Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!!

Well, I hope this doesn't come across as "scolding" but I need to say this in a new thread for all the Newbies and anyone who has only been on the JUDDD WOE for less than 2 weeks OR who isn't having the success that I KNOW this WOE can give.

PLEASE, give this plan a chanced to work AS IT'S SUGGESTED on the JUDDD site and by those who give suggestions, have done this plan successfully and may have been at it longer than the rest of us.

2 weeks, as suggested then if you need or want tweak until your hearts desire, but give it the 2 weeks at the calories that you have found as an average on a few sties for you DDs and UDs. Try the rotation of UD, DD, UD, DD, etc for the first 2 weeks and then if things are moving along at the wonderful "magical" pace that they should be, THEN throw in a MD, but PLEASE, do the regular rotation as suggested first. And yes, Dr. Johnson does say that we can do MDs, but also cautions about these days, and that discussion is in another thread here on our JUDDD forum about MDs if you care to read it.

IT WORKS, as suggested, and many have found that tweaking too soon or "winging it" or even throwing a MD in there too soon only leads to disappointment, staying at the same weight as they started, stalling out or not losing anymore after the first couple of UDs and DDs.

I totally understand that we all have different lives and sometimes things just don't "fit" as written, but if you could try to find a way for at least the first 2 weeks to do as is suggested for the JUDDD WOE I KNOW you will be pleasantly surprised how easy, and how wonderful JUDDD is.

Am I "scolding"? Well, I hope your perception doesn't have you seeing it this way and that you can actually see it as someone who has had GREAT success on JUDDD doing it just as it was written and would love to see others have the same success. I get frustrated when I see others being so frustrated with a WOE that is just amazingly easy, simple and like "magic" to a lot of us.

And for the record: I did do my DD calories higher than 500 but I started at a % level between the suggested 40% and 45% because I only had 6.6 pounds to lose to the goal I had set myself at the time, and I did as suggested, by Dr. Johnson, and with the help of Pat, to figure out the calories that would not let me sabotage this WOE before I even gave it a chance to work.

Just 2 weeks, that is all this WOE needs to work! I KNOW, been there, done that, and have amazing weight loss because of it!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-20-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain

Thanks. I am finally getting to my goal with hcg and really looking forward to maintaining with JUDDD (planning to start Dec 10th).

I did Atkins for many years but I am ready to move on and enjoy my UD's, carbs and all. I think JUDDD will be a good plan for me and plan to give it a good go. It always helps hearing feedback, advice and success from the "experts"
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FremenChick
Stats: 152/152/?
WOE: JUDDD + low-carb paleo
Hi Beeb,

Good advice.

I just finished my first week of try-outs. If I make it through 2 weeks I will officially put myself on a combo of Paleo and JUDDD. So far so good.

Cheers!
FremenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
It really is an amazing plan if you count your calories and respect your UD/DD numbers. It took me to a goal weight I could have never imagined and I don't even feel deprived

I've really been determined to do it right and eat within my limits. Sure no one is perfect and we all mess up. I've done it myself. But do your best because JUDDD can really work.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Questions for you ladies

I've been toying with the idea of starting Juddd for the past few weeks. I'm standing at the end of the high diving board, scared to take the dive.

I'm very afraid Juddd may wake up the sleeping carb craving monster lying within me

I want to get out of the 180,s. Its been two months of up's and down's on the scale

My calories required are;
UD 1772 calories
DD 354 calories

Would this qualify for a DD menu?
1 can soup 100 calories for two servings
1 can soup 240 calories for two servings
3 coffees 7 calories
2 powdered creams 20 calories
Total according to ****** 367

I plan on eating 1pm, through 7pm, spacing out the four servings. Should I do it different so as to starve off the hunger?

There's 66 carbs in these servings, high carbs make me hungry.

The DD's are like fasting days. I will have to mentally look at them as only one day of eating like this, followed by a UD of eating to my 1772 calorie limit

Has Juddd lead anyone to binging on UD's? Has it led to any cravings on DD's or UD's? Have you given up your morning coffee and cream on your DD's?
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateee View Post
Questions for you ladies

I've been toying with the idea of starting Juddd for the past few weeks. I'm standing at the end of the high diving board, scared to take the dive.

I'm very afraid Juddd may wake up the sleeping carb craving monster lying within me

I want to get out of the 180,s. Its been two months of up's and down's on the scale

UD 1772 calories
DD 354 calories

3 coffees 7 calories

I plan on eating 1pm, through 7pm, spacing out the four servings. Should I do it different so as to starve off the hunger?

The DD's are like fasting days. I will have to mentally look at them as only one day of eating like this, followed by a UD of eating to my 1772 calorie limit

Has Juddd lead anyone to binging on UD's? Has it led to any cravings on DD's or UD's? Have you given up your morning coffee and cream on your DD's?
I was also worried about the carb hunger. I've always had a problem with carbs making me binge (not to mention the mood swings, lethargy and so on). I think a lot of people that come off of a LC diet may binge their first couple of UDs.

I am into my second week, and surprisingly enough, I find that the carbs aren't effecting me as they once did and rather than seek out the junk food I was worried about, I am thinking about healthier, lower calorie options, even on UDs.

There are many people on here who are much more experienced than I, but from my limited experience, I say give it a 2 week try. If you find that your numbers need tweaking or even your carb count, that is all totally doable with JUDDD.
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Well, I hope this doesn't come across as "scolding" but I need to say this in a new thread for all the Newbies and anyone who has only been on the JUDDD WOE for less than 2 weeks OR who isn't having the success that I KNOW this WOE can give.

PLEASE, give this plan a chanced to work AS IT'S SUGGESTED on the JUDDD site and by those who give suggestions, have done this plan successfully and may have been at it longer than the rest of us.

2 weeks, as suggested then if you need or want tweak until your hearts desire, but give it the 2 weeks at the calories that you have found as an average on a few sties for you DDs and UDs. Try the rotation of UD, DD, UD, DD, etc for the first 2 weeks and then if things are moving along at the wonderful "magical" pace that they should be, THEN throw in a MD, but PLEASE, do the regular rotation as suggested first. And yes, Dr. Johnson does say that we can do MDs, but also cautions about these days, and that discussion is in another thread here on our JUDDD forum about MDs if you care to read it.

IT WORKS, as suggested, and many have found that tweaking too soon or "winging it" or even throwing a MD in there too soon only leads to disappointment, staying at the same weight as they started, stalling out or not losing anymore after the first couple of UDs and DDs.

I totally understand that we all have different lives and sometimes things just don't "fit" as written, but if you could try to find a way for at least the first 2 weeks to do as is suggested for the JUDDD WOE I KNOW you will be pleasantly surprised how easy, and how wonderful JUDDD is.

Am I "scolding"? Well, I hope your perception doesn't have you seeing it this way and that you can actually see it as someone who has had GREAT success on JUDDD doing it just as it was written and would love to see others have the same success. I get frustrated when I see others being so frustrated with a WOE that is just amazingly easy, simple and like "magic" to a lot of us.

And for the record: I did do my DD calories higher than 500 but I started at a % level between the suggested 40% and 45% because I only had 6.6 pounds to lose to the goal I had set myself at the time, and I did as suggested, by Dr. Johnson, and with the help of Pat, to figure out the calories that would not let me sabotage this WOE before I even gave it a chance to work.

Just 2 weeks, that is all this WOE needs to work! I KNOW, been there, done that, and have amazing weight loss because of it!
Thanks for the great advice Beeb!
cookwithme65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jandjsmom
Stats: 155/126/127 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 2011
Has Juddd lead anyone to binging on UD's? Has it led to any cravings on DD's or UD's? Have you given up your morning coffee and cream on your DD's?[/QUOTE]

I have only been on JUDDD one week, but I am loving it! I did not find that I even wanted to binge on UD, but I save most of my calories for dinner. That is how I have always been anyway. With that many calories, you really get to eat alot of food on UD!
DD's are my favorite though. Really alot easier and when I get a little hungry, I just think of how I'm losing and tomorrow I can eat. Where in the past, I would get discouraged thinking I will never be able to eat normal again!

And a big YES to my morning coffee. On DD's I have 1 T. HWC (50 calories) and the rest unsweetened almond milk in my coffee. Still Delish!!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Please do give it at least 2 weeks, even a little more if possible. I'm so glad I stuck with this, because I didn't start to lose until after 2 weeks of this really, but now I'm down 5.5lbs after doing JUDDD for barely even a month whereas I lost absolutely nothing on 5 1/2 months of strict low carb.

My carb intake is on the lower end of moderate, and although that's still a lot more than I was having while low carbing, I don't find that it causes cravings. I know everyone's different though, so it's hard to say.

Also, I find DDs so much easier to do when I don't start eating until at least 4:30pm or even later around dinnertime, because once I start eating, that's what triggers the hunger most of the time. This way I'm actually able to have a nice dinner and stick pretty close to the original DD numbers that were set for me at 389. I actually started drinking coffee on DDs even though I'm not a coffee drinker at all, because it really does help suppress the hunger until the time I want to start eating.

I'll admit to going a little crazy on my first few UDs, where I ate from around 300-1000 calories more than my limit, but it just sort of calmed down on its own once I adjusted. I don't even feel the urge to eat over my UD limit anymore. I don't have cravings or the urge to binge. It's truly liberating.

Ok...I'm confused as well. I don't really read many threads here so I don't know what's going on, but I'm just posting my own experience in hopes that it might help someone else who might give up just before they start to see things work.

Last edited by vilanteira; 11-21-2011 at 07:56 AM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Questions for you ladies

UD 1772 calories
DD 354 calories

3 coffees 7 calories

I think your menu looks great, especially since it looks like you are getting the concept of JUDDD right out of the gate! WTG!! And yes, you are only dieting every other day. It becomes easier and easier as the days, DDs and UDs go on and on, and you will probably look forward to the DDs like most of us do here for their simplicity.

There are NO forbidden foods on DDs or UDs, just what you want to limit yourself to. I do lower cal stuff on DDs because I want to, not because I have to and this has made all the difference to me in not binging......I don't feel the need to because I can now have anything I want and my UDs are filled with all that "forbidden" food I couldn't have on LC. Now the funniest thing is I just don't eat all the junk I use to anyway and it's probably because I can have it if I want it. JUDDD took the "you can't have and now you want" out of my life.

Others will chime in on the binging concern, too I think if you give JUDDD a try for 2 weeks you will be amazed on how wonderful this WOE can really be!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chona
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 8, 2011
I am about to finish my first week on JUDDD and so far, I have lost 3 lbs. Truth. I like the diet immensely. I come from a WW (Weight Watchers) background, lifetime member, but as i have entered the COL (Change of life) have found that it has not kept the weight from creeping back. JUDDD works. I do enjoy my coffee with cream on my DD, cause I love it. And do not find myself hungering or desiring to binge. Of course, I have relied heavily on the help from this amazing support group, especially Beeb, who has helped me through some of the adjustments. I think this is a keeper for me.
Thanks to all who have helped me without even realizing it.
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
And let me add, measure your waist & hips before you begin at the very least. Some of us have more inches lost and reshaping (better waist hip ratios) than our scale losses reflect.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
And let me add, measure your waist & hips before you begin at the very least. Some of us have more inches lost and reshaping (better waist hip ratios) than our scale losses reflect.
My new jeans are already to big for me...
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Thanks Paula!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Oh indeed, measure!

I just did and I thought I was thrilled with the 3 inches lost in my waist without measuring any other points. That was last week.

Well this morning, I measured my thighs and hips because they are the areas I'm most concerned about, and they were down 1 inch each.

My neck also was down another .5 inch and I will keep monitoring that because I don't want it to look saggy! Age has a way of doing that naturally! LOL
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nspeedracer
Stats: 149/137.4/115 5'3''0
OK, im giving it a chance but my starting weight was 144, had an UD then was 145, then had a DD (under 500 cals) and was 146... so im gaining so far.
I have to say Im very worried about this 'woe' and ending up fatter and starving!
nspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nspeedracer View Post
OK, im giving it a chance but my starting weight was 144, had an UD then was 145, then had a DD (under 500 cals) and was 146... so im gaining so far.
I have to say Im very worried about this 'woe' and ending up fatter and starving!
Hi, speedracer. I looked back over the postings in the *What are you Eating Today* threads for today and yesterday, but don't see your menus posted, so will just ask.. How low carb are your food choices?

Have you added back in a few more carbs since starting eating on the JUDDD plan? I ask only because most of us do, and that results in us gaining back some weight... not of FAT at all, but just from a bit of regained water weight.

You are not alone when it comes to the scale showing you some weight gain when you begin JUDDD if you eat more carb foods, but those food choices are some of the more delightful benefits JUDDD can offer us.. that is, eating at a somewhat higher carb level, without gaining back any body fat. Woo Hoo! Now.. we probably will gain a few pounds of that water weight back again, but since it isn't FAT, most of us just learn to shrug and grin and bear it.

But what you will undoubtedly find out as you continue is this: If you have set your calorie numbers correctly, and you respect those calorie ceilings, and you are even remotely reasonable in your food choices, you will almost assuredly lose body fat. Even as you are storing some water back in your muscle tissues and liver with the replaced carb fuel.

Unhappily, the scale can't tell us that we are actually losing body fat and getting slimmer at the same time we are replenishing water weight within our bodies, so that's why so many take measurements. It's nice to prove to yourself that you are slimming down, even as you may be carbing up.

I'll bet you are doing a great job and are well on your way to some real nice weight loss. Just expect some wildly amazing weight fluctuations along the way!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Are you eating all your UD calories? Are you coming off of VLC/LC onto this WOE? Things are ? that need to be answered, please before we can see what is going on.

Want to help, if I can, just need more info. Maybe even post your UD and DD menus so far?
Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

I was on low carb for about 5 days starting weight was 145 and ending at 144 so it was only one pound of water weight lost by low carb I have been eating carbs so I expected to put that pound back on but was a little suprised to gain an additional pound i didnt have especially after a down day...
ill keep trying other wise this would have been all in vain. I hope down days get easier cause i was soooooo hungry!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #20

Quote:
I was on low carb for about 5 days starting weight was 145 and ending at 144 so it was only one pound of water weight lost by low carb I have been eating carbs so I expected to put that pound back on but was a little suprised to gain an additional pound i didnt have especially after a down day...
ill keep trying other wise this would have been all in vain. I hope down days get easier cause i was soooooo hungry!
Would like to ask what your DD and UD calorie numbers are? This will help us to help you, please.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: traceym1
Quote:
i find down days doable and sometimes easy as i am use to not eating during the day. i have always found the earlier i begin eating the more hungry i get. i also like working out on fasted stomach and hunger passes. hope this helps
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Do you all take in account your sodium and sugar counts in your choice of foods? Or do you just stick with calorie counts?

Thanx
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Do you all take in account your sodium and sugar counts in your choice of foods? Or do you just stick with calorie counts?

Thanx
I just pay attention to the calorie numbers. I don't have a strong reaction to high salt foods, so rarely worry about sodium. I *carbed up* fairly early on in my JUDDDing, so at that point I didn't have to worry about water weight gain anymore. I pretty much filled up my water weight reserves, and now I carry whatever water weight my body holds, period. And after that water weight fill, I lost the weight of FAT, and that was the goal I was after.

If folks absolutely do not want the added numbers on the scale from water weight regain, then they absolutely must remain quite low carb in their eating forever.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #24

Quote:

Thanx
Just the calories here, also. And like Pat said, I also carbed up early in my JUDDD journey so I don't even worry about carbs anymore, BUT I do like those carbs to come from as many veggies as I can.

Last edited by Beeb; 11-23-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

My UD cals are are around 1700 and DD 500 . yesterday i had probably 2000 cals and gained another half pound and today hopefully this DD wont be as bad as the last...
I had to buy a new scale, mine was analog and I could barely see what the weight was, this digital says im heavier but now i can start putting up my cals and weights
Old 11-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #26

Quote:
My UD cals are are around 1700 and DD 500 . yesterday i had probably 2000 cals and gained another half pound and today hopefully this DD wont be as bad as the last...
I had to buy a new scale, mine was analog and I could barely see what the weight was, this digital says im heavier but now i can start putting up my cals and weights
If you can stick to those calories, which look good, I think you will be GOLDEN and on your way to JUDDD's "Magic"!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
when i first started on JUDDD i would gain a good pound or so after an UD and was pretty discouraged, but after about the third week i maintain or only go up anywhere from .2 to .4 and then lose about .6 to .8 on a DD.

I think our bodies need to ease into this WOE and adjust to the carb levels etc. I really think that my metabolism has finally been reset and I am just in my sixth week.

So I would say give it more then a few weeks, I am so glad I stuck to it.

It is hard to see slow weight loss when many of us had pretty quick weight loss when we first started LC but I am noticing a big difference in my body, etc.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
So Happy and Beep. I am wondering about adding carbs in and I see both of your say you carbed up early in the diet to get it over with. What carbs did start adding in that you restricted yourself from before?
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
So Happy and Beep. I am wondering about adding carbs in and I see both of your say you carbed up early in the diet to get it over with. What carbs did start adding in that you restricted yourself from before?
At first for me it was lots of veggie and fruit carbs (it was also August and all the fresh produce called to me) that I had restricted on LC. Then it was grains, breads, and some snack things. Now I pretty much eat whatever I want but still tend to stay away from the processed junk food and products in a box. I still make my own stuff, but when I do buy it's after reading every label on the shelf for the same product and only when I am happy with the ingredient list do I buy. I'm talking bread here, mostly and it's gotta be whole grains with whole ingredients that I know and can pronounce.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #30

Bump because I think THIS is really something everyone should read, especially Newbies.