Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's SATURDAY - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746924-its-saturday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 11-25-2011 10:33 PM

It's SATURDAY - what are you eating?

UD for me. :) Going shopping with Mom. :)

hopetolose 11-26-2011 03:44 AM

UD for me. I am so excited. Definately going to have a piece of low carb cheesecake that I made for Thanksgiving plus I am not sure what else as of now. Will try to plan on having some veggies and more healthy things.

mayleesa 11-26-2011 03:51 AM

today is my very first down day.....need to plan out my day so i won't fail....enjoy ur UDs i think i can make it through this day knowing that tomorrow is leftoverpalooza

hopetolose 11-26-2011 04:19 AM

My DD was pretty difficult after having an UP day on Thursday, but made it through under 500. Leftovers seemed to be just calling my name
That was my second DD since I just started JUDD last Wednesday. I am so excited about doing this.
Have a great day.

pooticus 11-26-2011 05:51 AM

UD here so will be back later tonight to post about it!

Dottie 11-26-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 15203774)
UD here so will be back later tonight to post about it!

:hugs:

UD for me. We may go try a new brazillian steak house today and then do some shopping:)
B: coffee w/almond milk
D: new restaurant
S: depends on what I ate earlier lol :)

Dottie 11-26-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayleesa (Post 15203653)
today is my very first down day.....need to plan out my day so i won't fail....enjoy ur UDs i think i can make it through this day knowing that tomorrow is leftoverpalooza

Good luck! :)

mayleesa 11-26-2011 06:37 AM

thanks!!! so far so good....there are these greenbeans in a can that i love...i sectioned them out into 3 50calorie snack packs....just finished my first 50 for breakfast....gonna make some tuna with celery for lunch and maybe some sugarfree 10cal jello for a snack....this is definitely an interesting way to think about food coming off of lowcarb....i'm so excited!

Dottie 11-26-2011 06:57 AM

SoHappy mentioned that the smell of peppermint curbs appetite. I picked up a peppermint and eucalyptus candle and I keep it beside my computer because that's when I tend to get the munchies, and it works!

handbells 11-26-2011 07:25 AM

Thanks to a variety of issues, yesterday was a MD day for me, so today will be a DD!

B-nothing so far.
L-Soup
D-hummus and vegetables

julietcc 11-26-2011 08:09 AM

It's an up day and I swear I still feel full from Thanksgiving! I had 639 calories for my DD yesterday and shooting for maybe 1600 today. I'm still 3 pounds up from Thursday morning so I'm not pushing it.

I need to work on leftovers so I'm thinking:

B: coffee with half and half
L: Leftover turkey on a bun with lettuce and mayo, green bean casserole
D: Turkey sandwich again, cheese and salami skewer

Snacks to get me close to 1600.

Skinjob 11-26-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15203889)
SoHappy mentioned that the smell of peppermint curbs appetite. I picked up a peppermint and eucalyptus candle and I keep it beside my computer because that's when I tend to get the munchies, and it works!

I wonder if the same would apply to peppermint tea?

DD for me after messing this week up with two UDs in a row and a DD that turned into a MD. Darn holidays!

B: coffee with milk
S: garlic stuffed olives
L: small apple, broth, raw veggies
S: pickles
D: big salad with ff dressing, a few bites of salmon steak if I can "afford it."

MintQ8 11-26-2011 09:52 AM

DD here - second 1!

So far:
B = nothing (had som ff yoghurt handy in case - but wasn't hungry!!)
L = @ Nandos, 3 portobello mushrooms, 1 Mixed Leaf Salad, 1 Chicken Wing (hot) and a drizzle of the creamy dressing (so full afterwards - all for 122 cals - and I could have done without the chicken wing which would have made lunch only 62 cals - and I would have been full!!)
S - Skinny Flat White Coffee (small) and maybe some soup v soon!!
D - thinking of something along the lines of a Thai Tom Yum soup with prawns (the prawns come to 134 cals for 200gms).

Dependent on Soup and soup mixings for Tom Yum - currently at 309 cals for the day - may get to 400 - 450!!

Kissa 11-26-2011 01:30 PM

DD here too, almost the same as Vicky above except that I had no mushrooms and 4 chicken wings.

We did cook a great Tom Yum soup and it came to 137 cals!

My cals are 560, great. :)

(For anyone who is puzzled, I am Mint's mother, and we are doing this together.)

julietcc 11-26-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15204574)
(For anyone who is puzzled, I am Mint's mother, and we are doing this together.)

Awesome! I was trying to figure out who your daughter was. It's so great the two of you are doing this together :clap:

mayleesa 11-26-2011 03:59 PM

ok first day jitters almost over.....
349 calories all day, not too bad....i was able to split up my meals into small snacks all day and not feel like i was in peril....
breakfast and mid morning....1 cup old glory seasoned greenbeans - 50cal
lunch and mid afternoon......1 can tuna, mustard, 1 stalk celery, 2 pickles
just now...645pm.....1 cup cheerios, 1/2 cup skim milk...

********* tells me that my RDI is 1900 calories and it breaks it down to tell me that i'm at 18% of my daily intake....i know i'm good day one, AND i was off today and not at work where i'm on the go constantly...i'm hoping i can do this during the work week just as comfortably...

Mommie22boys 11-26-2011 05:48 PM

UD for me. As of this morning, I'm only up .4 over my low of Thanksgiving morning...down a whole pound since Wednesday. So, yay for that.

Today I'm making a thanksgiving-style dinner at our house. Since we ate at my in-laws the other day, we have no leftovers at our house. This is unacceptable, of course. ;) So, I'm doing a bunch of from-scratch stuff (which I never do, so this oughtta be good...:hyst:)

B: cappuccino
L: snack-ish...pretzels and veggie cheese spread, roll with nutella
D: turkey, cran sauce, stuffing, mac & cheese, small serving of acorn squash, 1/2 baked potato, gravy, a yeast roll and a slice of choc chip walnut banana bread.
S: 1/2 serving of ice cream

*** says I'm at 1799, but over 1000 of those calories came from my dinner, so I'm feeling pretty full. I aim for 1800-1850 on UDs, so I'm confidant that I'm done for the day. Sometimes it's hard to remember that I'm losing weight when I feel so full.:stars:

pooticus 11-27-2011 06:25 AM

Ok, went a little crazy yesterday. I ate 4 meals. Holy Moly! I watched Christmas movies on Hallmark Channel all day and ate every sausage and cured meat product I had in the house and everything added up quickly. An astonishing 148g of protein and 2lbs later... oh well, today is a new day and a MD and I will stick to the 1000cals for the day.

11.26.11 UD Totals and Menu

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/w...2611UDMenu.jpg

sophiethecat 11-27-2011 06:49 AM

Shopped all day. We ate at Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch. Had lobster & crab chowder, bread & butter, salad, some macaroni, had a beef sandwich, some chips... then for dinner, at Wendy's. a value meal. I had some chocolate and candy later in the evening, along with wine. My calorie intake must have been huge, but I don't count UD anymore. :)