Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
~~Your Winter Holiday Recipes~~

I found this recipe by someone called Wigan on allrecipes, made it last night and LOVE IT, and I'm normally the type that loathes fruit cake. I wanted to give it another chance as long as I could prepare it without the candied fruit, which I hate. It's apparently an old recipe from Northern Ireland so I love that it has connections to my ancestry too I made a few changes, listed in ( ).

Boiled Fruit Cake

Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9x5 inch loaf

Ingredients

* 1 cup water (I used half water, half milk)
* 4 cups candied mixed fruit (I used dried fruits like blueberries, cranberries, cherries, and a whole box of golden raisins to equal 4 cups total fruit)
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3/4 cup butter
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon mixed spice (I used a mix of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cloves)
* 2 eggs, beaten (I added 1-1/2 T. bourbon to the beaten eggs)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, and line with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Combine the water, mixed fruit, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil gently for about 10 minutes. Sift the flour, baking soda and mixed spice into a large bowl. Pour in the boiled mixture, and stir until well blended. Mix in the eggs. Pour into the greased loaf pan.
3. Bake for 90 minutes in the preheated oven, until a skewer or knife inserted into the top comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-19-2011 at 12:13 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
My Mom's Pumpkin Roll

PART ONE

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a jellyroll pan (large baking sheet with low sides).

Cut a piece of wax paper to fit and put it in the greased pan, pressing it up the sides. Grease the wax paper.

Mix in order -

1. 3 eggs
2. 1 cup sugar
3. 2/3 cup pumpkin
4. 1/2 teas. baking soda + 1 teas. baking powder
5. 1/2 teas. cinnamon
6. 3/4 cup flour

Beat hard with a mixer. Whip it. Whip it good. Do this for about a minute.

Spread into the pan evenly to all the sides. Sprinkle on chopped walnuts. Bake for 15 minutes.

While it's baking...

PART TWO

Get out 2 to 3 clean dish towels to cover the surface area of the baking pan. Lay them together (side by side) flat on a surface. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.

As soon as the pumpkin roll is out of the oven, turn it out onto the dish towels.

Roll everything up, starting with the smaller end. Leave the wax paper on. Make the roll tighter at the start and a little looser as you roll.

Let cool completely.

PART THREE

Prepare the filling:

2 Tablespoons butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 teas. vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar, packed

Unroll the cooled cake. Remove the towels and wax paper. Spread the filling over the roll. Reroll the roll. (Note: Don't roll it back up with the towels or wax paper!)

Wrap it in wax paper, then plastic wrap and keep in the fridge.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I am the first to say that this is not the best recipe, but boy is it good! Easy too! I'm always asked to make it for every holiday. Found it on the internet several years ago and haven't been able to find it again.

Oreo Stuff

Oreos (amount depends on your pan size)
Cool Whip (I know, I know) (also depends on your pan size)
Milk

Fill a bowl with milk. Have Oreos, Cool Whip, and pan at the ready. Dip Oreos in milk and put them on the bottom of the pan. Once the bottom is covered, put on a layer of Cool Whip. You want the Cool Whip thick enough that you don't see cookies. Repeat these layers until your pan is full, ending with a layer of Cool Whip. Cover and refrigerate over night.

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote