Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   When you are out of calories on your DD . . . (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746991-when-you-out-calories-your-dd.html)

julietcc 11-26-2011 04:32 PM

When you are out of calories on your DD . . .

What do you do to distract yourself from eating anything else that night? Give me your list!

I had accidentally posted this on the Main Lobby and had to report it to get it removed :o

Here are some of mine:

Drink water, tea, or diet soda
Try to find a really good show on TV to keep me distracted.
Brush and floss my teeth well and pop a breath mint
Chew gum
Think about what the scale might say the next morning
Think about how great I feel when I see a certain number or a new low on the scale
Remember that Christmas is a month away and I better be on track for that next food fest!
Remember that it's the down days that make the magic of JUDDD happen!
Think about what I really want for breakfast tomorrow and that I only have to wait until then.
Give up and go to bed early! :D

gardengoddess 11-26-2011 04:41 PM

I track my weight and calories on My Fitness Pal on my phone. If I'm out of calories, I will gaze lovingly at the ziggy downward line on the weight graph.

Speck333 11-26-2011 04:45 PM

I think first the best thing to do is the plan out the DD very carefully. But even so, I've been very hungry on them and drinking coffee, eating sf jello and taking a glucomannan capsule with a huge glass of water generally helps.

Dottie 11-26-2011 04:52 PM

I have some broth. I figure that 5-10 calories isn't going to be a problem and the broth is very satisfying for me:)

julietcc 11-26-2011 05:03 PM

My 10 calorie bouillon cubes work good for me too!

SoHappy 11-26-2011 05:11 PM

I drink water until I'm floating away.

Running out of DD calories before I run out of day was always the one thing that ruined me more than anything else. These days if I'm doing tiny DDs, I really plan it out, and I allow very little until much later in the day. And I also make sure I have food for the evening hours.

And, I drink big glasses of water, full of ice cubes and with a big fat straw. Don't have any idea why that would help, but it does.

vilanteira 11-26-2011 05:15 PM

Herbal tea (since I can't have coffee after 3pm or I won't sleep), finding things I really enjoy doing or just about anything I can think of, really, to distract myself. The last couple times I ran out of calories on DDs way before bedtime surprisingly turned out to be productive. One time I ended up cleaning and rearranging my closets, and another time I cleared up and sorted my external hard drive after about 2 years of putting it off. :up:

But it definitely does help to look at the progress I've made so far and to think about how much I want to reach goal without sabotaging myself again.

Currently distracting myself by browsing this forum and sipping herbal tea. :laugh:

pjsam1156 11-26-2011 05:18 PM

When I am out of DD cals, and maybe already have had some broth or tea, I keep my computer on my laptop and browse this forum:love:, FB, and do puzzles online. Merely watching one of my fav things on TV will just make me want to eat. I need to be doing something w/my hands as well.:D

dasiey 11-26-2011 05:28 PM

I have more trouble on my uds then my dds.

So if I could just master my uds.
I could be a winner for sure.

Low Carb Librarian 11-26-2011 06:17 PM

You all covered everything I would have said. I will look back for more ideas!

Lori-s 11-26-2011 06:27 PM

One thing I have always done is put into my planner a Diet Swiss Miss Cocoa. So, no matter what I always have 25 calories on the books. I use that as a signal to my body that I've done a good job and that my day is done. So I have my cocoa at 8pm every DD . Most times I will add a SF Jello with it but, the cocoa is the very last thing I have. A sort of a reward and signal that all has ended well. So no matter what I always have those 25 chocolate calories coming at the end of the DD. :yummy:

julietcc 11-26-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori-s (Post 15205067)
One thing I have always done is put into my planner a Diet Swiss Miss Cocoa. So, no matter what I always have 25 calories on the books. I use that as a signal to my body that I've done a good job and that my day is done. So I have my cocoa at 8pm every DD . Most times I will add a SF Jello with it but, the cocoa is the very last thing I have. A sort of a reward and signal that all has ended well. So no matter what I always have those 25 chocolate calories coming at the end of the DD. :yummy:

I love this! A nice chocolaty reward :love: I'm going to do this for my DD tomorrow and make it a DD ritual. Heck I have 3 boxes in my cupboard and have only had 2 cups in the month I've been on JUDDD.

itsmeshelly01 11-26-2011 06:47 PM

a whole cucumber is only like 25 calories. When im doing juddd they are my go to snack. If I don't really need food just simmering I eat sf jello with a squirt of fat free spray whipped cream.

sophiethecat 11-26-2011 07:16 PM

Drink a no-cal or low-cal drink... munch on low-cal raw veggies.

Chewing sticks of sugar-free gum, one stick after the other helps, but it takes a lot of sticks before I feel the hunger diminish.

dazygyrl 11-27-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15204859)
What do you do to distract yourself from eating anything else that night? Give me your list!

I had accidentally posted this on the Main Lobby and had to report it to get it removed :o

Here are some of mine:

Drink water, tea, or diet soda
Try to find a really good show on TV to keep me distracted.
Brush and floss my teeth well and pop a breath mint
Chew gum
Think about what the scale might say the next morning
Think about how great I feel when I see a certain number or a new low on the scale
Remember that Christmas is a month away and I better be on track for that next food fest!
Remember that it's the down days that make the magic of JUDDD happen!
Think about what I really want for breakfast tomorrow and that I only have to wait until then.
Give up and go to bed early! :D

YEP!!

it is so eerie how much i see myself in a LOT of your posts, julie. it's kind of fun! :high5: right down to our height and start weight. not quite the same weight *now*, but still so many similarities. :up:

chewing gum helps me a lot.

also drinking chicken broth.

Joedi 11-27-2011 06:31 AM

Like sohappy, I keep most of my cals for evening. I usually finish my day with a sweet, creamy bowl of oatmeal.
If I was out of cals, or wanting to eat them b4 I should....I try on my clothes!
Make up a new outfit, see how well they fit now I am at goal...see how far I have come when I try on the ones that are now a bit big!
I also have a bubblebath, and have a pamper.
Or try a new makeup look, usually something I wouldn't go out in, one of the looks from a fashion mag, or maybe a goth or vamp style.

Hope this helps!

Hugs
Jo
X

ouizoid 11-27-2011 07:20 AM

one or two bites of kimchee nukes my hunger--probably less then 10 calories--follow up with a mug of hot lemon crystal lite--no hunger at all--

This is my go-to trick all day on DDs

mattsmama 11-27-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori-s (Post 15205067)

What a fantastic idea!! I love this hot chocolate, and I am going to start doing this TONIGHT! Thanks for the great idea!:shake:

FremenChick 11-27-2011 04:08 PM

"Try to find a really good show on TV to keep me distracted."

Yep that's my go-to. Or I keep myself busy with walking or some kind of project.

I just started a new project sewing my own backpacking gear. I am starting with a tarp. This should keep me distracted for a while. It's hard!

Mommie22boys 11-27-2011 04:27 PM

<--------I'm a gum girl. When the hungries hit, I chew some yummy gum. My current fave is Extra apple pie flavor dessert gum.

Of course, sometimes I don't do so well and eat something.:o

Beeb 11-27-2011 08:12 PM

I don't start my day of eating until I'm very hungry and that is usually around 2 to 3 hours from waking up. Since I wake up late, my meals start late so I have lots of calories going into the evenings.

I also keep to my calorie allotment for the meal; 125 to 150 for first meal, same for the second meal, 100 calories for snack and then what is left over for my last meal. I get 700 to 800 calories on my DD and I find eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours keeps me on track and full throughout the day.

hockey_gal 11-28-2011 11:32 PM

I gotta look for some low cal cocoa since everyone here always raves about it :)

I'm a saver so I ALWAYS have calories at the end of the day, LOL. It's 11:30pm and I still have 44 calories left that I probably won't need. I can't sleep until hubby is home safely (he's had 2 serious car accidents in less than a year)...he usually gets home at 10:40pm and he's still not here. So sometimes I DO need those calories bc I might be up another couple of hours...