Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulaab
Stats: 5'9 and 216/179/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 3/21/2012
Contemplating trying JUDDD

Hey everyone,

I'm considering trying JUDDD, for some reason I just cannot find the motivation to stick to my low-carb routine, I've been doing LC since 2009 and I got down to 180ish (from 245) and just kinda fell off the wagon and gained about 20 lbs I'm getting bored with the food, what used to sound good and exciting is just "bleh" now...but with the 20 lb gain, I'm so desperate and just frustrated. My goal is 160.

My question is to those who have had significant losses, say over 20 lbs. How has it been working for you, do you exercise? I need to lose 40 pounds and not sure if this WOE can get me there..

Also, had anyone combined HCG drops with this WOE? I'm just confused with all the options out there but know the low carb has sort of stopped working, I just can't stick to it like I could the past 3 years.

Thank you in advance
**Goal: 165 lbs**
Gulaab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Hi! We actually have remarkably similar stats, this is so exciting! I'm 22, 5'10, started at 240, and am now at 207 after 11 weeks on JUDDD. Also aiming for 160, I think--I'm not sure exactly!

So, unlike most people on this board, I've never done LC. This is the first diet I've ever been on, and I found this board after I started JUDDD so I could be supported by people going through the same thing I was.

JUDDD has been working remarkably well so far for me, and I just finished my 11th week. Today is my weekly weigh-in and it's the first week I've lost anything less than a pound and a half, and it was a crazy week, because I was sick, my dad had a birthday party at which I completely overate (whoops), and I had a failed DD for the first time in forever because I was babysitting and had to make butternut squash ravioli for the kid, and I *love* butternut squash ravioli. So, bad week.

Anyway. This week aside, haha, JUDDD works great for me. I've lost 33 pounds in about two and a half months, and I plan on going all the way down. I fast easy--the most important thing I've learned is that it's easier for me the longer I put off eating solid foods on DDs, and normally I just drink tea and water until 6 or 7 PM. Other people can handle small meals throughout the day; it just makes me hungry and feel deprived. I do exercise, I love exercising. I was running sprints on UDs and going for long walks on DDs (it helps me with the hunger, actually), but recently started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred every day, so haven't been doing as many sprints. Will probably go back to them with the 30DS is over, I love sprinting.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm not super active here, but check it fairly regularly.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello!

I've just started (less than a week) and I do have a significant amount to lose--80 lbs! I have not weighed myself yet, but I am optimistic. I am not exercising yet, but am planning on implementing a plan in December. Since starting this plan I am regaining lost energy and my DH even commented that I've been in a better mood lately!

I have not done HCG, but I know there are others here that have/are doing.

I say, you have nothing to lose! Why not give JUDDD a try (at least two weeks) and decide if it's for you?

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I can recommend it, it has got me to goal for the first time in years. I have always loved LC but this is very interesting, and seems to work!!!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nspeedracer
Stats: 149/137.4/115 5'3''0
I have 30 pounds to lose too and Im considering this... 500 calories is really really low tho... do the people that lose fast do low carb too cause Id be trying this to escape low carb, it too hard to stick to and Im sick of the food, also I cant lose weight like I used to on it
Maybe this diet is for me, cause I yo-yo and diet jump constantly anyways and Im addicted to weighing myself every morning...
Natalie
nspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer

I, too, could lose PLENTY when I went LC, but I could never keep eating that way for the rest of my life, I felt deprived, and I have gotten sick of all the same food all the time.
There are MANY helpful threads on this forum, and you can find out anything you need to by looking through and reading what's relevant for you.
There are several "experts" who have been JUDDDing for a long time, and TONS of support!
For your first down days, check out this thread, so you can have the food in the house that will help you through. DD Staples
Give it a try! It is great on DDs if you are hungry to be able to think, "I can have THAT tomorrow," etc. And to never have to say that you can't have a certain food again!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
You can eat lc. But you don't have to. There is a marvelous amount of freedom here. But you do have to understand the simple rules or you risk degenerating to a low-calorie diet or no diet at all (just eating, eating, eating).

Before you start, I encourage you to read the intro to JUDDD here and read about the woe on the website. It will answer a lot of questions. And read the various discussions here.

I just started week two and the low calorie down days are getting easier and easier. Your body will adapt and even enjoy DD.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Would love to say and hope you decide to try JUDDD. It's an amazing WOE and so simple to do and follow.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulaab View Post
Also, had anyone combined HCG drops with this WOE? I'm just confused with all the options out there but know the low carb has sort of stopped working, I just can't stick to it like I could the past 3 years.
I used the drops on my down days for 8 weeks, but can't say that it did anything for me. I've been without the drops the last 2 1/2 weeks, and haven't really noticed a difference.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote