Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
SoHappy

Hi there
Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you. You have me thinking about food in a whole different way. After my last binge I woke up the next day and was still so full from all the food that I didn't eat until very late in the day and at dinner time I ate some carbs, not a huge amount but more than I normally allow myself. I didn't plan to eat the carbs with dinner but I did have them. The next day I was down a pound and was very surprised and thought maybe it was a fluke,but I noticed that I felt satisfied and calm after eating that way so I have continued this for almost a week now and have lost some weight every day. I don't feel lethargic and ironically since I know I am going to allow some carbs at dinner I don't feel deprived. Your posts rang out to me! I don't need to fear carbs!!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi there
Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you. You have me thinking about food in a whole different way. After my last binge I woke up the next day and was still so full from all the food that I didn't eat until very late in the day and at dinner time I ate some carbs, not a huge amount but more than I normally allow myself. I didn't plan to eat the carbs with dinner but I did have them. The next day I was down a pound and was very surprised and thought maybe it was a fluke,but I noticed that I felt satisfied and calm after eating that way so I have continued this for almost a week now and have lost some weight every day. I don't feel lethargic and ironically since I know I am going to allow some carbs at dinner I don't feel deprived. Your posts rang out to me! I don't need to fear carbs!!
LOLOL

Well, I'm not saying I think every carby thing is especially good these days, but it doesn't seem quite right for me to think that Mother Nature has us walking through a world of plant life we're not to eat..

It seems like a few things came together for me all at about the same time, so as I decided to go back to eating the foods we all remained slim on in my childhood, which most certainly included carbs! at that time I was also about at the start of JUDDD, and I just decided carbs DID have a place on my plate and were going to be a part of my diet, and I've felt better, and much happier, ever after.

I carbed myself all the way back up, complete with all the water weight that came back, and then I started in at that point doing JUDDD and didn't worry about water weight another moment of my life! I just liked that the fat was going away.

I totally agree with all of us getting to do *it* the way we want to, but that's going to include eating at a higher carb level for me. I've never felt as much a sense of well being in years! It was as though my body and spirit were thirsting for some carbs! Well, hoping for an orange occasionally, at least.

For as long as I live yet, I plan to enjoy it all. Everything low carb and everything high carb too. JUDDD is just how I do it, and how I manage my weight and my nutrients and my dining pleasure now.

And, no.. I don't think most of us have to fear the carbs. I think it's a lot nicer to learn how to include the carbs. That's what JUDDD has helped me with. My body and mental state likes carbs. I just needed to learn how to include them, and how to not over eat on them. And another thing I came to realize. You know those occasional times when I might.. well.. over eat on them? It can be undone by me being pretty good for awhile. God! I love JUDDD!

I hope you are well, Jeanne! Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving? I think of you so often. Thanks for your nice post. Be here with us...
Old 11-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Hi there
Not SoHappy but SoThrilled that you are finding this working for you!! WTG!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Pat and Linda I don't want to jinx myself but I am praying that is the answer I have been looking for.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Thanks Pat and Linda I don't want to jinx myself but I am praying that is the answer I have been looking for.
Got my fingers crossed for you and I'm "intending" that this is the perfect fit for you!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I realy don't get to hungry if I fast to 1 or 2 pm and have found that I can eat a fair
amount of carbs then and not go totaly crazy. Crazy for me is defined as going to my
local Publics for a 1/2 gallon of ice cream at 7:10 in the morning. Oh! yes every diabetic should start their day with a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Thanks to this WOE and the support here I haven't done that in quite a while now.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I realy don't get to hungry if I fast to 1 or 2 pm and have found that I can eat a fair
amount of carbs then and not go totaly crazy. Crazy for me is defined as going to my
local Publics for a 1/2 gallon of ice cream at 7:10 in the morning. Oh! yes every diabetic should start their day with a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Thanks to this WOE and the support here I haven't done that in quite a while now.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I can totally relate. I am not diabetic but am high risk, it is on both sides of my family. I have been having the first meal between 12 and 1, and dinner around 5 and so far it is working great. Who would have thought such a simple change would work so well.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

I also like the contentment (is that a word?), in knowing that a blip up on the scale is not the end of the world..... or the end of my diet since I blew it anyway by eating carbs. I feel just as light and the inches are slowly coming off without deprivation and having to eat very low carb.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #10

Quote:
I also like the contentment (is that a word?), in knowing that a blip up on the scale is not the end of the world..... or the end of my diet since I blew it anyway by eating carbs. I feel just as light and the inches are slowly coming off without deprivation and having to eat very low carb.
Yeah, it's just the food... ya' know? It's just food.

People seem to get in a panic about water weight fluctuations, and I can never quite figure out why. That's how we work. It's how Mother Nature designed us. It works so perfectly when we run on carb fuel. And I guess that's the crux of it here. The decision of whether you are going to run on carb fuel or refuse it.

I made the absolute decision to eat carbs. Period. To run on carb fuel. Period. To stay OUT of ketosis. Period. To carb UP. To embrace the return of fluid and water weight to my tissues. To enjoy carbs in my diet again! Period. Period. Period.

I don't care how others choose to eat. I wish them all the best in the world. But I'm going to enjoy fats and proteins. And carbs! For myself, it is just... SO. NOT. A. BIG. DEAL.

So, I carbed up. And regained water weight, which fluctuates some. And I watch the calorie numbers on Up Days and Down Days. Mostly. And the rest just takes care of itself. Jeez. I don't see how it could be any more simple. Life is good. I chose to let it include carbs. I'm happy now. I hated it before.

Sounds like you're leaning toward a little of this yourself.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yeah, it's just the food... ya' know? It's just food.

People seem to get in a panic about water weight fluctuations, and I can never quite figure out why. That's how we work. It's how Mother Nature designed us. It works so perfectly when we run on carb fuel. And I guess that's the crux of it here. The decision of whether you are going to run on carb fuel or refuse it.

I made the absolute decision to eat carbs. Period. To run on carb fuel. Period. To stay OUT of ketosis. Period. To carb UP. To embrace the return of fluid and water weight to my tissues. To enjoy carbs in my diet again! Period. Period. Period.

I don't care how others choose to eat. I wish them all the best in the world. But I'm going to enjoy fats and proteins. And carbs! For myself, it is just... SO. NOT. A. BIG. DEAL.

So, I carbed up. And regained water weight, which fluctuates some. And I watch the calorie numbers on Up Days and Down Days. Mostly. And the rest just takes care of itself. Jeez. I don't see how it could be any more simple. Life is good. I chose to let it include carbs. I'm happy now. I hated it before.

Sounds like you're leaning toward a little of this yourself.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Jeaniem...I am so pleased you are in a good place! Getting there when you have an ED is never easy...I am still working on it myself...but, like you, JUDDD makes me feel calmer...more like I am in control!

E.W...sounds like you are working out what works for you...I also find my eating is more in control the later in the day I start!

Big hugs to you both!

Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Joedi. You have been an inspiration to me as well, watching how you have handled the carb increase so readily has left an impression on me.

What I find strange is eating carbs used to make me hungry (or so I thought), but now they keep me more full than most low carb foods. Yesterday I ate the traditional Thanksgiving dinner until completely full and did not eat again until 26 hrs. later. I was not hungry until about an hour before I prepared my dinner meal tonight. Not eating until I am truly hungry is another aspect I plan to work on.

Last edited by jeaniem; 11-25-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Had a light bulb moment today after observing hubby overeat leftover pies from Thanksgiving today. He was overfull and a little upset with himself for overeating but he just worked out and said he was done with the overeating. No guilt, plans to starve himself to make up for it or continuing to eat even more since the damage had already been done, or swearing off of ever eating pie again. For the first time I can really fathom that someday I will have this mentality.

Last edited by jeaniem; 11-25-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #15

Ha! I was happy the day I realized, really realized, that it all was no big deal. There would always be more food. THIS particular mouthful of food, THIS particular serving of food, THIS particular cake or bag of chips or whatever... just simply didn't matter.

There would always be more. I could skip THIS food right now.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

That's it Pat! It was always I better eat all I can stand now because tomorrow my diet starts and I can't have it. I am so excited I just know I am going to make goal now!

Last edited by jeaniem; 11-25-2011 at 05:59 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Jeanie! You don't know how happy I am to see you back here on the JUDDD forum! It's been a while, you know, and I've been thinking about you/wondering how you were doing!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Sophie! I see you are doing great with your FD's. I am not doing JUDD, but am learning alot about my body from all of you.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #19

Jeanne hangs with us some these days. She's a JUDDDer by osmosis, sort of. LOLOL
Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

It is crazy warm here for the end of November, 64 degrees here and yet I have on 2 shirts, socks along with slippers, fleece sweat pants and have a blanket wrapped around me! I may have to tinker with my food a little,when eating low carb high protein I am always too warm.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #21

Quote:
It is crazy warm here for the end of November, 64 degrees here and yet I have on 2 shirts, socks along with slippers, fleece sweat pants and have a blanket wrapped around me! I may have to tinker with my food a little,when eating low carb high protein I am always too warm.
Sometimes when I've gone through a period of weight loss mode in the past, I've had that happen too. And cold hands and feet.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi Sophie! I see you are doing great with your FD's. I am not doing JUDD, but am learning alot about my body from all of you.
That's OK if you're not doing JUDDD, but whatever you're doing is working for you, and I'm for you Just glad to see your name come up here on the forum again
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Back within a half pound of my pre-thanksgiving weight. I have found that I can eat 80-100 grams of carbs and manage to lose a little! Allowing for some treats in moderation is much better than binging!