Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What Do You Do With Your Laughing Cow Cheese? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746333-what-do-you-do-your-laughing-cow-cheese.html)

Beeb 11-20-2011 08:01 PM

What Do You Do With Your Laughing Cow Cheese?
 
I spread mine on cocopop cakes or mini rice cakes, put it in the middle of my burgers, add it to my DD eggbeater omelets, spread it on sliced turkey or ham to make roll ups, use it for a spread on crackers, mini toast or cracker crisps, stuff into celery, or use it as a sandwich spread with lunch meat.

What do you do with your Laughing Cow Cheese?

handbells 11-20-2011 08:08 PM

I make cheese sandwich crackers with it and mini rice snack cakes (salt and cracked pepper flavor...yum!)

HG Grilfredo

By itself! lol!

Dottie 11-21-2011 06:32 AM

Jenn you're going to be hooked on the HG recipe lol :)
I like it in celery, on burgers, the HG alfredo was really good, mixed with just a touch of almond milk and melted for a cheesy dip for broccoli(or poured over as a sauce on any veggie).
I'm thinking melted in a cup of chicken broth with the dried veggies would make a nice creamy soup, too.

jandjsmom 11-21-2011 06:35 AM

Found this recipe this weekend, going to try it this week!

. Use either mushrooms, banana peppers or bell peppers. With mushrooms, take out the stems & just use the caps. With peppers, remove the seeds & slice lengthwise into halves or quarters. Fill the insides with the laughing cow cheese flavor of your choice. Optional: top each with a piece of bacon (uncooked), cut to fit.
Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes (depends on your oven; should be well-cooked but not singed).


1 white mushroom has 3 calories, so 10 mushrooms with 1 wedge cheese is only 60 calories! Great side dish with a piece of baked chicken!!

Tyl 11-21-2011 06:37 AM

i buy bagel thins for 110 cals and i will toast one half and spread that delish light swiss cheese on that toasted bagel. yummo

julietcc 11-21-2011 06:37 AM

Thanks for all the great ideas! I finally bought some and had my first wedge yesterday. I ate it on my Dr. Kracker 3 seed crackers from netrition.

nikki 11-21-2011 06:41 AM

I slice it onto my GG's Scandinavian Crispbread or I melt it into my omelette and serve it with a La Tortilla Factory Low-Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla and Pico Pica hot sauce.

Sometimes I just eat it plain!

shirlc 11-21-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15192811)
Jenn you're going to be hooked on the HG recipe lol :)
I like it in celery, on burgers, the HG alfredo was really good, mixed with just a touch of almond milk and melted for a cheesy dip for broccoli(or poured over as a sauce on any veggie).
I'm thinking melted in a cup of chicken broth with the dried veggies would make a nice creamy soup, too.

Dottie, what does "HG" stand for?

and where would one find dried veggies?

Thanks!

avecrain 11-21-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15192828)
Found this recipe this weekend, going to try it this week!

. Use either mushrooms, banana peppers or bell peppers. With mushrooms, take out the stems & just use the caps. With peppers, remove the seeds & slice lengthwise into halves or quarters. Fill the insides with the laughing cow cheese flavor of your choice. Optional: top each with a piece of bacon (uncooked), cut to fit.
Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes (depends on your oven; should be well-cooked but not singed).


1 white mushroom has 3 calories, so 10 mushrooms with 1 wedge cheese is only 60 calories! Great side dish with a piece of baked chicken!!

Mmmm, this sounds GREAT!

Dottie 11-21-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlc (Post 15193084)
Dottie, what does "HG" stand for?

and where would one find dried veggies?

Thanks!

Hungry Girl and I found Harmony House brand soup mix veggies on amazon. They're good, dried veggies only, no salt or anything added.

vilanteira 11-21-2011 08:56 AM

I often have it squished in between several deli ham slices or on cut veggies.

I like it plain too, and one wedge makes a great low calorie but filling snack on DDs!

cookwithme65 11-21-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15192828)
Found this recipe this weekend, going to try it this week!

. Use either mushrooms, banana peppers or bell peppers. With mushrooms, take out the stems & just use the caps. With peppers, remove the seeds & slice lengthwise into halves or quarters. Fill the insides with the laughing cow cheese flavor of your choice. Optional: top each with a piece of bacon (uncooked), cut to fit.
Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes (depends on your oven; should be well-cooked but not singed).


1 white mushroom has 3 calories, so 10 mushrooms with 1 wedge cheese is only 60 calories! Great side dish with a piece of baked chicken!!

Great idea Jan. I love mushroom!

Rainypep 11-21-2011 09:41 AM

many of the same, but I also sub it for butter on down day toast when I can't afford the butter.

shirlc 11-21-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15193236)
Hungry Girl and I found Harmony House brand soup mix veggies on amazon. They're good, dried veggies only, no salt or anything added.

Thanks, I'll look that up!

piratejenny 11-21-2011 02:44 PM

FYI: I went to Aldi's a couple days ago, and their version of LCC was $2 cheaper than at my regular grocery store! $1.49 vs 3.49 (or maybe even $3.59 or 3.79...whatever it is, I couldn't afford it! I'm a little bit in love with Aldi's! :love:

ouizoid 11-21-2011 03:13 PM

I top a Bran-a-crisp cracker (14 cals) with one wedge of chipotle queso laughing cow, and then top with a tbs of sugar free apricot jam. 50 calories and so yummy and filling.


I stir a wedge of blue cheese laughing cow into a stirfry of veggies and shiritaki noodles. I then sprinkle the top with some buffalo wing sauce--if I have the calories available, I add a few diced buffalo chicken meatballs.

I mix one hardboiled egg with one chipotle queso laughing cow. A very filling 100 calorie snack.

I add 1 wedge plain LCC to a pack of shiritaki rice, a little sf maple syrup. Nuke and stir til cheese is melted--"oatmeal" sub.

there are a lot more. gotta think!

leonak 11-21-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15194157)
FYI: I went to Aldi's a couple days ago, and their version of LCC was $2 cheaper than at my regular grocery store! $1.49 vs 3.49 (or maybe even $3.59 or 3.79...whatever it is, I couldn't afford it! I'm a little bit in love with Aldi's! :love:

Thanks for the info!!! I did not know Aldi's had these:dunno:, will be looking for them now :up:

piratejenny 11-21-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15194442)
Thanks for the info!!! I did not know Aldi's had these:dunno:, will be looking for them now :up:

They didn't have all the flavors everyone is talking about, but their "light" wedges are only 25 cal each...10 less than Laughing Cow!

Beeb 11-21-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15194511)
They didn't have all the flavors everyone is talking about, but their "light" wedges are only 25 cal each...10 less than Laughing Cow!

This will work for me! On my way to Aldi's on Wednesday! Thanks for the heads up, PJ!! :up:

Mommie22boys 11-21-2011 07:06 PM

Ooo...I love Aldi's! I was just there this afternoon. I'll have to keep an eye out for these on my next trip.

I like the blue cheese LCs spread on a CocoPop and then topped with a few thin slices of turkey. I use the Swiss ones on my Boca vegan burgers...no condiment needed. I really like the idea of using them to make a little sauce though. May have to give that a try sometime. Thanks for the tip!

sophiethecat 11-22-2011 10:50 PM

I have the Aldi's brand too - bought 2 pkgs at my last trip! Just haven't tried it yet because I still have LC and a WW one to use up.

Anyway, so far I just spread it on toasted low cal bread. But you all have given a lot of good ideas to try! :)

shirlc 11-27-2011 11:43 AM

Today for lunch, I had 2 oz. sauer kraut, 1 Hebrew National FF Frank, sliced, and 1 wedge of Laughing Cow (Light Mozzerella, Sundried Tomato and Basil) melted on top. Really good for only 85 calories!

Beeb 11-27-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlc (Post 15206129)
Today for lunch, I had 2 oz. sauer kraut, 1 Hebrew National FF Frank, sliced, and 1 wedge of Laughing Cow (Light Mozzerella, Sundried Tomato and Basil) melted on top. Really good for only 85 calories!

THIS ^^^^ sounds :yummy:!!

Dottie 11-27-2011 01:35 PM

I just made a cup of herb-ox sodium free chicken broth, added 2T green salsa and a wedge of LC cheese to it. Creamy green chili soup - very tasty :)

julietcc 11-27-2011 02:14 PM

I'm eating a turkey sandwich right now. instead of mayo I used my garlic and herb laughing cow cheese. Delicious and a lot fewer calories!

Majella 11-29-2011 02:04 PM

so many cool things to do with them, I usually go to the fridge and gobble one right up. I hate the light ones though and haven seen the garlic and herb one. I like melba toasts with cheese on it though:)

jandjsmom 11-30-2011 05:33 AM

Just found this from Hungry Girl


BCCs (Beany Cheesy Cups)
PER SERVING (1/3rd of recipe, 5 pieces): 121 calories, 3.5g fat, 332mg sodium, 17g carbs, 2g fiber, 1g sugars, 6g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

First there were BFFs... Now BCCs!





Ingredients:
1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
One 15-piece box frozen Athens Mini Fillo Shells
Spices: ground cumin, chili powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place shells on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine beans, cheese, 1/8 tsp. cumin, and 1/8 tsp. chili powder. Mix until completely smooth and blended.

Evenly distribute bean-cheese mixture among the shells. Bake in the oven until mixture is hot and shells are golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Allow to cool slightly, and then CHEW!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS

mttemple4 11-30-2011 05:49 AM

On my down day yesterday I made a delicious wrap for about 220 calories. I started with one piece of bacon in a pan (how could this story end badly now?) and then, when it was almost done, threw in 90 calories worth of grilled chicken strips. I warmed up one low carb tortilla in the microwave with one wedge of Laughing Cow on it as it warmed. Spread the LC on the tortilla and let the chicken and bacon, which I placed on top, melt the rest. Delicious!

Dottie 11-30-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mttemple4 (Post 15213263)
On my down day yesterday I made a delicious wrap for about 220 calories. I started with one piece of bacon in a pan (how could this story end badly now?) and then, when it was almost done, threw in 90 calories worth of grilled chicken strips. I warmed up one low carb tortilla in the microwave with one wedge of Laughing Cow on it as it warmed. Spread the LC on the tortilla and let the chicken and bacon, which I placed on top, melt the rest. Delicious!

That sounds good! I'm a lettuce fiend, so I'd probably add a cup or 2 of shredded lettuce to it to make me feel like it's "greener" lol:)

mttemple4 11-30-2011 05:57 AM

Yes, I think lettuce and tomato would have been great! Or skip the wrap and just put it on lettuce. (BTW, the chili was awesome--had it for UD and DD, just with no cheese yesterday! LOL Hubby had it x2 as well. Thank you!)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 PM.