Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Getting to know our JUDDD Buds

This board is so great and everyone is so supportive. I feel like we are a family here but I want to know more about you all! So please indulge everyone here and answer any or all of these questions Feel free to add more questions too!

Whereabouts do you live?
Are you married, single, or other?
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?
How many siblings do you have?
Do you have any pets?
What are you proud of?
What is your greatest accomplishment?
What are you struggling with right now?
What are some things you'd like to do in the future?
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do?
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Do you have any hobbies?
What's your favorite indoor activity?
What's your favorite outdoor activity?
how do you usually spend your free time?
How do people describe you?
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie?
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue?
What are your pet peeves?
What makes you happy?
What is something unique about you that we should know?
What do you want for Christmas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
you first!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Fair enough Hold on.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Whereabouts do you live? SE Michigan
Are you married, single, or other? married--29 years
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 25, 21 (girls), 18 (boy)
How many siblings do you have? 2 sisters; 1 brother
Do you have any pets? 2 jack russells (see avatar)
What are you proud of? my children
What is your greatest accomplishment? my children
What are you struggling with right now? out-of-control, stress eating; no motivation for exercise
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? spend time w/grandchildren; travel w/my husband
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? Part-time proofreader/editor--yes, I like it because it is part-time
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? pasta, cold fruit, cake (w/frosting)
Do you have any hobbies? puzzles (word/logic/sudoku; not put-together ones); reading; watching TV w/my daughters
What's your favorite indoor activity? see hobbies
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Disney World vacations w/fam
how do you usually spend your free time? see hobbies
How do people describe you? loud; funny; compassionate
What is your favorite TV show, movie? 48 Hours Mystery; Dateline on ID; Grey's Anatomy; Forensic Files; Top Chef; Sleepless in Seattle
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? Disney World is fav; would like to go to Hawaii and Italy
What are your pet peeves? People who complain about things when they don't have all the facts (and think they do)
What makes you happy? my family
What is something unique about you that we should know? I am probably the most self-conscious person in the world
What do you want for Christmas? Continued health and well-being
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whereabouts do you live? I live in Orange County. I moved here from San Diego 10 years ago when I got divorced. My childhood was in Missouri on an air force base from the ages 5-10.

Are you married, single, or other? I'm single. Just broke up with a man I dated for 15 months in September. I'm enjoying my freedom!

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? I have 2 sons 17, and almost 19. The youngest is at home at the oldest lives at college only 20miles away.

How many siblings do you have? One older brother who is a doctor.

Do you have any pets? A cat and a chihuahua.

What are you proud of? Raising my kids on my own without the help of my absent ex.

What is your greatest accomplishment? Same as above and that I strive to be a good person everyday.

What are you struggling with right now? I struggle financially, may never own a home, but we get by OK.

What are some things you'd like to do in the future? I'd like to fall in love again and do some traveling.

Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I am a program supervisor for 8 caseworkers that do parent education with high risk mothers of infants and young toddlers. I love my job!

If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Pizza, cheesecake, and pie (only if they don't make you gain weight!)

Do you have any hobbies? I used to do things like scrapbooking, rubber stamping, woodburning, etc. but I don't have any hobbies right now.

What's your favorite indoor activity? I like reading, surfing the web, bowling, watching tv, hanging out with friends, shooting pool, and eating in restaurants.

What's your favorite outdoor activity? Exploring new places and sometimes shopping.

How do you usually spend your free time? I'm usually worn out after work and send a lot of time relaxing on my sofa or doing one of the activities above.

How do people describe you? People say I am very sweet and that I am funny because I say things they wouldn't expect me to say. I look all sweet an innocent but I've been know to say things they don't expect! They also say that I am very laid back and mellow because most things don't appear to bother me.

What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? I haven't read a book in awhile besides diet books! I have a short attention span and prefer reading things on the net right now. For that reason, I don't watch to many movies either. On TV I watch some random sitcoms, Revenge, American Horror Story, Desperate Housewives, and Jersey Shore

Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I traveled throughout Europe after college, and have been to Hawaii and Mexico. Two years ago I went on a trip to Greece that included a cruise. My mom took me because I was born there and she always wanted to take me. My mom is great!

What are your pet peeves? I suppose my biggest one is people that are inconsiderate or clueless. If I hold a door open for you or say Hi to you, it would be nice to say thank you or say Hi back.

What makes you happy? My family, my children, JUDDD because I can eat pie and cookies again, my pets, that I don't think I look too bad at my age, my job and that I work 4 miles from my house, that I live in a place that has great weather.

What is something unique about you that we should know? Yikes. I can't come up with anything!

What do you want for Christmas? A new sofa and love seat, a 32 inch flat screen TV, and more lint rollers!

Last edited by julietcc; 11-25-2011 at 07:39 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
Whereabouts do you live? Indiana
Are you married, single, or other?married
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?I have one daughter, age 13
How many siblings do you have?2 sisters, both younger than me
Do you have any pets?bearded dragon and a min pin
What are you proud of?losing weight
What is your greatest accomplishment?quiting smoking
What are you struggling with right now?weight
What are some things you'd like to do in the future?move out of this state
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do?yep. I work at a movie theater. yes I love my job plus free movies!
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?I have no idea
Do you have any hobbies?reading, writing poetry and short stories, cooking and baking
What's your favorite indoor activity?not real sure
What's your favorite outdoor activity?walking or hiking
how do you usually spend your free time?whatever I feel like
How do people describe you?not sure and not sure I wanna know, lol
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie?I have alot of favorites
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue?not real sure
What are your pet peeves?too many to count,lol
What makes you happy?being drama free
What is something unique about you that we should know?I'm not sure
What do you want for Christmas?not really sure

As you can see, I'm really boring
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Whereabouts do you live? Texas
Are you married, single, or other? Married
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? Son-26/daughter - 24
How many siblings do you have? 1sister
Do you have any pets? No
What are you proud of? Having the courage to leave a 25 yr unhappy marriage
What is your greatest accomplishment? Stopped smoking
What are you struggling with right now? My new husband's impending retirement
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Travel more
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? Library director
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Bananas, cheese & chicken
Do you have any hobbies? Baking
What's your favorite indoor activity? Cooking/ baking
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Gardening
How do you usually spend your free time? Computing
How do people describe you? Happy, honest, sincere, & fun
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? Too many to list
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Italy & France
Where would you like to go if money was no issue? Azores (where I was born)
What are your pet peeves? Disrespectful people
What makes you happy? Most things. I am generally a happy person
What is something unique about you that we should know? Let me get back with you on that
What do you want for Christmas? To see my son (he lives in CA)

It's not about PERFECT. It's about EFFORT. And when you implement that effort into your life...EVERY SINGLE DAY, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs. KEEP GOING. Remember why you STARTED.

I have not smoked a cigarette in over 1400 days!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Whereabouts do you live? Southern California (between Orange County and San Diego County near Temecula)
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? Yep, 5 kids. 3 boys. 16, 14, 5 and 2 girls 10 and 3
How many siblings do you have? 1 younger brother
Do you have any pets? two scottish fold kitties and one black lab/boxer mix rampant teenage puppy
What are you proud of? my kids and that i grew up in a pretty crappy situation and where i am now regardless of it
What is your greatest accomplishment? see above, but recently finally getting this weight off
What are you struggling with right now? finances
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? travel, take my kids places i never went to. my youngest kids have never been to disneyland and it has been years since my oldest kids went, i am trying to make it a reality in the next year.
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? i work part time at home depot at the service desk dealing with special orders/installs, but i also have my own web design company but due to slow economy i have to have a "real job"
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? mexican food, italian food and ice cream but only if i could not gain weight eating that way.
Do you have any hobbies? the computer, no time for anything else.
What's your favorite indoor activity? playing games with the kids, cooking, baking, watching movies
What's your favorite outdoor activity? going to the beach, hiking, parks
how do you usually spend your free time? on the computer, church functions, or kid activities
How do people describe you? loud and pretty wordy (if you couldn't tell) but also very laid back and easy going.
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? love House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Glee. The only ones I make sure I am current on.
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I have only been to Mexico (Mazatlan), Washington, Arizon, Nevada and Utah. I would love to go to Hawaii or Australia or Greece
What are your pet peeves? People who complain about everything, nothing is ever good enough for them, they are never happy.
What makes you happy? My kids, my Church friends, my JUDDD friends and losing weight
What is something unique about you that we should know? I'm a devoted friend, I will do everything possible for you, but see my pet peeve above, sometimes it has bitten me back.
What do you want for Christmas? For my kids to understand what Christmas is truly about.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Whereabouts do you live? I live in Orange County. I moved here from San Diego 10 years ago when I got divorced. My childhood was in Missouri on an air force base from the ages 5-10.
Julie I was born and raised in OC. Anaheim, lived in Huntington Beach my adult life until 7 years ago when we relocated to the Inland Empire (Murrieta)
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Whereabouts do you live? Somewhere between Julie and Kristi
Are you married, single, or other? Married 11 years
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? girl 8, boy 6
How many siblings do you have? 1 1/2
Do you have any pets? one cat, two small dogs, two gold fish
What are you proud of? becoming independent young
What is your greatest accomplishment? what it took to do the last one
What are you struggling with right now? the usual stuff we all do
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? be better at everything; get my doctorate
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I'm a college instructor and I love my job
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? pizza, lasagna, chocolate
Do you have any hobbies? nothing consistent, other than geeking out on the 'puter
What's your favorite indoor activity? t.v., computer, reading, cooking
What's your favorite outdoor activity? running, swimming
how do you usually spend your free time? sleeping
How do people describe you? responsible, organized, dependable, solid
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? all kinds of stuff, very eclectic tastes
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I haven't been too many places. I would love to go everywhere!
What are your pet peeves? rude, unbalanced people
What makes you happy? quiet time
What is something unique about you that we should know? I am embracing the silvery hair that is creeping in. I've earned every one of them.
What do you want for Christmas? peace in my heart, home and on Earth, and for my family to not fixate on all the stuff, stuff, stuff!

Last edited by Speck333; 11-25-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Whereabouts do you live? Somewhere between Julie and Kristi
I am starting to see a SoCal JUDDD buds meetup forming soon
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:55 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Whereabouts do you live? Copenhagen, Denmark, though I was born in Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you married, single, or other? Married for 7 years

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? No kids, I have things to accomplish before I have any.

How many siblings do you have? 2 'little' brothers

Do you have any pets? Not at the moment, but I am a cat person.

What are you proud of? My ability to accomplish whatever I set my mind to.

What is your greatest accomplishment? Being accepted to law school in my 2nd language after attaining a very high fluency level. Conquering diabetes.

What are you struggling with right now? Getting everything done that needs to be done. I have to read about 200 pages of purchasing law, a chapter or two of criminal law, write a HUGE paper, become a godmother and throw a thanksgiving party this weekend...

What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Finish law school, travel the world, maybe do something daring like skydive, run a marathon.

Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I have a degree in Athropology, but I am currently a law student. I work part time for Danmarks Radio (the largest TV producing/broadcasting company in the country), assisting with transfer of digital media. It is a great part time job, but I am really looking forward to working as a lawyer someday!

If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Pumpkin, HWC and coffee!

Do you have any hobbies? Lets say that I HAD hobbies before law school I love to travel, draw, paint and do anything creative, and read (fiction!). I also love experimenting in the kitchen to create LC recipes!

What's your favorite indoor activity? Painting

What's your favorite outdoor activity? Running and horseback riding (when I get the opportunity).

how do you usually spend your free time? I don't have free time anymore.
Most of my time outside of the classroom is spent doing group work or reading/writing in prep for classwork or exams. When I DO get time to myself, I like to spend time with friends, shop if I have the money, or party with my classmates at the law schools private bar.

How do people describe you? Ambitious, outgoing, fun and spontaneous, helpful and kind. (modest and humble, however, are not always on the list..)

What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? That changes...Lord of the Rings has always been my favorite book (s) since childhood. I just finished reading the not-yet-finished Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones, for those of you who saw the show). As for TV shows that are currently, I like How I Met your Mother, Glee, House, the Big Bang Theory and the history/discovery channel. But my TV time is limited

Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? I have lived in the US, the UK and Denmark. I have visited 26 US states (incl. Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain (Canary Islands), Greece (Crete), The Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark (of course), and Japan.

Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I would go everywhere I could, because I want to see the world. On the top of my list, however, would be New Zealand, Thailand, Italy, Egypt, Singapore/Malaysia,Peru and China.

What are your pet peeves? I cannot stand insults that hide in the form of compliments.

What makes you happy? When I earn success. A good cup of coffee with sugar free syrup. Playing with my godchildren. LOSING WEIGHT! kittens (OMG I love kittens!), seeing part of the world I have not seen before, seeing my family who lives on the other side of the world.

What is something unique about you that we should know? I was a teenage 'beauty queen' (despite being overweight!). I had to wear a prom dress, crown and banner, and ride in on classic cars in parades for a whole year.

What do you want for Christmas? Books for next semester (OMG so expensive! Total cost is around 1,000 dollars), for my family's (in the USA) economic situation to improve, and to lose the last 20 pounds! New clothes would be nice, too, though
Old 11-26-2011, 04:32 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Whereabouts do you live? Beautiful Miami, FL
Are you married, single, or other? Married -17 years
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 1 son, 14 years old
How many siblings do you have? 2- one brother, one sister, both older
Do you have any pets? one mini dachshund, one min pin, three birds
What are you proud of? Oh, gosh...My wonderful family, my faith
What is your greatest accomplishment? Raising a wonderful son, keeping a marriage together during a very rocky time ten years ago
What are you struggling with right now? Learning to take time for myself (what woman doesn't struggle with this? )
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Travel around our beautiful country.
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I am a proud SAHM, and I do EVERYTHING for my guys. I love this job more than anything I can imagine. It also allows me to volunteer to teach CCD.
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Oh, dear....I cannot come up with only three...
Do you have any hobbies? Knitting, crochet, tatting, paper crafts, jewelry making, watercolor, crafts of every type. Also, I am a voracious reader.
What's your favorite indoor activity? Crafts
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Swimming, walking with my family
how do you usually spend your free time? Volunteering, time with family
How do people describe you? Loving, giving, caring, stubborn
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? Not much TV here, Book- "The Secret Garden"- Movie- "The Sound of Music"
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite?I have traveled to the Northeast, but my truly favorite place is in the Florida Keys!!
Where would you like to go if money was no issue? Italy
What are your pet peeves? Hypocrisy
What makes you happy? Faith and Family
What is something unique about you that we should know? I love creating spreadsheets (geek here!)
What do you want for Christmas? For the real meaning of the Christmas season to be important to everyone...
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Whereabouts do you live? South Shields..a sea-side town in England

Are you married, single, or other? Married, for 16 years
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 2 boys..16, and nearly 15

How many siblings do you have? none..
Do you have any pets? 6 cats..all brothers and sisters

What are you proud of? Surviving being brought up in a cult environment...and managing to survive in a strange (to me) world.
What is your greatest accomplishment? Learning to think for myself..and working out what I believe
What are you struggling with right now? Maintaining my weight..fighting the urge to lose more
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Get a camper van and travel with DH when boys are older
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I have cleaned for a small family firm for 10 years...I can come and go as I please, and listen to talking books while I do it..I it!
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Soup, Oatmeal and butter shortbread cookiesDo you have any hobbies?
What's your favorite indoor activity? Watching movies, reading,and surfing the net
What's your favorite outdoor activity? I love to walk...and browse charity shops..often combining both!
how do you usually spend your free time? On this site, digital scrapbooking...and reading books on my iphone!
How do people describe you? Friendly, easy going..not as innocent as I look, impulsive
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? TV- Father Ted, Cold Feet, Outnumbered, Books - Vampire stuff..Anne Rice especially, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and books from people who have triumphed over adversity, Movies - The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, any Carry On Film!
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Spain, Wales, Holland, Florida...I loved Spain & Florida!
Where would you like to go if money was no issue? Other US States, Peru
What are your pet peeves? Judging people on appearance, bulling, animal cruelty
What makes you happy? Having my family safe at home, a coffee and a biscuit in my hand, a cat or two on my knee, and a great book to read
What is something unique about you that we should know? For the first 28 years of my life I had never celebrated ANYTHING..birthdays, christmas, easter, halloween, mothers day, fathers day...I had never received a greetings card or been to a disco.
What do you want for Christmas? Some silver earrings, a fleece neckwarmer, and a frizz treatment that actually works!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #15
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I don't post a lot of personal info but here's some basics:
Married
1 son (in college)
1 dog
Texas all my life
1 half brother (I got the good half I think lol)
I'm very emotional and free spirited (lol in spite of the "admin" thing, I separate my "duties" from my posting here).
I don't carry a grudge - life's too short.
But I am stubborn as a mule.
I'm not always right, and I admit when I'm wrong (but I'll still argue my point until it's proven )
I'm just me

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Whereabouts do you live? Virginia
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 4 kids. 11,9,7,6
How many siblings do you have? One
Do you have any pets? Yes, 4 cats
What are you proud of? My children!
What is your greatest accomplishment? Currently, my kids
What are you struggling with right now? Weight and finances
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Redecorate the house
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? yes. I work pt at a preschool. I like my job but don't like a lot of the people I work with.
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? extra rare steak, cheese, and assorted sweets
Do you have any hobbies? Reading, knitting, crocheting, sewing, baking
What's your favorite indoor activity? see hobbies
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Swimming
how do you usually spend your free time? see hobbies
How do people describe you? I have no idea!
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? TV-Castle. Books and movies-too many!
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I have been to England and France and several states. I would love to go to Ireland!
What are your pet peeves? Oh gosh! Too many to list!
What makes you happy? Being with my kids, when things turn out the way they are supposed to, unexpected surprises
What is something unique about you that we should know? I play handbells
What do you want for Christmas? No idea!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Whereabouts do you live? Richmond, Kentucky

Are you married, single, or other? married...for 7 years

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 2 boys, 7 and 10

How many siblings do you have? 2 half brothers, 1 living step brother, 1 deceased step brother and 1 step sister

Do you have any pets? 3 dogs-yorkie, chihuahua and sheltie plus 3 bettas and a 10 gallon aquarium

What are you proud of? my kids mostly

What is your greatest accomplishment? my kids

What are you struggling with right now? so many things, for the most part the usual for this time of year

What are some things you'd like to do in the future? travel, be a normal weight

Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? school bus driver, and for the most part, I love it

If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Hmmm, only 3? beef, pizza, chocolate

Do you have any hobbies? reading, couponing

What's your favorite indoor activity? reading, getting on this and a coupon forum I frequent

What's your favorite outdoor activity? riding four-wheelers

how do you usually spend your free time? What's free time? Seriously, it would be watching a few select TV shows and getting on the computer.

How do people describe you? Depends on who you asked. I tend to be quiet shy and reserved until I get to know you.

What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? TV show would probably be The Biggest Loser. Book would be one of the Psy-Changeling series books by Nalini Singh. I don't watch a lot of movies but the lastest Fast and Furious movie was really good.

Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I've mostly traveled to Florida, North Caroling and Tennessee. I love Cherokee, NC. Would love to visit Ireland.

What are your pet peeves? Have several, but the main one would be lying.

What makes you happy? my family, losing weight

What is something unique about you that we should know? I'm not sure.

What do you want for Christmas? If we had the money, one of the new Kindles. We don't have a lot of money, so I really don't think about anything I would want specifically for me.
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Whereabouts do you live? Southern Maine
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 2 kids, son 14, daughter 12
How many siblings do you have? 3 sisters
Do you have any pets? 2 dogs, 2 cats
What are you proud of? My children
What is your greatest accomplishment? Being a parent, a spouse, and still finding time for myself
What are you struggling with right now? Finding balance with work and home
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Travel more!
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? Work 2 part time jobs; hospital adminstrative and legal administrative. I love my hospital job - learn something new every day.
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Eggs, cheese, bacon - oh and coffee (is that a food?)
Do you have any hobbies? Reading, travel, walking
What's your favorite indoor activity? reading
What's your favorite outdoor activity? walking
how do you usually spend your free time? spending time w/family, reading, watching TV, having coffee w/my girlfriends - not really and outdoorsy person
How do people describe you? friendly and willing to help
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? TV show: House or True Blood; Book: So many! right now: The Hunger Games trilogy - I can't put them down!
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? We as a family LOVE to travel. I tell people, we choose to collect memories instead of things (hence the shabby furniture, stained carpet, etc. - oh well...) We travel every couple of years out west to Idaho where I am from; every couple of years we go to Florida to Disney, Universal; went last summer on our "trip of a lifetime": France, Italy and England, flying and driving. LOVED Tuscany and southern France. Where would you like to go if money was no issue? Back to Tuscany and rent a villa. Also to Spain and Turkey. And Australia and South Africa someday.
What are your pet peeves? #1 pet peeve: People talking on cell phones in public
What makes you happy? Simple things. Bright sun in my living room when I wake up late on the weekends; my cat playing w/her mouse toy; talking to my sis for hours on the phone; family dinners where my kids make me laugh so much.
What is something unique about you that we should know? I enjoy volunteering doing marketing and newsletters for non-profit organizations.
What do you want for Christmas? Nothing for me. Our big summer trip was my present. But I would LOVE to be able to go back to Idaho for Christmas and have a HUGE family gathering. Haven't been able to do that in many years.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
So, Julie - you must have been about 10 when you had your kids????? You only look like you're in your 20's!
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awe thanks, Tracey.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I am starting to see a SoCal JUDDD buds meetup forming soon
That's be fun!
Old 11-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Whereabouts do you live? Near Reading, PA
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 24 year old son
How many siblings do you have? 3, 2 brothers & a sister
Do you have any pets? 2 great danes adopted from rescue and 1 weimaraner
What are you proud of? Losing 50 pounds 15 years ago and keeping most of it off for all these years
What is your greatest accomplishment? Raising my son. I learned a lot over the years, some things good and some things that most parents are lucky enough not to ever have to learn. I had to let him fall hard on his face in order to turn himself around, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but it was necessary and most importantly, it worked.
What are you struggling with right now? Hmmm, I don't feel as though I'm struggling with anything at this time, I'm fortunate
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? I want to adopt a deaf and/or blind great dane
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I'm an executive assistant, the pay is good but I'm bored!
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Pizza, fresh bread w/butter & ice cream
Do you have any hobbies? I volunteer with MidAtlantic Great Dane Rescue and I ride a 2004 Harley Davidson V-Rod
What's your favorite indoor activity? Reading
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Riding my motorcycle
how do you usually spend your free time? See above 2 answers, lol
How do people describe you? Fun
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? I admit to being a "Potter Head", lol
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I'm not much of a traveler but I think the state I enjoyed most was North Carolina, beautiful beaches!
What are your pet peeves? Bad drivers
What makes you happy? My son traveled down the wrong road a few years back but he turned his life around, got his degree in culinary arts, and is now engaged and being a wonderful father to his fiance's 1 year old
What is something unique about you that we should know? Other than I ride my own Harley? I have tattoos of course, lol!
What do you want for Christmas? A spin bike
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Whereabouts do you live? Baltimore, MD
Are you married, single, or other?Single
Do you have any pets? 1 Great Dane, 1 English Bull Dog, FISHIES!!!
What are you proud of? my career and my doggies
What are you struggling with right now?Liking myself, not being a good granddaughter, sheeeeer laziness
What are some things you'd like to do in the future?lose 50lbs
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I'm an OR nurse; I like it for the most part
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Pizza, Rice and gravy & tacos
Do you have any hobbies?my doggies, travelling, scrapbooking my dogs and my travels
What's your favorite indoor activity? sleeping
What's your favorite outdoor activity? SCUBA diving; being at the beach
how do you usually spend your free time? online; walking da boyz; tv
How do people describe you?outgoing
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? Modern Family
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? i've been to all 50 states, south africa; italy; france; new zealand; australia; england.....loved them ALL! if money were no object i'd love to do a 2 week cruise of asia or south america
What are your pet peeves? when i'm doing the right thing and there is blatant disregard from someone else continuly getting away with the bad action
What makes you happy? my doggies and money
What is something unique about you that we should know? im ordinary
What do you want for Christmas? my credit card paid off; world peace!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I'm a senior citizen, retired.

Married

One son

Two sisters

Live in Wisconsin - USA

Food likes - chicken, stuffing, chocolate candy

TV likes - The Young & The Restless, Fox News Channel

Proud of - family & Christian faith

Worries - bad people on the internet!! (anyone can read what ever one writes!!!)
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Wow, not many singles here....

I live in Oregon and I am a single hospice RN.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #26
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Whereabouts do you live? South/Central New Jersey
Are you married, single, or other? ENGAGED!!!
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 2 kids, DD 25, DS 22
How many siblings do you have? 0
Do you have any pets? A rotten, loud mini parrot!!!
What are you proud of? The person I have become in the last 5 years!
What is your greatest accomplishment? Raising 2 wonderful kids against all odds!
What are you struggling with right now? My extremely abusive Mother and whether it's time to cut all ties to her
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Get married, retire and travel
Do you work? Yes If so, what do you do? Profession Psychic and Medium Do you like what you do? I LOVE what I do!
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Bread, Bacon, Eggs
Do you have any hobbies? Gardening, Crafts, Dancing and learning Korean
What's your favorite indoor activity? Crafts and learning Korean
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Gardening
how do you usually spend your free time? On the computer or fixing stuff around the house/yard, going club dancing with DF
How do people describe you? Funny, kind, caring and a bit scary
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? Gone With The Wind and I watching Korean drama online
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Lots of places and my fav was Letchworth State Park, NY.Where would you like to go if money was no issue? South Korea
What are your pet peeves? People at that don't follow the rules, bad food, and terrible customer service
What makes you happy? Knowing I'm loved and can love, that I can provide nicely for myself, and learning new things
What is something unique about you that we should know? I think my profession would tell you this answer!
What do you want for Christmas? Peace of mind and no drama!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-27-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Whereabouts do you live? South Dakota
Are you married, single, or other? Married - second time around
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? Six...all grown (2 are my biological)
How many siblings do you have? 4...3 sisters and 1 brother...all older
Do you have any pets? No, but I love cats...and dh doesn't!
What are you proud of? My sons and DILs
What is your greatest accomplishment? Getting my BA in 2000 after taking classes part-time for 20 years while working full-time
Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm retired and do temp work and volunteer work
Do you have any hobbies? Gardening, cooking, baking, adult piano lessons
How do you usually spend your free time? Reading, computer
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? Lately I've been reading books about the Holocaust (not enjoyable, but very interesting); mostly, I like non-fiction
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Several European countries and most of the states. Norway was my favorite! We are going on a Panama Canal cruise in February; we want to go on an Alaskan cruise probably next.
What are your pet peeves? People who love to hear themselves talk about themselves!
What makes you happy? Being with family
What do you want for Christmas? an IPod...I might buy one for myself!

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
Oliver Goldsmith

"Make peace with the past so it won't screw up the present." Regina Britt
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Whereabouts do you live? Irmo, South Carolina
Are you married, single, or other? married for 17 years
Do you have kids? 4If so, how old are they? My boys are 15, 12 and 5. My daughter is 10 and has just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes
How many siblings do you have? 1 brother who was killed on 9/11. And some half siblings and step siblings. Sadly, we are not close.
Do you have any pets? Yes, 1 dog. We were told he was a jack russel but he is the laziest terrier I have ever seen. No energy at all. My kind of dog We don't do crazy energy here
What are you proud of?My family. I am the only one in my family to have a "normal" family. That is I have not been divorced, widowed and all my kids are mine and my hubby's.
What is your greatest accomplishment?I posted the same as the above, but now that I think about it......here in Columbia I had the privilege and honor to be involved with a 9/11 project. The project founder brought 2 beams from the World Trade Center (Tower 1 where my brother worked) and erected a monument to those who perished in those attacks on 9/11 and those killed as first responders here in SC since then. It was a crowning achievement to have unveiled this memorial on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I am most proud of doing something to honor the life of my brother who was killed way too young.
What are you struggling with right now? Raising my 15 year old to do what we want him to do, not as he wants to do. This raising kids bit is hard.
What are some things you'd like to do in the future?Spend more time with my husband.
Do you work? Yes.If so, what do you do? I work part time for Chick Fil A. I am a cashier, so I have a very simple job there compared to others. Do you like what you do?I do. I love the hours, I am at work only when the kids are in school and I have the whole weekend off. But I would prefer to go back to being a SAHM That is what I loved doing and I was so good at it.
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate Is there any other kind of food out there?
Do you have any hobbies?not really
What's your favorite indoor activity?computer
What's your favorite outdoor activity?walking the dog--I do it every day even if it is raining out
how do you usually spend your free time?I agree with whomever said who has free time, but I do a lot of "computer stuff". My kids think I am doing email but it really is LCFs
How do people describe you?no idea, but my eldest thinks I am crazy
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie?I love to watch the ID channel (the crime stories, CSI type stuff mostly). For books, I love to read anything to do with nutrition.
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? The Philippines, Macau, China, Hong Kong, Japan. Hard to pick a favorite!!Where would you like to go if money was no issue?Hawaii...and would love to live there!
What are your pet peeves?difficult customers (either at Starbucks where I worked prior to Chick Fil A or at CFA now); traffic---I am one who has road rage; and drop off/pick up line at the schools around here
What makes you happy?when strangers come up to me and tell me what a beautiful and well behaved family I have, which happens quite often.
What is something unique about you that we should know?I studied Japanese in college
What do you want for Christmas?anything for my kitchen. I am a kitchen gadget junkie. I even wanted a new Keurig machine they had on qvc yesterday, and I have a Keurig but I have the feeling that it is on its last leg so I really could use one .

Last edited by dawnyama; 11-28-2011 at 12:45 PM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Wow Beeb are you really a professional psychic / medium? That is the coolest thing ever!

Whereabouts do you live? Rural Minnesota. I spent most of my life in Portland, Oregon so this is... uh, different.
Are you married, single, or other? Married for ten years.
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? Two daughters Older 4 years, younger 4 months.
How many siblings do you have? One younger brother but sadly we are estranged.
Do you have any pets? Two cute little shih tzus.
What are you proud of? Graduating from college, my daughters.
What is your greatest accomplishment? That's still a work in progress.
What are you struggling with right now? Meeting the needs of both my mother and my older daughter, both have many many needs.
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? I'd like to move! LOL.
Do you work? Right now I'm home with the girls.
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Pizza, pad thai, coffee w/hwc
Do you have any hobbies? Knitting and writing.
What's your favorite indoor activity? Reading.
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Going for boat rides at the lake.
How do you usually spend your free time? On the computer, wasting time or writing.
How do people describe you? Thoughtful, opinionated, eccentric.
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? Favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings, favorite TV show was Queer as Folk, favorite book the Song of Ice and Fire series.
Where would you like to go if money was no issue? New York City. I don't know why but it's suddenly this huge deal for me! Maybe because I'm stuck in the boonies and miss the life and vibrancy of a big city.
What are your pet peeves? People who argue just to argue, clutter.
What makes you happy? Losing weight would make me happy. I was SO much happier 15 pounds ago. I miss being able to fit into my jeans and wear cute little things.
What do you want for Christmas? I want people to take me seriously when I say I don't want any more stuff! Maybe some nice wine and chocolate but nothing that needs to be stored, dusted, repaired, etc.
So far: 0/10
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Will be starting JUDDD on Monday. Pleased to "meet" you all!

Whereabouts do you live? Central California (I can still make it to the southern CA JUDDD Bud meet-up!)
Are you married, single, or other? Married, 8 years (4 years to the previous one)
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? 1 daughter, almost 7
How many siblings do you have? 1 older brother
Do you have any pets? 3 dogs--Chow/Shepherd, Rott/Shepherd, and Boxer/Mastiff mixes; 1 cat--living with Feline AIDS for 8 years now (since the vet told us he wouldn't last the winter)
What are you proud of? My amazing daughter who has recently been accepted into an exclusive accelerated program. She's amazing!
What is your greatest accomplishment? Raising my daughter so well!
What are you struggling with right now? Finances, weight.
What are some things you'd like to do in the future? Lots more travelling.
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Do you like what you do? I am a project coordinator and I LOVE my job.
If you had to eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Sushi, bacon, anything Indian.
Do you have any hobbies? Not much time right now.
What's your favorite indoor activity? Reading.
What's your favorite outdoor activity? Disneyland!
How do you usually spend your free time? Reading, or on the computer.
How do people describe you? Quiet and reserved. If they only knew!
What is your favorite TV show, book, or movie? TV: Castle, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist. Book: Any of the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series. Movie: Not really into movies.
Where have you traveled and what place was your favorite? Where would you like to go if money was no issue? I have travelled to somewhere near 40 of the U.S. states, Mexico, Canada, much of Europe. My favorite is Santorini, Greece. I would love to go to Thailand, Egypt, Morroco, Japan, the list goes on and on.
What are your pet peeves? Closed-minded people.
What makes you happy? My family!
What is something unique about you that we should know? I studied to be a teacher and LOATHED it. I'm too much of a perfectionist, perhaps borderline OCD.
What do you want for Christmas? A Kindle and a gift card so I can load it up!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 12-09-2011 at 03:54 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote