Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What's your favorite way to eat Hebrew National 97%FF hot dogs?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746182-whats-your-favorite-way-eat-hebrew-national-97-ff-hot-dogs.html)

jandjsmom 11-19-2011 12:04 PM

What's your favorite way to eat Hebrew National 97%FF hot dogs??
 
Just tried these last night and loved them!!

All I did was cook it and wrap it in a LF tortilla with mustard. Kinda like a pig in a blanket. It was very good, simple and easy.

What is another way to fix these for a DD????

sophiethecat 11-19-2011 12:09 PM

I haven't tried HN FF, but I've had the Oscar Mayer ones, and I dislike them. :down: I will have to try the HN sometime.

Anyway, an idea someone had was cut one up and cook it in the low calorie soup (like Progresso Lite) to help make it more filling on a DD.

Beeb 11-19-2011 12:42 PM

1 slice of low cal bread, hot mustard, SF relish, and hot pepper rings!

It's a good "burn"! :laugh:

handbells 11-19-2011 01:30 PM

Just bought some today...subscribing!

kel7298 11-19-2011 02:09 PM

low cal bread, mustard, lite cheese - make a wrap around

dasiey 11-19-2011 02:46 PM

I just heat and eat. I do dip in mustard. I Love them.

Wallee 11-19-2011 03:02 PM

I'm simply a heater and eater too! Dip mine is sf ketchup and spicy brown mustard!!

julietcc 11-19-2011 03:19 PM

I've just had 1 so far. I boiled it along with my son's regular hot dogs, put it on a lightly toasted piece of delightful bread, made a line of mustard, folded it in half and ate it. Nothing fancy! It was tasty though.

dasiey 11-19-2011 03:59 PM

I like these so much better then the other 40c hot dogs.

melissaconatser 11-19-2011 06:41 PM

I bought some after reading them on here. They are okay. Not my favorite by any stretch, but on a DD when I am hungry and need something easy and low calorie, they fit the bill.

I eat mine on a piece of 40 calorie Healthy life bread with mustard and reduced sugar Heinz.

piratejenny 11-19-2011 07:17 PM

Sometimes I cut up a hot dog, brown the slices and cook them into scrambled eggs. :o
(Egg whites on a DD, of course!)

If you like sauerkraut, you could heat up a BIG pile of that (it's so low in calories!!!) and add browned or grilled slices of frankfurter, onion too if you like...like a substitute for kielbasa.

Honestly I don't buy low- or non-fat hot dogs because ham is way cheaper per pound, with about the same calories per oz and a little more protein. Hope I don't sound like a jerk, just an idea if you can't find a hot dog you like (obviously not an option if you're kosher :))!

Mommie22boys 11-20-2011 05:48 AM

I nuke one, split it lengthwise, and put it on a slice of low-cal bread that's been cut in half...like to make a half sandwich. Then I top it with lite miracle whip and SF ketchup (think: fry sauce)...sometimes will add a bit of lettuce for some crunch. Mmmmmm....

PJ: I like your ham idea...I may have to investigate around here. Fried up ham chunks mixed into a scramble sounds nom-nom-nom. Thanks!

shirlc 11-20-2011 06:35 AM

I've had mine on a fourth of a Flatout with sugar-free sweet relish (or dill) and low sugar catsup. I really :love: the HN hot dogs on my DDs.




Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15190027)
Sometimes I cut up a hot dog, brown the slices and cook them into scrambled eggs. :o
(Egg whites on a DD, of course!)

If you like sauerkraut, you could heat up a BIG pile of that (it's so low in calories!!!) and add browned or grilled slices of frankfurter, onion too if you like...like a substitute for kielbasa.

Honestly I don't buy low- or non-fat hot dogs because ham is way cheaper per pound, with about the same calories per oz and a little more protein. Hope I don't sound like a jerk, just an idea if you can't find a hot dog you like (obviously not an option if you're kosher :))!

Love your ideas for the scrambled eggs, the saurkraut and I'm going to look for the ham...thanks!

ouizoid 11-20-2011 08:04 AM

Mexican hot dog!

one corn tortilla is 35 calories

split HN hotdog down the middle (but don't cut all the way thru--put pickled jalapenos in the middle. Top with a liittle Salsa con queso (30 cals for 2 Tbs--I only use 2 tsp. Spread a little more queso on the tortilla. Nuke for 30 seconds or so (depending on your microwave). so good for less than 100 calories!

jandjsmom 11-20-2011 10:55 AM

Great ideas!!

PirateJenny, just today I was thinking of mixing it with angel hair shredded cabbage, kinda along the same lines of the kraut!

Quizoid, your idea sounds wonderful!!!!!! I wonder if Laughing cow chipotle would be good in place of the salsa con queso??

ouizoid 11-20-2011 11:01 AM

i think the queso LCC would be fab!

Wallee 11-20-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15190829)
Mexican hot dog!

one corn tortilla is 35 calories

split HN hotdog down the middle (but don't cut all the way thru--put pickled jalapenos in the middle. Top with a liittle Salsa con queso (30 cals for 2 Tbs--I only use 2 tsp. Spread a little more queso on the tortilla. Nuke for 30 seconds or so (depending on your microwave). so good for less than 100 calories!

This sounds super delish!!! :yummy:

dasiey 11-21-2011 08:49 AM

well I posted on how much I love these.
Well for some reason they tasted different.
I brought them to work when I get home I
will have to check they packaging. I hope
I didn't buy the wrong ones.

vilanteira 11-21-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15189254)
I haven't tried HN FF, but I've had the Oscar Mayer ones, and I dislike them. :down:

I'd never had the Oscar Mayer ones until I started JUDDD, and I really don't like them either. Sort of salty and flavorless. :stars: I'm definitely gonna try these Hebrew National ones if I can find them this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny
If you like sauerkraut, you could heat up a BIG pile of that (it's so low in calories!!!) and add browned or grilled slices of frankfurter, onion too if you like...like a substitute for kielbasa.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of this! I love sauerkraut! This will be one of my upcoming DD meals this weekend. :clap: Now if only I could find a very low calorie kielbasa, I'd be even happier.

2muchme 11-21-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15190829)
Mexican hot dog!

one corn tortilla is 35 calories

split HN hotdog down the middle (but don't cut all the way thru--put pickled jalapenos in the middle. Top with a liittle Salsa con queso (30 cals for 2 Tbs--I only use 2 tsp. Spread a little more queso on the tortilla. Nuke for 30 seconds or so (depending on your microwave). so good for less than 100 calories!

Really good! Just had it for lunch. Thanks, great idea. Making it a staple - every now and then just need that mild burn!! :dunno:

ouizoid 11-21-2011 03:00 PM

so glad you liked it Vicki!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 PM.