Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's MONDAY - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746338-its-monday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 11-20-2011 10:23 PM

It's MONDAY - what are you eating?

UD for me :)

Low Carb Librarian 11-20-2011 11:30 PM

It will be a much needed DD for me...

I've been a bad, bad girl...

handbells 11-21-2011 05:49 AM

DD for me. Kinda glad I had an allergy attack yesterday...will make the lower calories even easier today!

B- (at some point)-fruit smoothie (85)
L-Poke (132. Double batch to keep me full)
S-Not sure yet. Maybe some butternut squash soup? Although I'm not really feeling the soup vibe. Maybe some Greek yogurt instead (160) :)

Which still leaves me with 91 if I get hungry!

dasiey 11-21-2011 06:04 AM

Jenn what is Poke.

dasiey 11-21-2011 06:05 AM

DD for me today. I have a long
day of work today. So hoping
that will keep me busy.

handbells 11-21-2011 06:17 AM

Poke is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine. Pokē is the Hawaiian verb for "section" or "to slice or cut". Modern poke typically consists of cubed ʻahi (yellowfin tuna) sashimi marinated with sea salt, a small amount of soy sauce, inamona (roasted crushed candlenut), sesame oil, limu seaweed, and chopped chili pepper. Other variations' ingredients may include cured heʻe (octopus), other types of raw tuna, raw salmon and other kinds of sashimi, sliced or diced Maui onion, furikake, hot sauce (such as sambal olek), chopped ʻohiʻa (tomato), tobiko (flying fish roe), ogo or other types of seaweed, and garlic.

I keep mine very simple. Just a little soy and some spices.

mttemple4 11-21-2011 06:38 AM

I totally thought you meant poke as in pokeweed the vegetable, which I have never eaten but have some strange recollection of my southern grandma mentioning it. :laugh: The poke you are having sounds infinitely more appetizing.

Second DD for me. My calories are still a bit high but I'm getting there and slowly ramping it downward.

B (207): two slices Applegate Farms turkey bacon
oat bran galette
maple grove farms sugar free syrup

L (128): 3 cups romaine, maple groves balsalmic, 2 Hebrew National FF dogs, pickles and mustard

D (308): chicken breast with garlic and white wine, very small baked potato (!), 2 T sour cream

Total 643.

Sandelio 11-21-2011 06:46 AM

Me and LCLibrarian need to be sent to a corner - I was baaaaaaaaddddd yesterday too!

Actually HAPPY it's a DD!

Chicken noodle soup with crackers for dinner plus a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich = 400 cals for the day.

But I DID do 30 mins on the treadmill this morning! Gotta make that a HABIT again!

2muchme 11-21-2011 07:09 AM

wow, Sandy!! Already on the treadmill?! I'm so impressed, as I sit here on the couch sipping my coffee. :up:

DD for me too. Don't know what I'm hungry for today. It's too early to think about food yet. I try to put off eating until afternoon on DDs. Eating early just opens the floodgates early. I'm fine if I don't eat in the first place. At some point, though, I know my hunger will get the best of me. Evenings are the worst! :laugh:

Skinjob 11-21-2011 07:12 AM

DD for me.

Coffee, broth, veggies, whatever gets me through.

Dottie 11-21-2011 07:17 AM

DD for me and I have to go shopping for all the candy and stuff I'm making for Thanksgiving. Glad it's a dd after the pasta and bread yesterday I'm bloated and feel like a slug!

B: coffee w/almond milk; 1/2 a super low muffin
D: taco salad (yes! 4oz 96% lean beef cooked w/taco seasonings, romaine, dressing of walden farms ranch and tiger sauce, a joseph's pita cut into triangles, spritzed with cooking spray and baked as chips: 253 calories)
S: I calorie budgeted for 2 cups of herb-ox sodium free broth w/2T dried veggies

Approximate total for today: 385 calories! SO plenty of room if I find a low-cal cheese or FF sour cream for my taco salad at the store:)

julietcc 11-21-2011 07:27 AM

DD for me.

B: Coffee with half and half (non negotiable :D)
L: Small salad or sandwich (out for lunch everyday for work)
D. Progresso Light soup

Aiming for 600.

Tyl 11-21-2011 07:45 AM

dd for me

tilapia and frozen veggies x2 for me today, maybe some 100 cal kettle corn to round out the night.

dasiey 11-21-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15192569)
Poke is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine. Pokē is the Hawaiian verb for "section" or "to slice or cut". Modern poke typically consists of cubed ʻahi (yellowfin tuna) sashimi marinated with sea salt, a small amount of soy sauce, inamona (roasted crushed candlenut), sesame oil, limu seaweed, and chopped chili pepper. Other variations' ingredients may include cured heʻe (octopus), other types of raw tuna, raw salmon and other kinds of sashimi, sliced or diced Maui onion, furikake, hot sauce (such as sambal olek), chopped ʻohiʻa (tomato), tobiko (flying fish roe), ogo or other types of seaweed, and garlic.

thank you now I know.....

handbells 11-21-2011 08:10 AM

Dasiey- I copied and pasted from Wikipedia. Forgot to mention that! lol! It's very tasty and very filling because there's so much protein.

shari 11-21-2011 08:11 AM

DD for me too...very boring meal today, boiled eggs and hot dogs.
I'm sure I went over on cals yesterday's UD so I need to get sent to the corner too. :laugh:

jandjsmom 11-21-2011 08:15 AM

DD for me

Really want to stay very low today, preparing for Thanksgiving!!!

B- coffee with 1 T HWC, 3 t.xylitol 80 calories
L- 1 cup almond milk with Vanilla Torani and 1 t. coconut oil (kills my appetite!) 70calories
D- HN hot dog 40 calories
1 wedge LC 35 calories
1 FF tortilla 89 calories
S- Swiss miss hot cocoa 25 calories

Total 309 calories!

kel7298 11-21-2011 08:37 AM

DD for me :)

kris4chloe 11-21-2011 08:46 AM

DD for me

Add me to the Bad Girl campaign, this whole weekend was a food fest. ugh

I will be sticking to my normal DD eats. Oatmeal, soup, broth, veggies.

Hoping for two good DD's to get back down to where I was on Friday plus some before Thanksgiving.

vilanteira 11-21-2011 09:02 AM

UD today.

B: pumpkin muffin, 4 slices of bacon, 2 eggs
L: ?
D: homemade crustless pizza

I may not eat lunch or will just have something small because I'm so stuffed from breakfast, although I'll probably need to squeeze in a snack or two to get up to my UD limit.

avecrain 11-21-2011 09:09 AM

DD for me. Babysitting again tonight. Hopefully not eating anything tonight, then making a huge bowl of the yummy broth with hot sauce, vinegar, and lemon juice and slurpin that while the kiddo eats chicken nuggets and grapes.

ETA: and then probably 1/2 c. lf cottage cheese with steamed broc when i get home.

ooodsie 11-21-2011 10:04 AM

UD for me. Breakfast was 2 eggs over easy and 2 slices wheat toast. Lunch is going to be Sushi, mmmmmmmmmmm spicy salmon roll I've missed you! :) and not sure about dinner yet. I may try to go Outback or Bonefish Grill.

***question for you guys on DD's - it sounds like a lot of you only eat one meal a day on your DD? So if it's dinner.. how do you keep from starving all morning/afternoon?

vilanteira 11-21-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooodsie (Post 15193270)
***question for you guys on DD's - it sounds like a lot of you only eat one meal a day on your DD? So if it's dinner.. how do you keep from starving all morning/afternoon?

It was tough for me at first, because I'd always been a huge breakfast eater, and I realized quickly that eating that early on DDs didn't work for me at all, because it'd trigger hunger for the rest of the day, since I couldn't eat a huge calorie-dense breakfast either.

Then I noticed a lot of people mentioned that they drank coffee all day long and it seemed to supress hunger, so I tried it even though I don't drink coffee. It worked. After almost a month of doing this though, sometimes I don't really even need the coffee. I can usually just make it past the one or two hunger pangs that pop during the day and last until just about dinnertime.

Piccina 11-21-2011 10:59 AM

UD for me

B: coffee, 2 frozen waffles, 1 tbsp. margarine, 1 mandarin, 1 individual container yogurt
L: 1 1/2 c. cream of mushroom soup, 10 crackers
D: 2 homemade 'egg mc muffins', on whole wheat toast though

That puts me at 1350 calories so I'll also have some green veggies, maybe a banana, a cookie depending how the day goes.

Piccina 11-21-2011 11:03 AM

Ooh, I'm one of the no food until dinner on a down day too. I drink a lot of coffee throughout the day, but I'm a huge coffee drinker as is (I'm Italian... I have two small children... etc lol). If I eat before dinner, I get hungrier than I would have if I hadn't eaten. If I'm really dying some chicken broth just to fill up my stomach and taste something or some SF jello does the trick.

ooodsie 11-21-2011 11:20 AM

I think I can skip breakfast without a problem, so maybe tomorrow I'll just do tea in the morning (I'm not a coffee drinker) and see how long I can go before I am starving. I have a feeling I'd cave around 3pm? Even so, a small lunch and then dinner would be a better use of calories than wasting 100 at breakfast would be.

Kissa 11-21-2011 03:19 PM

Enjoyed my UD.

Gym, soya latte, then left over taco meat for lunch.

Met DD2 and her DH at Heathrow ariport and had a soya latte and mini stollen while waiting for them. Then prepared a lovely piece of roast pork this evening. Ate the 'Yorkshire pudding' and roast potatoes, haven't worked out my cals but I "feel" they are right.

Okay 1,729, a bit over my 1,650 but not bad. I'd have been fine without the two glasses over sparkling wine, lol.

Seabreezes 11-21-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15192569)

Do you live in Hawaii?

handbells 11-21-2011 05:24 PM

lol...no. I'm on the East Coast. I've never even been to Hawaii :(

Seabreezes 11-21-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15194393)
lol...no. I'm on the East Coast. I've never even been to Hawaii :(

Costco's here have a huge fresh poki area where you buy it by the pound as well as all the grocery stores. It is served at almost every party anyone has here. A definite staple and the fact that it is low carb and great protein is really good.