Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Not really "letting loose" on my UD!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/747065-not-really-letting-loose-my-ud.html)

moonmirror 11-27-2011 02:46 PM

Not really "letting loose" on my UD!!

Sorry...lots of posts..I do that when I start something new!

I see, I see, I see how that low DD sort of "resets" you. I don't really want to overeat today. I want to feel "light" still.

I've eaten three meals today and I'm just under 900 calories. I've been weirding out on ******. My meals are too even and perfect.

I'd like to relax a little but I'm kind of obsessing.

It would be nice to just sort of "eat" on my UD without tracking, tracking, tracking.

I'm guessing things will feel more natural after awhile.

Joedi 11-27-2011 02:54 PM

Hi Moon!
I had a similar problem, and am now following sohappys suggestion for me...it is early day, but it is working so far!
Check it out here, and let me know what you think!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...-uds-help.html

hugs
Jo
x

moonmirror 11-27-2011 06:03 PM

Uh oh...jumped headlong into the carbs. :(

Should I really give this two weeks?

moonmirror 11-27-2011 06:46 PM

I was at around 900 cals for the day.

Amazingly, I just logged in what I ate in the last hour.

It was 2,100 calories. :(

Total for the day: around 3,000 cals with 300g's of carbohydrate.

That was not fun.

Beeb 11-27-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15206538)
Sorry...lots of posts..I do that when I start something new!

I see, I see, I see how that low DD sort of "resets" you. I don't really want to overeat today. I want to feel "light" still.

I've eaten three meals today and I'm just under 900 calories. I've been weirding out on ******. My meals are too even and perfect.

I'd like to relax a little but I'm kind of obsessing.

It would be nice to just sort of "eat" on my UD without tracking, tracking, tracking.

I'm guessing things will feel more natural after awhile.

There is another thread on here talking about this, but for the life of me I can't find it for the life of me, sorry! :dunno:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...gotta-eat.html. I suggest this link and also I suggest you track, at least for the first 2 weeks or even more until you can honestly say you have a handle on your meals for both DDs and UDs and pretty much KNOW the foods and their calories. I STILL track, both days. I'm just not that "sure" yet to let loose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15206944)
Uh oh...jumped headlong into the carbs. :(

Should I really give this two weeks?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...weeks-all.html Another link. My thought is this and always has been: If you do the program as suggested, at least pretty closely, in the first 2 weeks you give the JUDDD WOE a fighting chance to work it's "magic" for you. And if the worry of eating too many carbs is giving you grief than stay LC. Many have and many are happy doing a LC/JUDDD WOE.

AND even though Joedi's rotation is a great one, she is also in maintenance and can afford the Free Days she has there. I would not suggest anyone do this unless they are at goal or very close. This can become a time bomb if you are trying to figure out JUDDD and just decide to do a FD in place of an UD. You most likely WILL over eat and probably by more than you would like.

Beeb 11-27-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15207004)
I was at around 900 cals for the day.

Amazingly, I just logged in what I ate in the last hour.

It was 2,100 calories. :(

Total for the day: around 3,000 cals with 300g's of carbohydrate.

That was not fun.

No, not off to a good start but not a failure either. Moon, I want to suggest you read the thread on our board here. There is lots of good ideas, suggestions and plans to help you stay on track. Some do much better staying within their calorie ceiling if they plan ahead the day before on what they are going to eat, tracking in a journal in advance of the DD or UD.

moonmirror 11-28-2011 07:28 AM

Still giving this a go. Ready for the down day, which was ten times easier than the bingy up day.

In fact, I could probably go below 500 and not have trouble at all.

This experiment is solely to see if I can eat "regular food" and lose or maintain my weight.

Doing LC on Juddd doesn't make sense in my situation, as I can lose weight on regular LC with full calories! In fact, I get appetite suppression on LC and LC feels more "natural" as time goes on.

Yesterday I had a feeling of deja vu, and I realized I felt like I was on weight watchers! I hadn't had that "hungry calorie counting" feeling in a very, very long while. Tracking like that on an UD with so much hunger will not work for me at all, so I need to either get used to less calories and be able to feel comfortable on less food, or I'll need to go back to LC.

Its an interesting experiment, for sure!

Beeb 11-28-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15207773)
Still giving this a go. Ready for the down day, which was ten times easier than the bingy up day.

In fact, I could probably go below 500 and not have trouble at all.

This experiment is solely to see if I can eat "regular food" and lose or maintain my weight.

Doing LC on Juddd doesn't make sense in my situation, as I can lose weight on regular LC with full calories! In fact, I get appetite suppression on LC and LC feels more "natural" as time goes on.

Yesterday I had a feeling of deja vu, and I realized I felt like I was on weight watchers! I hadn't had that "hungry calorie counting" feeling in a very, very long while. Tracking like that on an UD with so much hunger will not work for me at all, so I need to either get used to less calories and be able to feel comfortable on less food, or I'll need to go back to LC.

Its an interesting experiment, for sure!

OK, if LC works very well for you, why change? If it's because you want to eat other foods besides LC, there are great recipes to make subs for the foods you are wanting.

I just think if it ain't broke, why fix it? :dunno:

moonmirror 11-28-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15207804)
OK, if LC works very well for you, why change? If it's because you want to eat other foods besides LC, there are great recipes to make subs for the foods you are wanting.

I just think if it ain't broke, why fix it? :dunno:

I feel unsatisfied. Tired of the low-carb diet.

It works for weight loss when I stick to it, but I just want a change.

I may have to go back to it, though.

pjsam1156 11-28-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15207855)

same here. I can always lose weight when I LC, but I'm SOOOOO sick of all the foods:sick: and all the "forbidden" foods. And because I get sick of it so often, I never stuck w/LC long enough to make goal. ever.:o

Beeb 11-28-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15207855)

I totally understand this ^^^! And like I always say: We all need to do what works for US!! Hope you find your fit, Moon! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsam1156 (Post 15208136)
same here. I can always lose weight when I LC, but I'm SOOOOO sick of all the foods:sick: and all the "forbidden" foods. And because I get sick of it so often, I never stuck w/LC long enough to make goal. ever.:o

Is JUDDD helping you with staying on plan? I'm so interested in this because, like you, I just couldn't do LC forever, even when I made goal. It just didn't work for me with all the forbidden foods. either! :down:

ouizoid 11-28-2011 10:58 AM

Just thought MM. I do not do JUDDD as written--too bingey on my UD's. Instead, I do DD's til dinner and then have a nice dinner with carbs. Works much better for me and keeps the bingemonster quiet. I think sometimes bingers have to find a different adaptation.

moonmirror 11-28-2011 11:03 AM

Binge monster has taken over. :(

I think I'm too addicted to food for Juddd.

I'm happy that so many of you have found peace with it, but it seems my peace is with LC.

I realized this morning that like an alcoholic who avoids booze, LC is my "abstinent diet."

Time to find joy somewhere other than food.

I wish you all the best!! :hugs:

sophiethecat 11-28-2011 12:05 PM

JUDDD is for calorie cycling, and works with any woe. JUDDD itself is not a high carb diet, just calorie cycling for whatever diet you use (low carb, high carb, weight watcher's, etc. etc.) If you want to use JUDDD for the health benefits of the calorie restriction, then what about doing a low to moderate carb woe with it? You don't have to dive headfirst into carbs just because you're on JUDDD. :hugs: But if you are tired of the limited food available on LC, you could introduce a few carb things back into your UD if you wanted... start out with whole grains for one example - a sandwich on whole grain bread at lunch, and stick to LC for the rest of your meals.

Actually, there are many ways you could work carbs in without going completely off your LC ways. Either have one meal per day contains some carbs (and it doesn't mean they have to be sweets) or one carb item per meal... or just one UD per week where you have any kind of carbs that you want. :dunno:

Let us know how you're doing, MoonMirror :hugs: - keep us updated in whatever you decide :high5:

Beeb 11-28-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15208562)
JUDDD is for calorie cycling, and works with any woe. JUDDD itself is not a high carb diet, just calorie cycling for whatever diet you use (low carb, high carb, weight watcher's, etc. etc.) If you want to use JUDDD for the health benefits of the calorie restriction, then what about doing a low to moderate carb woe with it? You don't have to dive headfirst into carbs just because you're on JUDDD. :hugs: But if you are tired of the limited food available on LC, you could introduce a few carb things back into your UD if you wanted... start out with whole grains for one example - a sandwich on whole grain bread at lunch, and stick to LC for the rest of your meals.

Actually, there are many ways you could work carbs in without going completely off your LC ways. Either have one meal per day contains some carbs (and it doesn't mean they have to be sweets) or one carb item per meal... or just one UD per week where you have any kind of carbs that you want. :dunno:

Let us know how you're doing, MoonMirror :hugs: - keep us updated in whatever you decide :high5:

:goodpost: and hope you stop by to say hello and let us know how you are doing, Moon! :hugs: