Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Thursday, what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746751-its-thursday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 11-24-2011 07:33 AM

It's Thursday, what are you eating today?
 
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends:)

B: coffee w/almond milk
Late dinner/supper combo: salad, turkey, ham, baked sweet potato for sure. Maybe a bread (small), maybe a small dessert if it's something I'm interested in.

I'll keep track of calories and if I need to eat more tonight, may make a tuna salad in a low-carb pita (if I kept my carbs reasonable lol).

NO GUILT! :jumpjoy:

dasiey 11-24-2011 09:23 AM

ud
I will try to have no guilt.

My dd was excellent yesterday

Speck333 11-24-2011 10:16 AM

Carbopalooza planned for later. I will spare the details.

gardengoddess 11-24-2011 10:49 AM

Our dinner is tomorrow, so today is a DD. I'm trying to wait until 2 for lunch (soup) and then 7 or so for dinner (lean cuisine ravioli) Lots of water today.

But tomorrow.......:jumpjoy:

I started on Sunday November 13th with an UD and I've lost 5.4 pounds so far.:jumpjoy: My only regret is that I didn't start when Beeb did, when I first heard of JUDDD.

SoHappy 11-24-2011 11:04 AM

We went out for Thanksgiving Brunch this year. My choice. Loved it, and I may make this a new tradition for us. The best Thanksgiving I've had in years so far! :laugh:

Roast beef, ham, turkey, cranberry sauce, a bit of sweet potato, corn, sweet caramel pecan roll, and from the salad bar I added pea salad, pasta salad, broccoli/raisin salad, potato salad.. just little servings of each. Then a couple of cheese crepes with cherries in sauce for dessert.

I'm about 103% full.. just perfect for after a Thanksgiving meal. Big sigh... I'm in heaven!

Oh! Forgot to add.. I already told DH that I'm thinking only popcorn and hot chocolate for supper tonight, and he's up for that. LOL

janetsbreeze 11-24-2011 11:11 AM

UD for me!

Apple danish for b-fast
Turkey, stuffing, SF cranberries, butternut squash, pumpkin bake

Then repeat later!

Low Carb Librarian 11-24-2011 12:22 PM

Turkey for sure... going to a friends house for dinner and I don't know the menu.

Kissa 11-24-2011 12:59 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Great DD here. No breakfast, veggie soup for lunch, one soya latte, and a great Shiritake stir fry that I made with my daughter. We worked it out 165 calories.

470 cals so far, and I am supposed to be upping my cals!

Mommie22boys 11-24-2011 01:51 PM

Thanksgiving UD here...

B: sour cream fried cake (totally unnecessary, but nommy!)
S: pretzels w/ veggie cheese dip
L/D: turkey, sweet tater spoon bread, devilled eggs, applesauce, small scoop of mashed taters w/ gravy, cran sauce, Cole slaw, 1/2 slice of zuke bread w/ butter (all were small portions...no seconds)
S: a very small slice of pumpkin pie w/ whipped topping

I'm hovering in the 1700-1750 range right now. Planning on having coffee w/ h&h and creamer later.

Stick a fork in me, gals...

kris4chloe 11-24-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15200935)
Carbopalooza planned for later. I will spare the details.

:hyst: Same plan here!

B: oatmeal and coffee

then see above for dinner. we are leaving for my friends house in about half an hour. Bringing with me two pumpkin pies, roasted turkey, green bean casserole, potatoes au gratin, cranberries and scalloped corn casserole. Thats only what I am bringing. Gonna try to just taste a little bit of everything.

PCramer 11-24-2011 05:38 PM

Hi you JUDDD ladies,

I am new to JUDDD today, I thought it was a good day to start ;)

Tomorrow will be my first DD, I have Atkins shakes on hand just to make it easier. I have figured my UD calories at 1969 and my DD calories at 467, but I am going to do 500.

I am really looking forward to giving this WOE a spin and getting to know everyone better. :hiya:

Skinjob 11-24-2011 05:56 PM

I overdid it and had two UDs in a row because of holiday celebrations. Should I do 2 DDs to make up for it?

Welcome, PCramer!

SoHappy 11-24-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCramer (Post 15201395)
Hi you JUDDD ladies,

I am new to JUDDD today, I thought it was a good day to start ;)

Tomorrow will be my first DD, I have Atkins shakes on hand just to make it easier. I have figured my UD calories at 1969 and my DD calories at 467, but I am going to do 500.

I am really looking forward to giving this WOE a spin and getting to know everyone better. :hiya:

Yay! I'm so excited to have you join us, and this is such a good time of year to do it too! If we're on most diets to manage our weight during the Holiday Season (filled to bursting with good foods and baked delights), all those *other* plans call for us to cross lots of foods off of our lists entirely. No-no this and No-no that. Don't eat. Don't taste. Avert your eyes! :laugh:

Or.. the alternative is to just not be on a diet during this yummy time of the year. Well, that and inevitable weight gain. :annoyed:

But on the JUDDD plan, if you respect your calorie ceilings, you are going to enter this wonderful time of the year able to lose weight AND eat very, very, very well! On JUDDD, we truly do get to have our cake and eat it too! LOLOLOL

Having today be a first UD was a good idea. Now you will be well fueled for your first DD tomorrow, and we'll all be offering encouragement to you. Glad you're with us! :welcome:

SoHappy 11-24-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinjob (Post 15201412)
I overdid it and had two UDs in a row because of holiday celebrations. Should I do 2 DDs to make up for it?

You know.. you could. But I wouldn't.

It's not really necessary, and frankly, I'd cave. Or else I'd be one cranky old wife to my DH. :laugh:

It's not that two DDs in a row will start to slow your metabolism that quickly or anything. Just that it really isn't necessary.

I'd just get back into my normal and regular rotation and be especially good about it, and I'll bet there will be very little negative repercussion from the two UDs in a row at all. That is so little different than those who do an UD plus a MD every single weekend, etc. You didn't do much more than that.

Skinjob 11-24-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15201428)
You know.. you could. But I wouldn't.

It's not really necessary, and frankly, I'd cave. Or else I'd be one cranky old wife to my DH. :laugh:

It's not that two DDs in a row will start to slow your metabolism that quickly or anything. Just that it really isn't necessary.

I'd just get back into my normal and regular rotation and be especially good about it, and I'll bet there will be very little negative repercussion from the two UDs in a row at all. That is so little different than those who do an UD plus a MD every single weekend, etc. You didn't do much more than that.

Okay thanks. These holidays are tough with family members having parties on consecutive days. I actually made it all the way to dinner and was planning to just pick at my food and hope no one noticed but it was impossible and probably ate 1000 calories at dinner alone! So it's a DD tomorrow after a failed one today.

E.W. 11-24-2011 07:08 PM

What little family I have is all out of town so I had a thanksgiving with a big group of my
friends. It's kind of funny I have been eating all I wanted on my UD's these past 3 months so today I realy didn't eat any more than I usualy do on an UD. I have another
dinner I have to go to tomorow so that will be 2 UD's in a row so I shure won't lose a lot this week. It's kind of funny my attitude toward weight loss has changed a little. I realy
feal like this is a WOE that I can stay on for a long long time that hapens to have a side
effect of weight loss as opposed to a "diet" that I am on to lose the weigth.

avecrain 11-24-2011 07:34 PM

Total cheat day today, feeling good about it. No calorie counting, no calorie thinking. A little exercise (30 Day Shred and 45 minute dog walk), but mostly sloth and piggy greed. Thanksgiving comes but once a year!

SoHappy 11-24-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.W. (Post 15201519)
What little family I have is all out of town so I had a thanksgiving with a big group of my
friends. It's kind of funny I have been eating all I wanted on my UD's these past 3 months so today I realy didn't eat any more than I usualy do on an UD. I have another
dinner I have to go to tomorow so that will be 2 UD's in a row so I shure won't lose a lot this week. It's kind of funny my attitude toward weight loss has changed a little. I realy
feal like this is a WOE that I can stay on for a long long time that hapens to have a side
effect of weight loss as opposed to a "diet" that I am on to lose the weigth.

That's how I think about my foods now too.

I do JUDDD. This is how I eat now. So all I have to do is eat. Higher calories. Lower calories. Anything I want. That's it. I don't have to worry about weight loss. That part is almost neither here nor there. It just happens. That's just a side-effect of how I like to eat now. *I* don't have to manage my weight. JUDDD just does that for me. :laugh:

SoHappy 11-24-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avecrain (Post 15201568)
Total cheat day today, feeling good about it. No calorie counting, no calorie thinking. A little exercise (30 Day Shred and 45 minute dog walk), but mostly sloth and piggy greed. Thanksgiving comes but once a year!

I love it! Sounds like you had a fun and completely delightful Thanksgiving. What a nice break in our lives this feast day was. Glad you enjoyed yours!

Seabreezes 11-24-2011 08:01 PM

Being many hours behind most of you, we are now just leaving to go to dinner. We are going to a fabulous restaurant with close friends so I know dinner will be wonderful. It is a buffet that I will be able to take many tastes from and I will even enjoy a bit of desert and not feel like i need to apologize to myself. I'll also enjoy a couple of glasses of wonderful wine - the wind cellar there is quite well known for it's selections.

It sounds as if everyone enjoyed their day.

Beeb 11-24-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCramer (Post 15201395)
Hi you JUDDD ladies,

I am new to JUDDD today, I thought it was a good day to start ;)

Tomorrow will be my first DD, I have Atkins shakes on hand just to make it easier. I have figured my UD calories at 1969 and my DD calories at 467, but I am going to do 500.

I am really looking forward to giving this WOE a spin and getting to know everyone better. :hiya:

:welcome: and GREAT idea to make tomorrow your first DD, this was brilliant, and your calories look just right!! :high5::clap: Hoping you love JUDDD as much as the rest of us do and so glad to see you joining our JUDDD family!!! :shake:

SoHappy 11-24-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabreezes (Post 15201607)
Being many hours behind most of you, we are now just leaving to go to dinner. We are going to a fabulous restaurant with close friends so I know dinner will be wonderful. It is a buffet that I will be able to take many tastes from and I will even enjoy a bit of desert and not feel like i need to apologize to myself. I'll also enjoy a couple of glasses of wonderful wine - the wind cellar there is quite well known for it's selections.

It sounds as if everyone enjoyed their day.

Have a wonderful meal. It sounds like it will be a lovely Thanksgiving for you. Let us know the fun choices you decided on for your meal. It sounds like a really nice buffet.

Beeb 11-24-2011 08:20 PM

I ate EVERYTHING! :doh::jumpjoy::stars::laugh:! Thank GOODNESS tomorrow is a DD! :doh::up:

julietcc 11-24-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15201634)
I ate EVERYTHING! :doh::jumpjoy::stars::laugh:! Thank GOODNESS tomorrow is a DD! :doh::up:


I ate everything too and I'm stuffed!!! The kind of stuffed where you just sit on the sofa and feel waaaay too stuffed. Tomorrow I am seeing my mom so I don't
think I can just eat 500 calories in front of her but I'll try! She'd making sloppy Joe's so maybe I'll just eat a half of one.

I'm going to throw what I think I ate into ************ out of curiosity. I'm guessing I ate about 3500 calories :stars:

kris4chloe 11-24-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15201634)
I ate EVERYTHING! :doh::jumpjoy::stars::laugh:! Thank GOODNESS tomorrow is a DD! :doh::up:

yep me too! and i am kind of ok with it, because i know instead of sending me into a spiral of out of control eating I can just have a good DD tomorrow and will recover just fine. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15201648)

I'm going to throw what I think I ate into ************ out of curiosity. I'm guessing I ate about 3500 calories :stars:

you are braver then me, i am thinking i am that much if not more. but who knows, i honestly could not eat as much as i have in the past, probaby from all my DD's, just takes me so much less to get full. Maybe tomorrow I will but for now I am taking my slothly self to bed. :hyst:

julietcc 11-24-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris4chloe (Post 15201709)
yep me too! and i am kind of ok with it, because i know instead of sending me into a spiral of out of control eating I can just have a good DD tomorrow and will recover just fine. :)



you are braver then me, i am thinking i am that much if not more. but who knows, i honestly could not eat as much as i have in the past, probaby from all my DD's, just takes me so much less to get full. Maybe tomorrow I will but for now I am taking my slothly self to bed. :hyst:

I may be a few hundred lower or higher since I didn't bring out the measuring cups but I came up with 3,612 calories!!! Yowza. Thank goodness Thanksgiving is only once a year and I hit my new low this morning! I have that uncomfortably stuffed feeling. Blaaaah.

Low Carb Librarian 11-24-2011 10:57 PM

I am way too full also... But I didn't eat THAT much. I think my stomach has shrunk since I started JUDDD in October.

Mommie22boys 11-24-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15201165)
Thanksgiving UD here...

B: sour cream fried cake (totally unnecessary, but nommy!)
S: pretzels w/ veggie cheese dip
L/D: turkey, sweet tater spoon bread, devilled eggs, applesauce, small scoop of mashed taters w/ gravy, cran sauce, Cole slaw, 1/2 slice of zuke bread w/ butter (all were small portions...no seconds)
S: a very small slice of pumpkin pie w/ whipped topping

I'm hovering in the 1700-1750 range right now. Planning on having coffee w/ h&h and creamer later.

Stick a fork in me, gals...

I ended up at 2156...300 over my goal. I usually go midnight shopping on t-giving night, so in preparation, I had a turkey sandwich and a roll about 9:00. Then I decided not to go out after all, so wah-lah...300 extra fuel calories I figured wouldn't hurt as I shopped all night long. Now they are 300 extra calories I get to take to bed with me. Oh well...considering all of the extra calories I COULD have chosen to eat today, I am pretty pleased with how I did today.

Look, Ma! No guilt!

DD tomorrow. Work your magic, baby!

Seabreezes 11-24-2011 11:34 PM

I had quite a few things that are not traditional Thanksgiving food such as a pea and shrimp salad - yummy, Waldorf Salad, something billed as a healthy salad-not sure what was in it but some interesting herbs as the flavors were wonderful, a bit of Caesar salad and some fresh fruit and sushi. That was the first round.

I didn't have any fresh oysters, but most of our group had a lot of them and said they were really good.

For the second round we had turkey, stuffing, ham, prime rib, chicken, fresh fish in Champagne sauce. au gratin potaotes and string beans with onions. For the children they had spaghetti with meatballs, hot dogs, french fries, etc. I had a little bit of each of the meats and some stuffing - not the children's selections!

Then there was desert. I had a sliver of cheesecake and a sliver of haupia(coconut) cake. There must have been 20 different deserts to choose from.

Lovely wine was served with all of this, too. I feel as if I never need to eat again!!

Tomorrow is a travel day for us so a couple of hours at the airport and then a long flight. We will be staying in a hotel with very expensive internet so will only have my Iphone. I will try to keep up reading, but will not be posting much for the next couple of weeks. I will probably just have to keep to low carb for my eating out meals.

Have a great DD for those of us that had our big meal today!!!

Now it is on to Christmas and the end of the year!!!

sazzie 11-25-2011 07:04 AM

I have absolutely no idea of my calorie count because I kept noshing all day and by last night, I needed some carbonation to relieve my tummy.
Talk about a free day!!!

My DD today is most welcome and my tummy will indeed thank me for it!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 PM.