every day also guides me as to the UD calorie count.....am I maintaining, losing or gaining?

Knowing the scale numbers normally go down after a DD allows me to have peace of mind I never had when doing any other program.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Every Day, Every Day, I love doing it. It's Information! I love information! I love to put it into my graph and watch the line bounce Up and Down, and Up and Down, and.... Down,... Hopefully!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I weigh daily to keep tabs on things. If I get up to 147, I will know to reign in the FDs. Otherwise, I've become accustomed to the swings up and down.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I weigh every morning--nude! don't want any clothes adding to that scale (that includes underwear!)
But, I don't worry about fluctuations until the end of one week--I compare that weight to the weight I was one week before--as long as it's lower--I know I'm doing something right.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Lots of good thoughts guys. Thanks. I think I will weight every day then. It makes sense to weigh every day but use the week as a comparison.

Sophie what is a FD?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lots of good thoughts guys. Thanks. I think I will weight every day then. It makes sense to weigh every day but use the week as a comparison.

Sophie what is a FD?
It was coined by SoHappy (Pat) and means "Free Day" or "Full Day" or "Feast Day"... it's recommended just to use FDs during maintenance. On FDs you do not count calories, just eat what and when and how much you want.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:

Sophie what is a FD?
I'll answer for Sophie It's a "free day" that some of us that are in maintenance are doing. On free days we don't count our calories at all but we still alternate FD/DD/FD/DD, etc. We still count our DD. This is not recommended if you are in weight loss mode, though! I think us maintainers that are doing free days plan to go back to counting these up days if our weight go up to a certain point. My maintenance range is 112-115. If I hit 115 or 116 after a DD, I'm definitely going back to counting those up days!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sophie, you beat me to it
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Sophie, you beat me to it
How did your first FD go, Julie? I am eager to hear all about it! And that feast that your boss put back for the two of you!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
I weigh every morning--nude! don't want any clothes adding to that scale (that includes underwear!)
This made me laugh. I wake up at 5 AM every morning and my scale is in the kitchen. My 17 year old son wakes up at 5:30. So I sneak into the kitchen (after using the restroom of course), take off my night shirt so I'm just wearing my undies, and hop on the scale. He never wakes up earlier so I'm good.

I also weigh every morning but be prepared for a lot of ups and downs! If you can mentally deal with that, then go for it. On Thanksgiving morning, for example, I weighed my lowest low - 111.6. On that day, I ate everything without worrying about it. The next morning I weighed 116. That's 4.4 pounds overnight! Now I'm back to 111.8 and I don't let any crazy weight fluctuations bother me.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
But, I don't worry about fluctuations until the end of one week--I compare that weight to the weight I was one week before--as long as it's lower--I know I'm doing something right.
While the coffee's brewing, I close the doors to the little bathroom that has the scales, take off everything but my socks and step on the scales... it's cold and my poor feet need to be toasty!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
How did your first FD go, Julie? I am eager to hear all about it! And that feast that your boss put back for the two of you!
I had too many sweets today! I'll definitely have a healthy down day tomorrow. I had coffee, a muffin, a cookie, SF chocolate, sunflower seeds cheese, a 6 inch subway sandwich, and pecan pie! We didn't break out the crackers and salami yet. I'm a bad example.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
While the coffee's brewing, I close the doors to the little bathroom that has the scales, take off everything but my socks and step on the scales... it's cold and my poor feet need to be toasty!
I've actually weighed myself a couple of times with the t shirt and without the t shirt and my weight was the same. I still take it off, though!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
I had too many sweets today! I'll definitely have a healthy down day tomorrow. I had coffee, a muffin, a cookie, SF chocolate, sunflower seeds cheese, a 6 inch subway sandwich, and pecan pie! We didn't break out the crackers and salami yet. I'm a bad example.
No, you're not a bad example, you just had a FD!!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I always weigh nude. I know it is accurate then.

Beings tomorrow will be after a UP I am a bit nervous about weighing but know what to look forward to so it won't scare me too much. I think. lol. We shall see. I haven't missed a day of weighing in a year. It is first thing on my mind when I get up.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I always weigh nude. I know it is accurate then.

Beings tomorrow will be after a UP I am a bit nervous about weighing but know what to look forward to so it won't scare me too much. I think. lol. We shall see. I haven't missed a day of weighing in a year. It is first thing on my mind when I get up.
Just don't get too nervous. Most of us go up and down and up and down. Some lucky Judders lose after UDs but I was very rarely one of them.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, we shall see how it turns out.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I can't weigh everyday. I know there are fluctuations with this WOE, and I, as a person, get frustrated very easily. I weigh only once a week.
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I weigh daily, nude, after using the bathroom.
I want to be as light as possible!
The scale does move a pound or two after UDs but I am learning to expect that.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Just weighed after my UD and not much change from my DD weigh so that's a good thing.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I weigh each morning and do bounce up and down, but I want to see what my pattern is and when and how it changes.

I also want to know which foods may cause a problem with me after an UD.
I've learned that some foods are worse for me than others and by weighing each day, I can make adjustments.

Weighing every day also guides me as to the UD calorie count.....am I maintaining, losing or gaining?

Knowing the scale numbers normally go down after a DD allows me to have peace of mind I never had when doing any other program.
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #24

Thing is I weigh everyday most of the time, whether I'm trying to lose or not. After all, I learned that even when I'm not trying to lose, my weight fluctuates up and down and I realized that that is normal for everyone, even if they eat the same thing everyday.

It's kinda a rethinking, and re-learning that our daily weight both 1) has to do with what we eat and do daily AND 2) has NOTHING to do with what we eat and do daily.

It's easy to let go of any emotional attachment to the ups and downs, and a fun result is that I can NOW usually GUESS my weight right before I step on. I've gotten pretty accurate. I go potty then I turn on the scale and I think of the previous days weight, I "feel" my body with my mind,and then I make a guess. I've been spot on more times than not and it's a great assessment to see if I can feel my body accurately. Today I guessed i was up a bit to 58.4 and I was right. I should have been much higher with all the starches I ate, but I took a starch blocker and I could feel that I didn't get any bloat and the scale confirmed it. I wouldn't have been upset if I were more considering my food choices.

That's why I weigh everyday, so I can catch any abnormalities by weight if I can't feel them myself, like if I get sick or allergic.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
I weigh a couple times a week, in the morning. I don't have a set day anymore. Whenever I get the over powering urge, I take the plunge!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #26

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Another here who weighs every morning. I have long ago come to terms with the great weight fluctuations JUDDD causes me, and don't bat an eyelash over them anymore. Now I just keep tabs to make sure the upticks of that fluctuating weight don't keep bouncing up and up and up without being balanced out by the *downs* as well.

I maintain pretty easily, but the reason it's pretty easy is because it's such an easy thing to keep gains nipped in the bud. I'm able to relax my eating a bit more, and daily weighing lets me know if I've been a little too lax lately.. like it's time to lower those calorie numbers a smidge for a few days. And that seems to be in balance with whether I've been doing a good job of my exercise or letting that fall by the wayside for a few days. It makes a difference to me in maintenance.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Every morning since starting Juddd...and boy was I scared to do so....I get very weight fixated due to ED issues..but I had to know if this woe worked!

I am so glad I did......I am now happily maintaining..and I have a nice little graph of my progress....it shows lots of up and down bounces...a bit of flatlining...and now, 2 weeks since reaching my revised goal of 133...just gentle bounces a little over/under 133.

Like previous posters have said, it is important to get used to seeing the little ups...without panicing (I am only just getting used to them)...and seeing that the overall trend is ever downwards. And of course, in maintainance its good to see we ARE maintaining...not sneakily gaining!

My routine is to have a cuppa in bed (courtesy of DH)...get up, have a quick tidy about (courtesy of very messy teenage DS's!), go potty and get weighed.

To my embarrassment i have 2 pair of scales....my old pair, which I had at the start of Juddd..which only weigh in lb increments...and my my new ww ones..which weigh in 0.25 lbs!
I get on my old ones first (they weigh a lb lighter...) and from what they say, I can work out my weight on the new ones! daft, I know!

The weight I record is from the new ones though. I bought them thinking that being more accurate, I may weigh a bit less...but instead I weighed more...serves me right!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
metqa....what starch blocker do you use? do you feel they are effective? are they for sugar AND starch or just starch?
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #29

Hey So Happy!

Joedi, that's funny about the two scales!

Dazy, I have Natrol Carb Intercep with Phase 2 Starch Neutralizer.
I feel they are effectvie based on a couple , actually three recent meals. and I think they only work for starch.

Thanksgiving Day and the Next day I had two large meals that were unfortunately 75% starch and sugar. I took 1.5doses of Carb Intercept, and when I came home, I was up less than half a pound from my previous weigh. Two days Later I had a dessert social with friends in which I ate lots of sugar and starch but no carb blockers. I was up by almost 2lbs the next day, but I had a down day and came back down. Yesterday, I had leftovers of Thanksgiving which was the same starchy foods, and I took the blocker, 1.5 doses again. I am only up .44lb this morning, *considering I ate some artisan bread and water in the middle of the night, it might just be extra food weight from midnight snacking.

So that to me, and the fact that I don't use them regularly so have no falsely jaded opinions about it "helping weight loss" ( I don't believe it would) ,and that I weigh daily so I know how much I normally gain on Up Days and on Up Days when I eat a lot of starch. Based on that I believe they have some beneficial effect for meals that contain a lot of starch. I wouldn't bother if it's a basically low carb meal that just happens to have a lot of natural carbs from vegetables, or from fruit or dairy.

Last edited by metqa; 12-01-2011 at 09:49 AM..
Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
When I am losing steadily, I weigh only after every down day. When my weight is a little more crazy, I like to weigh every day so the disappointments aren't as big--I don't like to wait to weigh if it's just gonna be no fun news! For me, I don't get discouraged by weight fluctuations if I'm putting in the work.
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote