Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Well this looks mighty interesting (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747408-well-looks-mighty-interesting.html)

dawnyama 11-30-2011 11:33 AM

Well this looks mighty interesting

I was browsing the organic forum and came across this. Forgive me if this has been posted before.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/or...ac-powder.html

pjsam1156 11-30-2011 02:45 PM

WOW! That WAS interesting!:) I wonder how you would eat/use them? And what to add for different flavor?:confused:

Dottie 11-30-2011 03:10 PM

I only watched part, what did he do with them after he dumped them into the other pot? It looked like he was burning them lol.

pjsam1156 11-30-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15215076)
I only watched part, what did he do with them after he dumped them into the other pot? It looked like he was burning them lol.

They didn't show that part. They just showed him throwing them into the pot when they were done (burned?):hyst:

Beeb 11-30-2011 07:27 PM

This guys kitchen is disgusting!! I wouldn't eat anything he made!! :sick:

But, it is interesting how he used the gluc powder to make the "dumplings".

sazzie 11-30-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15215622)

^^^^^^This!!!

The idea may be sound though! Don't think I'll be trying it any time soon!

pjsam1156 11-30-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

true that!:hyst::rofl:

julietcc 11-30-2011 08:49 PM

The 2 mystery foods that kind of scare me are shirataki and Glucomannan. I'm afraid to even click on the link! I've had shirataki noodles in my fridge for about 3 months and with all the talk of rinsing them REALLY well, they may sit there forever! I might just watch to see how gross the kitchen is :hyst:

julietcc 11-30-2011 09:00 PM

OK so his kitchen is disgusting but I was definitely intrigued. They are sort of like hash browns. I was wondering how's they taste with salt and pepper!

sophiethecat 11-30-2011 10:40 PM

:hyst: This thread is cracking me up! :laugh:

sophiethecat 11-30-2011 11:01 PM

OK, I had to watch it out of morbid curiosity! LoL. I love his running commentary - lots of gems there one could pull out, such as the warning "do not swallow the powder, it will suck up all the juices in your chest!" And his idea that "they should use this (glucommanan powder) instead of sandbags the next time we have a flood."

:hyst:

I'm sure he's right though!! :)

Dottie 12-01-2011 02:07 AM

I liked the "don't lose more than 20 - 25 pounds a week" part lol:)

artsyfartsy 12-01-2011 04:11 AM

Chicken broth instead of water would be better. It is interesting.

Kitchen was gross. I think that gave me the have the urge to clean.:NOT!

kris4chloe 12-01-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

But, it is interesting how he used the gluc powder to make the "dumplings".

:hyst: that is all i could see. seriously dude? and did he pour the powder onto a crockpot lid? i may give it a try, don't know. seems so foreign.

Julie I have had shirtaki twice, I have them in my fridge. They didn't taste bad, but I can only eat so many as to much really makes my tummy hurt.

also I do NOT like seafood whatsoever and they are stored in some sort of fish oil, so the process of opening the bag and rinsing them really well and having to smell that really turns me off. I guess that is why the bag is still in my fridge.

Beeb 12-01-2011 06:22 AM

I wrote a thread on our JUDDD forum about how I now thought these noodles were good and in their own way they are but the process I have to go through to make them somewhat like a texture I can eat is just not worth it to me anymore.

I will just save my noodle eating (real noodles) for my UDs and using spiral veggie noodles for my DDs. :)

pjsam1156 12-01-2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15215885)

:goodpost::hyst:

sophiethecat 12-01-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15215885)

:hyst: Yes, that was another one! lol.

pooticus 12-01-2011 07:35 AM

Not to defend the guy, but you really need oil to fry those dumplings to make them yummy. And they spatter something crazy. The stove gets covered in spatters and pops! LOL. My stove looks like his when done.

But I love them. However for me, they don't work for a DD cuz of the oil I use to fry them. I do use chicken broth and spices and some WF Asian Dressing and sometimes Sesame Oil, Sambal Oelek, and also Coconut Aminos (soy replacer).

SoHappy 12-01-2011 08:10 AM

Another one here who did the gluco-dumplings idea a few times, way back when. :) I could get around a lot of the frying oil spatter all over by using my big non-stick skillet and a bit of PAM oil spray, and that allowed the stuff to fry up pretty well without a lot of grease. And I did like the sticky-chewy little globby chunks pretty well when I made this out of, basically, really thick General Tso sauce stuff.

But I'm another one who eats very, very little fake or substitute foods anymore. I used to have a lot of stuff in my refrigerator, one side for the real stuff for Up Days, and the other side for the low calorie substitute stuff for my Down Days.

These days, I just mostly eat real food. Period. Modest portions on my DD, keeping in mind that it is basically a fasting day. And lavish food choices and reasonable portions, as in.. normal-sized portions on my Up Days.

But I still use glucomannan powder for thickening broths, shakes, etc.