Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Sunday! what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746278-its-sunday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 11-20-2011 06:07 AM

It's Sunday! what are you eating today?

Good morning
UD
B: coffee w/almond milk and coconut oil; chicken salad

No idea the rest of the day. May make cheeseburger patties or something

mttemple4 11-20-2011 06:21 AM

First UD!

B: oat bran galette with butter and sugar free syrup, two slices bacon
L: ??
D: Fried chicken! Woot.

handbells 11-20-2011 06:24 AM

UD!

B-Think we may be going out! Yeah!
L-probably poke, especially if we go out for breakfast
D-Not entirely sure

dasiey 11-20-2011 07:05 AM

UD I had a md yesterday so that I could get ready for Tgiving. I had 850c
Today I will try for 1600c.
For breakfast I had 400
I had a begal and cream cheese so good..
Lunch cottage cheese and pineapple.
Dinner I want a steak and veggie.
snack. WW ice cream.

Sandelio 11-20-2011 07:07 AM

MD for me to line up UD for Thanksgiving....

Meeting some friends for brekky - so a couple bloody marys, and scrambled eggs - then maybe some soup late in the day.....

sophiethecat 11-20-2011 07:28 AM

DD for me after my Tgiving FD yesterday. :)

B - black coffee

Don't know about any other meals.

E.W. 11-20-2011 07:36 AM

I just may cook some collards if this was a UD I would use hog joul but it being
a DD I will use jalapeno peppers for flavor along with some soup.

It looks like I need to throw another medium or DD in before thanksgiving day so
it's a UD. Then I have a dinner party I am going to friday and it will be a UD also.
So with 2 back to back DD's and 2 back to back UD's this week will be a little diferent
to say the least.

jiggles 11-20-2011 08:16 AM

DD for me but I'm not sure yet what I'll eat. I think I'll just wait as long as possible before having to eat something. I don't feel like thinking about food at all right now. If I start to feel like I'm starving I can always throw a frozen chicken breast in my Nuwave Oven. I usually keep things very simple on my DDs.

kel7298 11-20-2011 09:54 AM

Today is a UD with chicken/dressing, rolls, homemade cranberry sauce and "Better" than sex dessert. Yum Yum!

Kissa 11-20-2011 10:33 AM

I had a good DD so far, homemade Popcorn and a small diet coke at the cinema. Cauliflower soup and some chicken planned for later this evening.

Dottie 11-20-2011 10:50 AM

We ordered italian for lunch. I ended up with a baked ziti bolognese, but I only ate about half. The serving size of restaurant pasta dishes are huge!

jandjsmom 11-20-2011 11:21 AM

MD for me!

No breakfast
L-two pieces pizza for lunch. Really regretted it after I ate it. Made me feel yuck!!
D- slow cooking pepperoncini roast beef. Will shredd it and make soft tacos. As of right now I don't know if I will feel like eating!!

I have about 400 calories left after the pizza so we will see. Might just eat some broth.
I am looking forward to my DD tomorrow. Kinda worried that if pizza made me feel this bad then what is Thanksgiving going to do to me???

avecrain 11-20-2011 11:24 AM

UD, so far!
B: yogurt, blueberries, toasted almonds, maple syrup
L: salad w/spinach, grilled chicken, salsa, avocado, and vinaigrette

1174/2137 cals

Later...
S: Tea w/honey, grapefruit (really looking forward to this grapefruit for some reason)

963 cals left

I don't know what else? Hopefully an ice cream sandwich for dessert! I have a new lowed UD calorie limit, but am flexible with it because the calculator's set at a sedentary level, and I do some sort of exercise every day.

onceNforall 11-20-2011 11:36 AM

DD today....

Breakfast...egg white omelet with mushrooms
Lunch...Fiber one yogurt
Dinner...roast chicken in the oven with carrots and onions

2nd weigh-in tomorrow and hoping to squeak out some kind of loss...sticking to calorie boundaries this week without the scales cooperating. :confused:

Kissa 11-20-2011 11:50 AM

Ended the day on 430 cals :)

piratejenny 11-20-2011 11:57 AM

B: hot water w/lemon & cinnamon
(I'm trying to do this every DD morning, even if I have something else for breakfast later)

L: Pureed spinach soup (made with chicken broth)

D: not sure yet...

Kissa 11-20-2011 12:11 PM

Jenny, that sounds much nicer than just hot water and lemon, I love cinnamon, do you use it powdered or put a stick in the water?

piratejenny 11-20-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15191312)
Jenny, that sounds much nicer than just hot water and lemon, I love cinnamon, do you use it powdered or put a stick in the water?

It's nicer with a stick in the water; powdered can turn into a slimy sludge!
I go back and forth, though. :)
I also did add a bit of stevia. I use artificial sweeteners, but I figured for this "detox" drink, I'd better not!

IDK which kind is more common in the UK, but here in the US it is hard to find real cinnamon sticks; cassia is about all one can find.

I finally found that the Latin American spice company Badia has real cinnamon--but only in the little plastic pouches! Their jars of sticks are the cassia.

Kissa 11-20-2011 12:56 PM

Thanks, I will try that. I think I have 'real' cinnamon, will have to check.

piratejenny 11-20-2011 01:00 PM

You can use either kind, of course--
it just annoys me that the fake stuff has become standard! :down:

Kissa 11-20-2011 01:04 PM

Quite!

hockey_gal 11-20-2011 03:03 PM

DD here:

B: homemade latte (60 calories), black coffee
L: tuna & romaine lettuce (120)
D: shirataki noodes w/hot sauce (90 calories)

S: I'm going to try that chocolate muffin in the DD recipes thread - I finally got all the ingredients, yay!

That's still only 330 calories so I'll be having something tonight...I'm craving celery stick for some reason!

I'm seeing a lot of soups here, with the colder weather that is a great idea :)

I had no idea there was a "fake" cinnamon and real cinnamon! I doubt I have real then!

piratejenny 11-20-2011 03:44 PM

Real or Ceylon cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) bark is rather papery, multi-layerd, and sorta fuzzy on the inside. You can break/crumble it rather easily.

Other cinnamon sticks are one thick, solid layer, and usually darker
(cinnamomum aromaticaum or cinnamomum burmannii).

If you look at the inside of the rolled-up ends, it's easy to tell the difference. Here's a pic:
http://basilgarlicrosemary.com/wp-co...onVsCassia.jpg

It's impossible to tell the difference with ground cinnamon, unless it's marked with the scientific name.

Part of why it's irritating is when you hear about cinnamon being good for blood sugar or other health issues, the studies were probably done with Ceylon cinnamon, which is probably not what you have in your cabinet!

hockey_gal 11-20-2011 05:24 PM

Thank you piratejenny! I have seen that cinnamon around here so we have it. DH loves chai lattes at home w/cinnamon. He's missing out on the benefits of cinnamon :)

julietcc 11-20-2011 07:11 PM

I finally found laughing cow light garlic and herb cheese. My evening snack. It's really great! Good thing I won't be kissing anyone. I spread it on Dr. Kracker 3 seed crackers (a netrition purchase).

I ended my up day at 1597 - a little on the low side.

handbells 11-20-2011 07:17 PM

Garlic and herb is my favorite LCC! So yummy!

Beeb 11-20-2011 07:56 PM

UD for me and a "no calorie counting day" to give it a try. :)

Had Lunch at Cracker Barrel with DBF today. I ate his small bowl of grits and 2 small biscuits for their sawmill gravy and a cup of veggie soup, PLUS 3/4 of a piece of apple crumb pecan pie. Dinner was a grilled shell steak, pan fried garlic new potatoes, and grilled asparagus, an 80 calorie skinny cow ice cream sandwich, tiny piece of coconut cake, and some veggie straws.

Tea/coffee/hot water throughout the day, and a couple of pieces of peppermint candy cane type candy. I also walked for 3 hours through a sculpture garden we have near here that was truly amazing!! What talent and a few very weird pieces I'm still not sure what they were support to be! :stars::confused::hyst:

Have no idea of the calories! Just an experiment, will see what the scale says tomorrow. I know I'll be up, as I usually am after an UD, but will see if it more than usual. ;)

ooodsie 11-20-2011 08:04 PM

Beeb - Grounds for Sculpture?? If so, I live right near you :)

Piccina 11-20-2011 08:04 PM

DD... coffee and a chicken parmigiana lean cuisine.

Beeb 11-20-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooodsie (Post 15192203)
Beeb - Grounds for Sculpture?? If so, I live right near you :)

YES!! I live about 45 minutes east of there! WOW, we have to chat and get together one of these days!! :high5: