Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 211/196.6/150
Start Date: 12/08/14
How did you find your calorie limits?

Looking into Juddd to breathe some fresh air into my diet and eating. I'll still have a mostly low-carb household because I have teens that are firmly low-carb. Low-carb will be the backbone.

I see some folks talking about their cals and some are in the 500 range, some 300. How did you figure this out?

Also, I can figure out what an "FD" is, but what is an "MD?"

Thanks in advance!

I'm remembering when I did scarsdale and thinking my DD's will kind of be like that, and then I realized...wow, I can eat fresh grapefruit again!! That made me happy.
moonmirror is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
MD - is a middle day. You use an average of your calories to change your UD/DD rotation for special occasions. So say my birthday is tomm and today is an UD...then I do a MD and tomm an UD...and then DD then UD again.

I used the JUDDD website for my calorie counts and some think they are off. They certainly are for the DD bc mine came out at like 367 or something for optimal weight loss. I just use 500 as the lowest limit. I am down to 146 though and really shouldn't be TRYING to lose lots of weight so if I'm honest, I should have chose another option on there, LOL.

Thanks for the fresh grapefruit idea - I used to LOVE grapefruit. Haven't had it in years...

I am finding my body adjusting to down days. I'm struggling to keep calories down on UPs

Good luck and keep us posted,

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

When stress is weakening your will and your knees is when you need the TLC of LC the most.
hockey_gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Hi there Moonmirror and

If you go to this sticky: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html you will find three calculators. Most people average their UD calorie numbers out between the three as it seems that sometimes the JUDDD calculator give a higher number. also on the JUDDD site when you use the calculator in the drop down box it will give you a percentage to use for weight loss and calculate your DD number that way. So depending on how fast you want to lose or how close you are to your weight goal you can adjust you DD numbers by percentage. BTW most who are close to goal weight use their goal weight when putting in their current weight number into calculators.. Try plugging your number in and see what comes up. For myself personally the 300 and something calories that came up were just too scary for a down day to me and I decided to start at the default 500 calories on DD. I then worked down from that number once I got my DDs in control.

Also, MD means medium day and it is when you need to change your rotation for a special occasion or to fit a DD or UD into your schedule. To find your MD number you take your DD and UD numbers, add them together and divide by 2 to get the number of calories for your MD.

Hope that helps. If you have any trouble or concerns with your numbers that come up just post to the board and there is always someone around to help out.
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 211/196.6/150
Start Date: 12/08/14
It does help, thank you!

I'll check out that link soon.

Yes, definitely buying a big bag of fresh grapefruit today for a DD treat!
moonmirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Hello Moon
I saw your post on the main lobby and I wanted to tell you that I absolutely HAVE to have a decent amount of protein on DD's or else I'm starving.
This thread has some good ideas:
DD Staples

My dd's averaging consist of 6oz protein and a load of low-carb veggies (sometimes a low-cab pita).
I'm still experimenting with what I can, or can't, have as far as regular products like breads and things.
Coming off low-carb, IMO add anything carby back slowly and in small amounts to make sure they don't set your cravings off.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
When I started, I put my DD calories at 500 because it was more realistic for me.

Once you decide on your calorie numbers, I think it's helpful to put your numbers in an excel spreadsheet. I do this. One column is the date, one column in calories eaten, one column is weight that morning, and one column is whether it was an up day, down day, etc. It takes me less than a minute each day to put these numbers in.

It makes it so easy to highlight a week's worth or month's worth of calorie numbers and then hit the average key to see what your average calories were and if you should go lower on your calories if you aren't losing well. I learned that if my average calories are 1150 overall, I continue to lose weight. Since I am at maintenance, I know I should try for my averages to be 1200 or even higher if the scale keeps dropping.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I don't know if FD is used in the book, but I have seen it used as Free Day.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I don't know if FD is used in the book, but I have seen it used as Free Day.
It isnt!

I came about when I posted that I was having trouble relaxing and enjoying my UD's..I was getting obsessive over my calories, in fear I would run out!

Pat suggested that I try NOT counting every other UD...to see if that helped me to relax...in other words have some Free Days..and the FD was born!

My plan now looks like DD/UD/DD/FD/DD/UD/DD/FD.

It is working, though the scale bounces more...it has bounced to a new low...so I will be cautiously trying just DD/FF's for a while, to see how that goes (I think Sophiethecat is doing the same!)

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote