Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Couple ??'s (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746532-couple-s.html)

Gulaab 11-22-2011 12:30 PM

Couple ??'s
 
So I've decided to try JUDDD, started yesterday with a DD and it wasn't too bad, had my coffee w/ H&H and then sipped on 4 cups of Trader Joe's chicken brother all day, and salad for dinner.

Today will be an UP, need to get around 2000 cals, so far I'm at 950 (venti NF white mocha for breakfast, and spinach/cheese for lunch)

First question, I've read several posts about not losing for the first couple weeks. For you all that have experienced this, do you see any changes physically? Do you feel lighter and its just the number isn't moving? Or you don't see/notice any changes whatsoever?

Second question; Does anyone take HCG drops while on JUDDD? Before I decided to try it out I ordered a bottle and don't really want to waste it....

Thanks!!

Dottie 11-22-2011 12:35 PM

If you're coming off of strict low carb, you may show a little gain as your body adjusts to adding carbs back in.
I have not had a stellar loss my first month on plan (between 4 and 5lbs) BUT I've lost a lot of size that I can tell by how my clothing is fitting.
Physically I feel better. More energy, even (especially) on down days.
I don't know much about hcg, but I believe it has a long shelf life, so you may be able to store it until a later date.

Gulaab 11-22-2011 12:43 PM

Thanks for the response Dottie, I used to fixate on the number but this time around I'm looking more at how my clothes fit, if my face is slimming down, etc. I'm going to only try and weigh once a week, otherwise the fluctuations stress me out too much!

Beeb 11-22-2011 12:50 PM

I was one of the lucky ones who started to lose right away on JUDDD and continued to goal and beyond but most find that the scale will go up a bit and than start to go down after the first week or so. If you are doing a LC or VLC WOE and you introduce carbs back in your will retain water while your body adjusts to the change in the foods you are eating.

I suggest if you decide to try JUDDD you should read the book or go on the site and do "as suggested" by either or both of these. There is lots of great information on this forum also and I suggest you read as much of SoHappy's posts as you can. She is our Guru on JUDDD and has been at it for years now. She always suggests, as I have been doing, that you do the plan as it's written, for at least 2 weeks, and then see how it goes before you decide to tweak.

As far as HCG, I'm no help there, but I'm sure someone will be able to address this for you very soon.

Hope you decide to join our JUDDD family! :shake:

handbells 11-22-2011 12:51 PM

Gulaab-

Welcome! I hear you about the fluctuations and stress. It absolutely killed me to wait a full week to weigh myself! After one week on JUDDD, I am 2.6 pounds lighter and I can tell I have lost inches. Not sure how many because I forgot to measure last week.

Good luck!

handbells 11-22-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15196568)
I was one of the lucky ones who started to lose right away on JUDDD and continued to goal and beyond but most find that the scale will go up a bit and than start to go down after the first week or so. If you are doing a LC or VLC WOE and you introduce carbs back in your will retain water while your body adjusts to the change in the foods you are eating.

I suggest if you decide to try JUDDD you should read the book or go on the site and do "as suggested" by either or both of these. There is lots of great information on this forum also and I suggest you read as much of SoHappy's posts as you can. She is our Guru on JUDDD and has been at it for years now. She always suggests, as I have been doing, that you do the plan as it's written, for at least 2 weeks, and then see how it goes before you decide to tweak.

As far as HCG, I'm no help there, but I'm sure someone will be able to address this for you very soon.

Hope you decide to join our JUDDD family! :shake:

As a side note, the book recommends using SlimFast, Atkins, or other type of shake for the first two (I think two...it may be one. Don't have the book on me to check) on your DD's. I did not do this. It was much easier to eat what I could.

Gracie514 11-22-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulaab (Post 15196514)
So I've decided to try JUDDD, started yesterday with a DD and it wasn't too bad, had my coffee w/ H&H and then sipped on 4 cups of Trader Joe's chicken brother all day, and salad for dinner.

Today will be an UP, need to get around 2000 cals, so far I'm at 950 (venti NF white mocha for breakfast, and spinach/cheese for lunch)

First question, I've read several posts about not losing for the first couple weeks. For you all that have experienced this, do you see any changes physically? Do you feel lighter and its just the number isn't moving? Or you don't see/notice any changes whatsoever?

Second question; Does anyone take HCG drops while on JUDDD? Before I decided to try it out I ordered a bottle and don't really want to waste it....

Thanks!!

I've lost but I could've lost more if I would stick to the program! I'm only down about 6 lbs. since I started BUT my clothes fit much better and I feel like my body is thinner. Another weird thing is my rings on my fingers are very loose. They twirl around now :dunno: I did read that this WOE reduces inflammation so that may explain it. Last week I went away for 3 days to Hershey, PA and ate pretty much whatever I wanted. Then over the weekend I had some beer and ate lots of not-so-good things. My weight is pretty much the same as before all of these escapades :laugh::laugh:

I fully believe that if I follow this close to as-written I can get to goal this way. I personally wouldn't use the hcg with JUDDD. I've lost a lot on hcg but got burned out. The hcg is pulling extra calories into your system so I don't think it would work with JUDDD. You could try though - you could be our guinea pig!!!

Best of luck to ya :up:

Beeb 11-22-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15196583)
As a side note, the book recommends using SlimFast, Atkins, or other type of shake for the first two (I think two...it may be one. Don't have the book on me to check) on your DD's. I did not do this. It was much easier to eat what I could.

:goodpost: and thanks for this, Handbells (Jenn), I totally forgot to add this in! :hugs:

Most of us find that just eating good food, things that are protein based and good filler uppers like veggies works wonderful to keep us full and satisfied on our DDs. I could never have done the shakes, but some do and with great result. I think it's all a matter of what will work for you to keep you from getting hungry and eating more DD calories then you should.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.