Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
moonmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,382
Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
Not really "letting loose" on my UD!!

Sorry...lots of posts..I do that when I start something new!

I see, I see, I see how that low DD sort of "resets" you. I don't really want to overeat today. I want to feel "light" still.

I've eaten three meals today and I'm just under 900 calories. I've been weirding out on ******. My meals are too even and perfect.

I'd like to relax a little but I'm kind of obsessing.

It would be nice to just sort of "eat" on my UD without tracking, tracking, tracking.

I'm guessing things will feel more natural after awhile.
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi Moon!
I had a similar problem, and am now following sohappys suggestion for me...it is early day, but it is working so far!
Check it out here, and let me know what you think!

Struggling on my UD's would NOT counting Calories on UD's help?

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
moonmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,382
Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
Uh oh...jumped headlong into the carbs.

Should I really give this two weeks?
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
moonmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,382
Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
I was at around 900 cals for the day.

Amazingly, I just logged in what I ate in the last hour.

It was 2,100 calories.

Total for the day: around 3,000 cals with 300g's of carbohydrate.

That was not fun.
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
Sorry...lots of posts..I do that when I start something new!

I see, I see, I see how that low DD sort of "resets" you. I don't really want to overeat today. I want to feel "light" still.

I've eaten three meals today and I'm just under 900 calories. I've been weirding out on ******. My meals are too even and perfect.

I'd like to relax a little but I'm kind of obsessing.

It would be nice to just sort of "eat" on my UD without tracking, tracking, tracking.

I'm guessing things will feel more natural after awhile.
There is another thread on here talking about this, but for the life of me I can't find it for the life of me, sorry!

YOU GOTTA EAT!!. I suggest this link and also I suggest you track, at least for the first 2 weeks or even more until you can honestly say you have a handle on your meals for both DDs and UDs and pretty much KNOW the foods and their calories. I STILL track, both days. I'm just not that "sure" yet to let loose.


Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
Uh oh...jumped headlong into the carbs.

Should I really give this two weeks?
JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!! Another link. My thought is this and always has been: If you do the program as suggested, at least pretty closely, in the first 2 weeks you give the JUDDD WOE a fighting chance to work it's "magic" for you. And if the worry of eating too many carbs is giving you grief than stay LC. Many have and many are happy doing a LC/JUDDD WOE.

AND even though Joedi's rotation is a great one, she is also in maintenance and can afford the Free Days she has there. I would not suggest anyone do this unless they are at goal or very close. This can become a time bomb if you are trying to figure out JUDDD and just decide to do a FD in place of an UD. You most likely WILL over eat and probably by more than you would like.
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-27-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
I was at around 900 cals for the day.

Amazingly, I just logged in what I ate in the last hour.

It was 2,100 calories.

Total for the day: around 3,000 cals with 300g's of carbohydrate.

That was not fun.
No, not off to a good start but not a failure either. Moon, I want to suggest you read the thread on our board here. There is lots of good ideas, suggestions and plans to help you stay on track. Some do much better staying within their calorie ceiling if they plan ahead the day before on what they are going to eat, tracking in a journal in advance of the DD or UD.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
moonmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,382
Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
Still giving this a go. Ready for the down day, which was ten times easier than the bingy up day.

In fact, I could probably go below 500 and not have trouble at all.

This experiment is solely to see if I can eat "regular food" and lose or maintain my weight.

Doing LC on Juddd doesn't make sense in my situation, as I can lose weight on regular LC with full calories! In fact, I get appetite suppression on LC and LC feels more "natural" as time goes on.

Yesterday I had a feeling of deja vu, and I realized I felt like I was on weight watchers! I hadn't had that "hungry calorie counting" feeling in a very, very long while. Tracking like that on an UD with so much hunger will not work for me at all, so I need to either get used to less calories and be able to feel comfortable on less food, or I'll need to go back to LC.

Its an interesting experiment, for sure!
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
Still giving this a go. Ready for the down day, which was ten times easier than the bingy up day.

In fact, I could probably go below 500 and not have trouble at all.

This experiment is solely to see if I can eat "regular food" and lose or maintain my weight.

Doing LC on Juddd doesn't make sense in my situation, as I can lose weight on regular LC with full calories! In fact, I get appetite suppression on LC and LC feels more "natural" as time goes on.

Yesterday I had a feeling of deja vu, and I realized I felt like I was on weight watchers! I hadn't had that "hungry calorie counting" feeling in a very, very long while. Tracking like that on an UD with so much hunger will not work for me at all, so I need to either get used to less calories and be able to feel comfortable on less food, or I'll need to go back to LC.

Its an interesting experiment, for sure!
OK, if LC works very well for you, why change? If it's because you want to eat other foods besides LC, there are great recipes to make subs for the foods you are wanting.

I just think if it ain't broke, why fix it?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
moonmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,382
Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
OK, if LC works very well for you, why change? If it's because you want to eat other foods besides LC, there are great recipes to make subs for the foods you are wanting.

I just think if it ain't broke, why fix it?
I feel unsatisfied. Tired of the low-carb diet.

It works for weight loss when I stick to it, but I just want a change.

I may have to go back to it, though.
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
I feel unsatisfied. Tired of the low-carb diet.

It works for weight loss when I stick to it, but I just want a change.

I may have to go back to it, though.
same here. I can always lose weight when I LC, but I'm SOOOOO sick of all the foods and all the "forbidden" foods. And because I get sick of it so often, I never stuck w/LC long enough to make goal. ever.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
I feel unsatisfied. Tired of the low-carb diet.

It works for weight loss when I stick to it, but I just want a change.

I may have to go back to it, though.
I totally understand this ^^^! And like I always say: We all need to do what works for US!! Hope you find your fit, Moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
same here. I can always lose weight when I LC, but I'm SOOOOO sick of all the foods and all the "forbidden" foods. And because I get sick of it so often, I never stuck w/LC long enough to make goal. ever.
Is JUDDD helping you with staying on plan? I'm so interested in this because, like you, I just couldn't do LC forever, even when I made goal. It just didn't work for me with all the forbidden foods. either!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,416
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Just thought MM. I do not do JUDDD as written--too bingey on my UD's. Instead, I do DD's til dinner and then have a nice dinner with carbs. Works much better for me and keeps the bingemonster quiet. I think sometimes bingers have to find a different adaptation.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
moonmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,382
Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/184.8/140
Start Date: 5/21/14
Binge monster has taken over.

I think I'm too addicted to food for Juddd.

I'm happy that so many of you have found peace with it, but it seems my peace is with LC.

I realized this morning that like an alcoholic who avoids booze, LC is my "abstinent diet."

Time to find joy somewhere other than food.

I wish you all the best!!
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
JUDDD is for calorie cycling, and works with any woe. JUDDD itself is not a high carb diet, just calorie cycling for whatever diet you use (low carb, high carb, weight watcher's, etc. etc.) If you want to use JUDDD for the health benefits of the calorie restriction, then what about doing a low to moderate carb woe with it? You don't have to dive headfirst into carbs just because you're on JUDDD. But if you are tired of the limited food available on LC, you could introduce a few carb things back into your UD if you wanted... start out with whole grains for one example - a sandwich on whole grain bread at lunch, and stick to LC for the rest of your meals.

Actually, there are many ways you could work carbs in without going completely off your LC ways. Either have one meal per day contains some carbs (and it doesn't mean they have to be sweets) or one carb item per meal... or just one UD per week where you have any kind of carbs that you want.

Let us know how you're doing, MoonMirror - keep us updated in whatever you decide
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
JUDDD is for calorie cycling, and works with any woe. JUDDD itself is not a high carb diet, just calorie cycling for whatever diet you use (low carb, high carb, weight watcher's, etc. etc.) If you want to use JUDDD for the health benefits of the calorie restriction, then what about doing a low to moderate carb woe with it? You don't have to dive headfirst into carbs just because you're on JUDDD. But if you are tired of the limited food available on LC, you could introduce a few carb things back into your UD if you wanted... start out with whole grains for one example - a sandwich on whole grain bread at lunch, and stick to LC for the rest of your meals.

Actually, there are many ways you could work carbs in without going completely off your LC ways. Either have one meal per day contains some carbs (and it doesn't mean they have to be sweets) or one carb item per meal... or just one UD per week where you have any kind of carbs that you want.

Let us know how you're doing, MoonMirror - keep us updated in whatever you decide
and hope you stop by to say hello and let us know how you are doing, Moon!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.