Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I GOT ENGAGED!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746812-i-got-engaged.html)

Beeb 11-24-2011 06:59 PM

I GOT ENGAGED!!!

I'm so surprised and SO happy! Never would I have thought that today would not only be a great day with family and friends, eating all the wonderful foods I love for the first time in a VERY long time thanks to our JUDDD, but that the love of my life would ask me to marry him!

Here is a picture of the ring. It doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful round diamond surrounded by yellow champagne diamonds with chocolate diamonds down the side and then it has champagne and chocolate diamonds on the flat side of the band! It's just amazing and EVERYTHING I would have wanted in a ring, and more. He REALLY listened when I told him the kind of ring I would want if I ever got engaged!!

:love::jumpjoy:

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL183.../399712161.jpg

Truffles 11-24-2011 07:01 PM

Congrats!! I wish you the best!

SoHappy 11-24-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15201604)
I'm so surprised and SO happy! Never would I have thought that today would not only be a great day with family and friends, eating all the wonderful foods I love for the first time in a VERY long time thanks to our JUDDD, but that the love of my wife would ask me to marry him!

Here is a picture of the ring. It doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful round diamond surrounded by yellow champagne diamonds with chocolate diamonds down the side and then it has champagne and chocolate diamonds on the flat side of the band! It's just amazing and EVERYTHING I would have wanted in a ring, and more. He REALLY listened when I told him the kind of ring I would want if I ever got engaged!!

:love::jumpjoy:

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL183.../399712161.jpg

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:: heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::he art::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I'm so happy SO HAPPY for you! What a lucky guy he is! And a smart one to, to get you for his wife! And I know that you love and adore him too, so this is so wonderful.

And, OMG! What a gorgeous ring. I absolutely love it. What a nice Thanksgiving you had. I think you beat out any of the rest of us when it comes to having a lovely Thanksgiving this year! :laugh: :hugs:

EyeDoc 11-24-2011 07:11 PM

:heart::heart:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:heart::heart:

Dottie 11-24-2011 07:12 PM

:jumpjoy::hugs:
Grats Linda :)

Star73 11-24-2011 07:19 PM

awww Congrats! :heart:

ouizoid 11-24-2011 07:21 PM

hey hey hey!!! what a wonderful thing to be thankful for!! so happy for you!

julietcc 11-24-2011 07:29 PM

Congratulations!!! I love your ring. I'm very happy for you :love:

jeaniem 11-24-2011 07:39 PM

Congratulations Linda!

kris4chloe 11-24-2011 07:58 PM

:jumpjoy: CONGRATULATIONS!! :jumpjoy: What exciting news. The ring is gorgeous.

Speck333 11-24-2011 08:02 PM

Linda, that is a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!
Did I see you post someplace else, quite some time ago, that you were actually married to this same man once before? Or am I completely mixed up?

Beeb 11-24-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15201698)
Linda, that is a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!
Did I see you post someplace else, quite some time ago, that you were actually married to this same man once before? Or am I completely mixed up?

NOPE, you got it right! We were married for 23 years, but totally disconnected when we had kids, never having time for ourselves, or MAKING time for us to continue to date and be a "couple". We were Mom and Dad, so busy and worried that our kids would not have crazy childhoods like we did, we forgot about our marriage, and it fell apart when the kids grew up and moved on. I moved out, we got divorced, and we went our separate ways, but always would call each other when we needed something or had a problem and wanted that one person that "knew" who we were and could help us through the problem. About 2 1/2 years ago there was a family issue that required us to be together quite a bit and little by little we both started to talk, I mean REALLY talk, and we BOTH realized the mistakes we had made and decided to "date". We always use to have fun together before the family came along; dancing, camping, cooking, traveling and it all just picked up again where it left off from before when we started our family. I fell in love all over again!! This man is and always has been a "perfect fit" for me, I just never realized it until I was on my own and I finally "grew up"!! And he has told me time and again that I have always been his "only true love" and that the time we spent apart made him realize how much he didn't do, how he had never listened to what I needed or wanted, totally took me for granted and regretted every minute of what he had done after we divorced.

It's one of those love stories that is only written about or seen in the movies, but we are living that love story now every single day! A more amazing, caring, loving man can not be found and a more "perfect fit" does not exist anywhere in the world for me! Sure, there were some of the same issues from when we were married, but we talked them through, figured out how we BOTH were contributing to the problem and found a solution that would get rid of the "trigger" that caused these same problems to come up again. We "work" at us now, and it's working SO amazingly well!! :clap:

I'm so happy and just KNOW this will have the perfect ending it should have had the first time!! As a matter of fact when he asked me to marry him in front of our kids, family and friends tonight at the dinner table, he said it like this: "Will you marry me again, and this time we will do it the right way!" How could I NOT say YES, YES, YES!! :jumpjoy::love:

Mommie22boys 11-24-2011 08:27 PM

OMG, Linda! Congratulations!!!! That is such exciting news! :jumpjoy: I'm so happy for you! It's easy to see (hear? read?) how thrilled you are. And your ring is beautiful! What a way to round out your Thanksgiving holiday!

Soooooo happy for you!!:clap::clap:

julietcc 11-24-2011 08:31 PM

Awe. Your story gives me goosebumps, Linda :love:

myhnabird 11-24-2011 08:45 PM

Congratulations! What a lovely story....
Mary

Speck333 11-24-2011 08:50 PM

Thank you for telling your love story, Linda. I mean really, thank you.

Seabreezes 11-24-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15201756)
Thank you for telling your love story, Linda. I mean really, thank you.

I agree. What a lovely ending to a perfect day. May you have many, many more years together. I'm sure your family must be thrilled, too.

mattsmama 11-25-2011 02:56 AM

Awwwww, Beeb. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. You deserve every happiness in the world!!!:love: :heart: :love:
The ring is beautiful, just like YOU!!!

Lisa

dasiey 11-25-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15201737)
NOPE, you got it right! We were married for 23 years, but totally disconnected when we had kids, never having time for ourselves, or MAKING time for us to continue to date and be a "couple". We were Mom and Dad, so busy and worried that our kids would not have crazy childhoods like we did, we forgot about our marriage, and it fell apart when the kids grew up and moved on. I moved out, we got divorced, and we went our separate ways, but always would call each other when we needed something or had a problem and wanted that one person that "knew" who we were and could help us through the problem. About 2 1/2 years ago there was a family issue that required us to be together quite a bit and little by little we both started to talk, I mean REALLY talk, and we BOTH realized the mistakes we had made and decided to "date". We always use to have fun together before the family came along; dancing, camping, cooking, traveling and it all just picked up again where it left off from before when we started our family. I fell in love all over again!! This man is and always has been a "perfect fit" for me, I just never realized it until I was on my own and I finally "grew up"!! And he has told me time and again that I have always been his "only true love" and that the time we spent apart made him realize how much he didn't do, how he had never listened to what I needed or wanted, totally took me for granted and regretted every minute of what he had done after we divorced.

It's one of those love stories that is only written about or seen in the movies, but we are living that love story now every single day! A more amazing, caring, loving man can not be found and a more "perfect fit" does not exist anywhere in the world for me! Sure, there were some of the same issues from when we were married, but we talked them through, figured out how we BOTH were contributing to the problem and found a solution that would get rid of the "trigger" that caused these same problems to come up again. We "work" at us now, and it's working SO amazingly well!! :clap:

I'm so happy and just KNOW this will have the perfect ending it should have had the first time!! As a matter of fact when he asked me to marry him in front of our kids, family and friends tonight at the dinner table, he said it like this: "Will you marry me again, and this time we will do it the right way!" How could I NOT say YES, YES, YES!! :jumpjoy::love:

awesome ring. and what a story . It brought tears to my eyes, I'm happy for you and your family.

melissaconatser 11-25-2011 06:13 AM

:love::heart::high5: Congrats! And what a beautiful love story!:jumpjoy:

vilanteira 11-25-2011 06:44 AM

Congratulations Beeb! I'm so happy for you and this is really one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever heard. It gives me so much hope and inspiration! I know the two of you will have many, many happy years together! :jumpjoy::clap::up::hugs:

jiggles 11-25-2011 06:52 AM

Congratulations!

sazzie 11-25-2011 07:01 AM

Linda,

I got goose bumps all over reading your post! A smile is plastered all over my face right now!

What a glorious love story that is!

janetsbreeze 11-25-2011 07:06 AM

What a lovely story and a gorgeous ring!!!
Congrats to you! :hugs:

handbells 11-25-2011 08:12 AM

What a gorgeous ring! An amazing story!

Congratulations to you both!

Wallee 11-25-2011 08:28 AM

Beautiful ring! :heart: Congratulations!!

Beeb 11-25-2011 09:35 AM

Awwww, thank you everyone! :hugs: I am on cloud nine and it's a really great feeling to be thinking about spending the best of my life again with my "perfect fit"! Between him and JUDDD (another "perfect fit") I couldn't be happier!! :jumpjoy:;):laugh:

kris4chloe 11-25-2011 09:45 AM

ah Linda what a fantastic story! I love it!

sophiethecat 11-25-2011 10:02 AM

:jumpjoy: CONGRATULATIONS, Linda!!! :heart: :heart: :jumpjoy:

nola baxter 11-25-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15201737)

This is such a lovely, lovely story Linda!
Thanks you so much for sharing.. :)

I wish the very best happiness for the both of you .