Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
Back on track :)

So I started Juddd 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks went great and I lost 5 pounds. In the third week I decided to let carbs back in. At the first taste I went crazy!!! It started with a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter and led to a whole batch of brownies!!!! I went crazy for a week and gained 12 pounds!!! I am sure much of that was water weight but.....ahhhh!!

So, I have been back on track with a clear head for the past 6 days. I have had fruit, small amounts of whole grain bread, and vegetarian chili. I have even had soft chicken tacos at Del Taco and I am back down 9 of those 12 pounds. The gains and losses are very dramatic.

I think I needed that crazy week to get the carb restriction out of my system. I feel much better now and I am confident I can do this without losing control. I think the up days are much harder for me because there is too much freedom.
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well done on getting back on track and losing 9lbs so quickly.

You have had a steep learning curve.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
Yeah, great job!

Now just don't DEPRIVE yourself of ANYTHING, and that should help lead to NO BINGES!!!

It IS hard to realize you can have SOME sweets - and not eat the whole pan/bag/container!

I try to control that by not bringing large quanties into the house! I might stop on the way home some days for a standard sized candy bar (about 200 cals), but that's better than the BAG of cookies (1200+ cals) that I would have bought and EATEN previously!!!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good job getting back on track!

I like what Sandy said about bringing certain portion sizes into the house. For example, I bought a large box of Hot Tamales candy, one of my big weaknesses. Don't ask me how I managed not to scarf down the entire box in one sitting, because that's how I always used to eat them before! But I've made them last for about a week now but portioning out a serving at one time and putting the box away. It's STILL tempting to eat more, but maybe something about JUDDD is helping me control the urge.

But it taught me a lesson to only buy smaller sizes when possible. Or to take my portion and give the rest to someone else right away.

I will also say that for me, getting through several weeks of JUDDD and "going crazy" on the UDs has settled down a lot. I mean, I still usually think of one outrageous carby thing or an event to plan my day of eating around, (for example, a Big Mac craving or the Tgiving dinner we're going to tonight), but I'm not going so much crazy anymore. Knowing I CAN and can have anything has finally helped my brain to take it all in stride, I guess. Sometimes I even forget I'm having an UD and then realize I have to get my calories in!

GOOD JOB, Mom22boys, and KUTGW!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22boys View Post
I think I needed that crazy week to get the carb restriction out of my system. I feel much better now and I am confident I can do this without losing control. I think the up days are much harder for me because there is too much freedom.
Same here--I have no problem sticking to 500 cals on a DD--but on UDs I have some subconscious brain thing going on that I can eat ANYTHING, so they are much harder for me to stick to.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
Yeah, great job!

Now just don't DEPRIVE yourself of ANYTHING, and that should help lead to NO BINGES!!!

It IS hard to realize you can have SOME sweets - and not eat the whole pan/bag/container!

I try to control that by not bringing large quanties into the house! I might stop on the way home some days for a standard sized candy bar (about 200 cals), but that's better than the BAG of cookies (1200+ cals) that I would have bought and EATEN previously!!!
and so glad you're back on track!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I think a lot of us did that "gone crazy" eating in the first weeks. Luckily, I still lost despite it, but suffered in other ways. Glad you're finding your sweet spot and getting yourself where you need to be.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunnilou
Stats: 170/164/145
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 1/1/12
Similar thing happened to me but got lucky and did not gain but no loss either. DD are not a problem for me but this past week I went CRAZY on my UD but truly feel it is now out of my system
sunnilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Oh, I can so relate! A pan of brownies sounds wonderful right about now...DD today. Only on week two here of JUDD, but still feeling deprived on DD's and like I ought to be able to make up for it BIG TIME on UD's. Have managed to stay within my calorie boundaries, but hope this gets easier in time.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote