Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I GOT ENGAGED!!!

I'm so surprised and SO happy! Never would I have thought that today would not only be a great day with family and friends, eating all the wonderful foods I love for the first time in a VERY long time thanks to our JUDDD, but that the love of my life would ask me to marry him!

Here is a picture of the ring. It doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful round diamond surrounded by yellow champagne diamonds with chocolate diamonds down the side and then it has champagne and chocolate diamonds on the flat side of the band! It's just amazing and EVERYTHING I would have wanted in a ring, and more. He REALLY listened when I told him the kind of ring I would want if I ever got engaged!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-24-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Congrats!! I wish you the best!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I'm so surprised and SO happy! Never would I have thought that today would not only be a great day with family and friends, eating all the wonderful foods I love for the first time in a VERY long time thanks to our JUDDD, but that the love of my wife would ask me to marry him!

Here is a picture of the ring. It doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful round diamond surrounded by yellow champagne diamonds with chocolate diamonds down the side and then it has champagne and chocolate diamonds on the flat side of the band! It's just amazing and EVERYTHING I would have wanted in a ring, and more. He REALLY listened when I told him the kind of ring I would want if I ever got engaged!!

: heart::h eart::he art:

I'm so happy SO HAPPY for you! What a lucky guy he is! And a smart one to, to get you for his wife! And I know that you love and adore him too, so this is so wonderful.

And, OMG! What a gorgeous ring. I absolutely love it. What a nice Thanksgiving you had. I think you beat out any of the rest of us when it comes to having a lovely Thanksgiving this year!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-24-2011 at 07:14 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyeDoc
Stats: 122/107-109/108 5'1.5"
WOE: Mindful eating
Start Date: August 31, 2011 third time around
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
EyeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal

Grats Linda
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
awww Congrats!
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
hey hey hey!!! what a wonderful thing to be thankful for!! so happy for you!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Congratulations!!! I love your ring. I'm very happy for you
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Congratulations Linda!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
CONGRATULATIONS!! What exciting news. The ring is gorgeous.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Linda, that is a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!
Did I see you post someplace else, quite some time ago, that you were actually married to this same man once before? Or am I completely mixed up?
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Linda, that is a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!
Did I see you post someplace else, quite some time ago, that you were actually married to this same man once before? Or am I completely mixed up?
NOPE, you got it right! We were married for 23 years, but totally disconnected when we had kids, never having time for ourselves, or MAKING time for us to continue to date and be a "couple". We were Mom and Dad, so busy and worried that our kids would not have crazy childhoods like we did, we forgot about our marriage, and it fell apart when the kids grew up and moved on. I moved out, we got divorced, and we went our separate ways, but always would call each other when we needed something or had a problem and wanted that one person that "knew" who we were and could help us through the problem. About 2 1/2 years ago there was a family issue that required us to be together quite a bit and little by little we both started to talk, I mean REALLY talk, and we BOTH realized the mistakes we had made and decided to "date". We always use to have fun together before the family came along; dancing, camping, cooking, traveling and it all just picked up again where it left off from before when we started our family. I fell in love all over again!! This man is and always has been a "perfect fit" for me, I just never realized it until I was on my own and I finally "grew up"!! And he has told me time and again that I have always been his "only true love" and that the time we spent apart made him realize how much he didn't do, how he had never listened to what I needed or wanted, totally took me for granted and regretted every minute of what he had done after we divorced.

It's one of those love stories that is only written about or seen in the movies, but we are living that love story now every single day! A more amazing, caring, loving man can not be found and a more "perfect fit" does not exist anywhere in the world for me! Sure, there were some of the same issues from when we were married, but we talked them through, figured out how we BOTH were contributing to the problem and found a solution that would get rid of the "trigger" that caused these same problems to come up again. We "work" at us now, and it's working SO amazingly well!!

I'm so happy and just KNOW this will have the perfect ending it should have had the first time!! As a matter of fact when he asked me to marry him in front of our kids, family and friends tonight at the dinner table, he said it like this: "Will you marry me again, and this time we will do it the right way!" How could I NOT say YES, YES, YES!!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-24-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Old 11-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
OMG, Linda! Congratulations!!!! That is such exciting news! I'm so happy for you! It's easy to see (hear? read?) how thrilled you are. And your ring is beautiful! What a way to round out your Thanksgiving holiday!

Soooooo happy for you!!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Awe. Your story gives me goosebumps, Linda
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 232.2/212.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start - July 17, 2014
Congratulations! What a lovely story....
Mary
myhnabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Thank you for telling your love story, Linda. I mean really, thank you.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Thank you for telling your love story, Linda. I mean really, thank you.
I agree. What a lovely ending to a perfect day. May you have many, many more years together. I'm sure your family must be thrilled, too.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Awwwww, Beeb. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. You deserve every happiness in the world!!!
The ring is beautiful, just like YOU!!!

Lisa
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
NOPE, you got it right! We were married for 23 years, but totally disconnected when we had kids, never having time for ourselves, or MAKING time for us to continue to date and be a "couple". We were Mom and Dad, so busy and worried that our kids would not have crazy childhoods like we did, we forgot about our marriage, and it fell apart when the kids grew up and moved on. I moved out, we got divorced, and we went our separate ways, but always would call each other when we needed something or had a problem and wanted that one person that "knew" who we were and could help us through the problem. About 2 1/2 years ago there was a family issue that required us to be together quite a bit and little by little we both started to talk, I mean REALLY talk, and we BOTH realized the mistakes we had made and decided to "date". We always use to have fun together before the family came along; dancing, camping, cooking, traveling and it all just picked up again where it left off from before when we started our family. I fell in love all over again!! This man is and always has been a "perfect fit" for me, I just never realized it until I was on my own and I finally "grew up"!! And he has told me time and again that I have always been his "only true love" and that the time we spent apart made him realize how much he didn't do, how he had never listened to what I needed or wanted, totally took me for granted and regretted every minute of what he had done after we divorced.

It's one of those love stories that is only written about or seen in the movies, but we are living that love story now every single day! A more amazing, caring, loving man can not be found and a more "perfect fit" does not exist anywhere in the world for me! Sure, there were some of the same issues from when we were married, but we talked them through, figured out how we BOTH were contributing to the problem and found a solution that would get rid of the "trigger" that caused these same problems to come up again. We "work" at us now, and it's working SO amazingly well!!

I'm so happy and just KNOW this will have the perfect ending it should have had the first time!! As a matter of fact when he asked me to marry him in front of our kids, family and friends tonight at the dinner table, he said it like this: "Will you marry me again, and this time we will do it the right way!" How could I NOT say YES, YES, YES!!
awesome ring. and what a story . It brought tears to my eyes, I'm happy for you and your family.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Congrats! And what a beautiful love story!
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Congratulations Beeb! I'm so happy for you and this is really one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever heard. It gives me so much hope and inspiration! I know the two of you will have many, many happy years together!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Congratulations!
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Linda,

I got goose bumps all over reading your post! A smile is plastered all over my face right now!

What a glorious love story that is!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
What a lovely story and a gorgeous ring!!!
Congrats to you!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
What a gorgeous ring! An amazing story!

Congratulations to you both!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Beautiful ring! Congratulations!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #27

Awwww, thank you everyone! I am on cloud nine and it's a really great feeling to be thinking about spending the best of my life again with my "perfect fit"! Between him and JUDDD (another "perfect fit") I couldn't be happier!!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-25-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
ah Linda what a fantastic story! I love it!
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
CONGRATULATIONS, Linda!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nola baxter
Quote:

This is such a lovely, lovely story Linda!
Thanks you so much for sharing..

I wish the very best happiness for the both of you .
nola baxter is offline   Reply With Quote