Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
It's Thursday, what are you eating today?

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends

B: coffee w/almond milk
Late dinner/supper combo: salad, turkey, ham, baked sweet potato for sure. Maybe a bread (small), maybe a small dessert if it's something I'm interested in.

I'll keep track of calories and if I need to eat more tonight, may make a tuna salad in a low-carb pita (if I kept my carbs reasonable lol).

NO GUILT!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
ud
I will try to have no guilt.

My dd was excellent yesterday
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Carbopalooza planned for later. I will spare the details.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
Our dinner is tomorrow, so today is a DD. I'm trying to wait until 2 for lunch (soup) and then 7 or so for dinner (lean cuisine ravioli) Lots of water today.

But tomorrow.......

I started on Sunday November 13th with an UD and I've lost 5.4 pounds so far. My only regret is that I didn't start when Beeb did, when I first heard of JUDDD.
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
We went out for Thanksgiving Brunch this year. My choice. Loved it, and I may make this a new tradition for us. The best Thanksgiving I've had in years so far!

Roast beef, ham, turkey, cranberry sauce, a bit of sweet potato, corn, sweet caramel pecan roll, and from the salad bar I added pea salad, pasta salad, broccoli/raisin salad, potato salad.. just little servings of each. Then a couple of cheese crepes with cherries in sauce for dessert.

I'm about 103% full.. just perfect for after a Thanksgiving meal. Big sigh... I'm in heaven!

Oh! Forgot to add.. I already told DH that I'm thinking only popcorn and hot chocolate for supper tonight, and he's up for that. LOL
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
UD for me!

Apple danish for b-fast
Turkey, stuffing, SF cranberries, butternut squash, pumpkin bake

Then repeat later!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Turkey for sure... going to a friends house for dinner and I don't know the menu.
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Great DD here. No breakfast, veggie soup for lunch, one soya latte, and a great Shiritake stir fry that I made with my daughter. We worked it out 165 calories.

470 cals so far, and I am supposed to be upping my cals!

Last edited by Kissa; 11-24-2011 at 12:09 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Thanksgiving UD here...

B: sour cream fried cake (totally unnecessary, but nommy!)
S: pretzels w/ veggie cheese dip
L/D: turkey, sweet tater spoon bread, devilled eggs, applesauce, small scoop of mashed taters w/ gravy, cran sauce, Cole slaw, 1/2 slice of zuke bread w/ butter (all were small portions...no seconds)
S: a very small slice of pumpkin pie w/ whipped topping

I'm hovering in the 1700-1750 range right now. Planning on having coffee w/ h&h and creamer later.

Stick a fork in me, gals...

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 11-24-2011 at 12:52 PM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Carbopalooza planned for later. I will spare the details.
Same plan here!

B: oatmeal and coffee

then see above for dinner. we are leaving for my friends house in about half an hour. Bringing with me two pumpkin pies, roasted turkey, green bean casserole, potatoes au gratin, cranberries and scalloped corn casserole. Thats only what I am bringing. Gonna try to just taste a little bit of everything.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PCramer
Stats: 174/164/115 - BF% 39.3/36.3/12 @ 5'
WOE: JUDDD 2250/500 - TDEE 2225
Start Date: Re-started JUDDD 12/18/2013
Hi you JUDDD ladies,

I am new to JUDDD today, I thought it was a good day to start

Tomorrow will be my first DD, I have Atkins shakes on hand just to make it easier. I have figured my UD calories at 1969 and my DD calories at 467, but I am going to do 500.

I am really looking forward to giving this WOE a spin and getting to know everyone better.
PCramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
I overdid it and had two UDs in a row because of holiday celebrations. Should I do 2 DDs to make up for it?

Welcome, PCramer!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCramer View Post
Hi you JUDDD ladies,

Tomorrow will be my first DD, I have Atkins shakes on hand just to make it easier. I have figured my UD calories at 1969 and my DD calories at 467, but I am going to do 500.

I am really looking forward to giving this WOE a spin and getting to know everyone better.
Yay! I'm so excited to have you join us, and this is such a good time of year to do it too! If we're on most diets to manage our weight during the Holiday Season (filled to bursting with good foods and baked delights), all those *other* plans call for us to cross lots of foods off of our lists entirely. No-no this and No-no that. Don't eat. Don't taste. Avert your eyes!

Or.. the alternative is to just not be on a diet during this yummy time of the year. Well, that and inevitable weight gain.

But on the JUDDD plan, if you respect your calorie ceilings, you are going to enter this wonderful time of the year able to lose weight AND eat very, very, very well! On JUDDD, we truly do get to have our cake and eat it too! LOLOLOL

Having today be a first UD was a good idea. Now you will be well fueled for your first DD tomorrow, and we'll all be offering encouragement to you. Glad you're with us!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
I overdid it and had two UDs in a row because of holiday celebrations. Should I do 2 DDs to make up for it?
You know.. you could. But I wouldn't.

It's not really necessary, and frankly, I'd cave. Or else I'd be one cranky old wife to my DH.

It's not that two DDs in a row will start to slow your metabolism that quickly or anything. Just that it really isn't necessary.

I'd just get back into my normal and regular rotation and be especially good about it, and I'll bet there will be very little negative repercussion from the two UDs in a row at all. That is so little different than those who do an UD plus a MD every single weekend, etc. You didn't do much more than that.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know.. you could. But I wouldn't.

It's not really necessary, and frankly, I'd cave. Or else I'd be one cranky old wife to my DH.

It's not that two DDs in a row will start to slow your metabolism that quickly or anything. Just that it really isn't necessary.

I'd just get back into my normal and regular rotation and be especially good about it, and I'll bet there will be very little negative repercussion from the two UDs in a row at all. That is so little different than those who do an UD plus a MD every single weekend, etc. You didn't do much more than that.
Okay thanks. These holidays are tough with family members having parties on consecutive days. I actually made it all the way to dinner and was planning to just pick at my food and hope no one noticed but it was impossible and probably ate 1000 calories at dinner alone! So it's a DD tomorrow after a failed one today.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
What little family I have is all out of town so I had a thanksgiving with a big group of my
friends. It's kind of funny I have been eating all I wanted on my UD's these past 3 months so today I realy didn't eat any more than I usualy do on an UD. I have another
dinner I have to go to tomorow so that will be 2 UD's in a row so I shure won't lose a lot this week. It's kind of funny my attitude toward weight loss has changed a little. I realy
feal like this is a WOE that I can stay on for a long long time that hapens to have a side
effect of weight loss as opposed to a "diet" that I am on to lose the weigth.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Total cheat day today, feeling good about it. No calorie counting, no calorie thinking. A little exercise (30 Day Shred and 45 minute dog walk), but mostly sloth and piggy greed. Thanksgiving comes but once a year!
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
What little family I have is all out of town so I had a thanksgiving with a big group of my
friends. It's kind of funny I have been eating all I wanted on my UD's these past 3 months so today I realy didn't eat any more than I usualy do on an UD. I have another
dinner I have to go to tomorow so that will be 2 UD's in a row so I shure won't lose a lot this week. It's kind of funny my attitude toward weight loss has changed a little. I realy
feal like this is a WOE that I can stay on for a long long time that hapens to have a side
effect of weight loss as opposed to a "diet" that I am on to lose the weigth.
That's how I think about my foods now too.

I do JUDDD. This is how I eat now. So all I have to do is eat. Higher calories. Lower calories. Anything I want. That's it. I don't have to worry about weight loss. That part is almost neither here nor there. It just happens. That's just a side-effect of how I like to eat now. *I* don't have to manage my weight. JUDDD just does that for me.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
Total cheat day today, feeling good about it. No calorie counting, no calorie thinking. A little exercise (30 Day Shred and 45 minute dog walk), but mostly sloth and piggy greed. Thanksgiving comes but once a year!
I love it! Sounds like you had a fun and completely delightful Thanksgiving. What a nice break in our lives this feast day was. Glad you enjoyed yours!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Being many hours behind most of you, we are now just leaving to go to dinner. We are going to a fabulous restaurant with close friends so I know dinner will be wonderful. It is a buffet that I will be able to take many tastes from and I will even enjoy a bit of desert and not feel like i need to apologize to myself. I'll also enjoy a couple of glasses of wonderful wine - the wind cellar there is quite well known for it's selections.

It sounds as if everyone enjoyed their day.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #21
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCramer View Post
Hi you JUDDD ladies,

and GREAT idea to make tomorrow your first DD, this was brilliant, and your calories look just right!! Hoping you love JUDDD as much as the rest of us do and so glad to see you joining our JUDDD family!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Being many hours behind most of you, we are now just leaving to go to dinner. We are going to a fabulous restaurant with close friends so I know dinner will be wonderful. It is a buffet that I will be able to take many tastes from and I will even enjoy a bit of desert and not feel like i need to apologize to myself. I'll also enjoy a couple of glasses of wonderful wine - the wind cellar there is quite well known for it's selections.

It sounds as if everyone enjoyed their day.
Have a wonderful meal. It sounds like it will be a lovely Thanksgiving for you. Let us know the fun choices you decided on for your meal. It sounds like a really nice buffet.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #23
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I ate EVERYTHING! ! Thank GOODNESS tomorrow is a DD!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post

I ate everything too and I'm stuffed!!! The kind of stuffed where you just sit on the sofa and feel waaaay too stuffed. Tomorrow I am seeing my mom so I don't
think I can just eat 500 calories in front of her but I'll try! She'd making sloppy Joe's so maybe I'll just eat a half of one.

I'm going to throw what I think I ate into ************ out of curiosity. I'm guessing I ate about 3500 calories
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
yep me too! and i am kind of ok with it, because i know instead of sending me into a spiral of out of control eating I can just have a good DD tomorrow and will recover just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post

I'm going to throw what I think I ate into ************ out of curiosity. I'm guessing I ate about 3500 calories
you are braver then me, i am thinking i am that much if not more. but who knows, i honestly could not eat as much as i have in the past, probaby from all my DD's, just takes me so much less to get full. Maybe tomorrow I will but for now I am taking my slothly self to bed.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
yep me too! and i am kind of ok with it, because i know instead of sending me into a spiral of out of control eating I can just have a good DD tomorrow and will recover just fine.

you are braver then me, i am thinking i am that much if not more. but who knows, i honestly could not eat as much as i have in the past, probaby from all my DD's, just takes me so much less to get full. Maybe tomorrow I will but for now I am taking my slothly self to bed.
I may be a few hundred lower or higher since I didn't bring out the measuring cups but I came up with 3,612 calories!!! Yowza. Thank goodness Thanksgiving is only once a year and I hit my new low this morning! I have that uncomfortably stuffed feeling. Blaaaah.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
I am way too full also... But I didn't eat THAT much. I think my stomach has shrunk since I started JUDDD in October.
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Thanksgiving UD here...

B: sour cream fried cake (totally unnecessary, but nommy!)
S: pretzels w/ veggie cheese dip
L/D: turkey, sweet tater spoon bread, devilled eggs, applesauce, small scoop of mashed taters w/ gravy, cran sauce, Cole slaw, 1/2 slice of zuke bread w/ butter (all were small portions...no seconds)
S: a very small slice of pumpkin pie w/ whipped topping

I'm hovering in the 1700-1750 range right now. Planning on having coffee w/ h&h and creamer later.

Stick a fork in me, gals...
I ended up at 2156...300 over my goal. I usually go midnight shopping on t-giving night, so in preparation, I had a turkey sandwich and a roll about 9:00. Then I decided not to go out after all, so wah-lah...300 extra fuel calories I figured wouldn't hurt as I shopped all night long. Now they are 300 extra calories I get to take to bed with me. Oh well...considering all of the extra calories I COULD have chosen to eat today, I am pretty pleased with how I did today.

Look, Ma! No guilt!

DD tomorrow. Work your magic, baby!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I had quite a few things that are not traditional Thanksgiving food such as a pea and shrimp salad - yummy, Waldorf Salad, something billed as a healthy salad-not sure what was in it but some interesting herbs as the flavors were wonderful, a bit of Caesar salad and some fresh fruit and sushi. That was the first round.

I didn't have any fresh oysters, but most of our group had a lot of them and said they were really good.

For the second round we had turkey, stuffing, ham, prime rib, chicken, fresh fish in Champagne sauce. au gratin potaotes and string beans with onions. For the children they had spaghetti with meatballs, hot dogs, french fries, etc. I had a little bit of each of the meats and some stuffing - not the children's selections!

Then there was desert. I had a sliver of cheesecake and a sliver of haupia(coconut) cake. There must have been 20 different deserts to choose from.

Lovely wine was served with all of this, too. I feel as if I never need to eat again!!

Tomorrow is a travel day for us so a couple of hours at the airport and then a long flight. We will be staying in a hotel with very expensive internet so will only have my Iphone. I will try to keep up reading, but will not be posting much for the next couple of weeks. I will probably just have to keep to low carb for my eating out meals.

Have a great DD for those of us that had our big meal today!!!

Now it is on to Christmas and the end of the year!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I have absolutely no idea of my calorie count because I kept noshing all day and by last night, I needed some carbonation to relieve my tummy.
Talk about a free day!!!

My DD today is most welcome and my tummy will indeed thank me for it!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote