Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Would this be weird: salmon and sweet potatoes? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747342-would-weird-salmon-sweet-potatoes.html)

piratejenny 11-29-2011 04:43 PM

Would this be weird: salmon and sweet potatoes?

I started to cook some sweet potatoes for my dinner, but the only protein I have in the house is frozen meatballs or frozen Italian sausage, and neither are appealing to me right now...then I realized I have a couple cans of salmon, which I eat VERY rarely, but I could make some croquettes.

This just seems like a sort of bizarre combination--maybe it's because I'm not hungry yet, so nothing really "sounds good" right now; or would these things be totally gross together?!
What do you think?

TIA! :)

dasiey 11-29-2011 04:52 PM

salmon sounds good to me. with sweet potatos sounds even better.
I would bake my sweet,or how about sweet potato fries.

mayleesa 11-29-2011 05:01 PM

haha my doggies food is white fish and sweet potatoes....he's allergic to everything....that's the first thing that popped into my head when i read the first line....i think it sounds YUMMY!!!! ps....he seems to love it! sorry but thanks for the chuckle

piratejenny 11-29-2011 05:05 PM

lol, mayleesa!

Actually, I hope it didn't sound like I am going to smush them together...
I am going to have a whole sweet potato with lots of butter,
and something (salmon, I guess!) on the side! :)

mrob 11-29-2011 05:49 PM

i think salmon and sweet potatoes is a classic combination. i like the salmon grilled with BBQ sauce, and the sweet potatoes sliced and baked in a gratin with cream and chipotle puree.

Janknitz 11-29-2011 05:53 PM

That's exactly what I had for dinner last night--salmon patty and sweet potato (plus broccoli and zucchini). It was YUMMY! I saved the second half of my sweet potato and a salmon patty for lunch.

DH makes the salmon patties from canned, wild caught salmon with flax, onions, celery. He coats them in almond flour and sautes them in coconut oil. Yum, Yum!!! :yummy:

I like a little curry mayonnaise as a dipping sauce for the salmon.

piratejenny 11-29-2011 08:39 PM

MrRob--omg, sounds so good! I didn't get that fancy tonight, though. :cry:

Janknitz--
I had my salmon patties with spicy mayo!
And saved 1/2 my sweet potato for dessert w/cinnamon & SF maple syrup.

pjsam1156 11-29-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrob (Post 15212452)
i think salmon and sweet potatoes is a classic combination. i like the salmon grilled with BBQ sauce, and the sweet potatoes sliced and baked in a gratin with cream and chipotle puree.

TOTALLY off subject, but I have two children at MSU!! GO GREEN!:jumpjoy:

shirlc 11-30-2011 09:49 AM

I made baked salmon and sweet potato fries for DH last night! Since yesterday was a DD for me and I ate lower calorie food, I will have the the leftover salmon and fries for lunch today.