Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back on track :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746162-back-track.html)

mom22boys 11-19-2011 09:30 AM

Back on track :)

So I started Juddd 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks went great and I lost 5 pounds. In the third week I decided to let carbs back in. At the first taste I went crazy!!! It started with a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter and led to a whole batch of brownies!!!! I went crazy for a week and gained 12 pounds!!! I am sure much of that was water weight but.....ahhhh!!

So, I have been back on track with a clear head for the past 6 days. I have had fruit, small amounts of whole grain bread, and vegetarian chili. I have even had soft chicken tacos at Del Taco and I am back down 9 of those 12 pounds. The gains and losses are very dramatic.

I think I needed that crazy week to get the carb restriction out of my system. I feel much better now and I am confident I can do this without losing control. I think the up days are much harder for me because there is too much freedom.

Kissa 11-19-2011 09:33 AM

Well done on getting back on track and losing 9lbs so quickly. :)

You have had a steep learning curve.

Sandelio 11-19-2011 09:58 AM

Yeah, great job! :clap:

Now just don't DEPRIVE yourself of ANYTHING, and that should help lead to NO BINGES!!!

It IS hard to realize you can have SOME sweets - and not eat the whole pan/bag/container! :o

I try to control that by not bringing large quanties into the house! I might stop on the way home some days for a standard sized candy bar (about 200 cals), but that's better than the BAG of cookies (1200+ cals) that I would have bought and EATEN previously!!! :p

sophiethecat 11-19-2011 10:40 AM

Good job getting back on track! :high5:

I like what Sandy said about bringing certain portion sizes into the house. For example, I bought a large box of Hot Tamales candy, one of my big weaknesses. Don't ask me how I managed not to scarf down the entire box in one sitting, because that's how I always used to eat them before! But I've made them last for about a week now but portioning out a serving at one time and putting the box away. It's STILL tempting to eat more, but maybe something about JUDDD is helping me control the urge.

But it taught me a lesson to only buy smaller sizes when possible. Or to take my portion and give the rest to someone else right away.

I will also say that for me, getting through several weeks of JUDDD and "going crazy" on the UDs has settled down a lot. I mean, I still usually think of one outrageous carby thing or an event to plan my day of eating around, (for example, a Big Mac craving or the Tgiving dinner we're going to tonight), but I'm not going so much crazy anymore. Knowing I CAN and can have anything has finally helped my brain to take it all in stride, I guess. :laugh: Sometimes I even forget I'm having an UD and then realize I have to get my calories in!

GOOD JOB, Mom22boys, and KUTGW! :jumpjoy: :high5: :hugs:

pjsam1156 11-19-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom22boys (Post 15188917)
I think I needed that crazy week to get the carb restriction out of my system. I feel much better now and I am confident I can do this without losing control. I think the up days are much harder for me because there is too much freedom.

Same here--I have no problem sticking to 500 cals on a DD--but on UDs I have some subconscious brain thing going on that I can eat ANYTHING, so they are much harder for me to stick to.:D

Beeb 11-19-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15188995)
Yeah, great job! :clap:

Now just don't DEPRIVE yourself of ANYTHING, and that should help lead to NO BINGES!!!

It IS hard to realize you can have SOME sweets - and not eat the whole pan/bag/container! :o

I try to control that by not bringing large quanties into the house! I might stop on the way home some days for a standard sized candy bar (about 200 cals), but that's better than the BAG of cookies (1200+ cals) that I would have bought and EATEN previously!!! :p

:goodpost: and so glad you're back on track!! :hugs::high5:

Speck333 11-19-2011 06:44 PM

I think a lot of us did that "gone crazy" eating in the first weeks. Luckily, I still lost despite it, but suffered in other ways. Glad you're finding your sweet spot and getting yourself where you need to be.

sunnilou 11-20-2011 07:28 AM

Similar thing happened to me but got lucky and did not gain but no loss either. DD are not a problem for me but this past week I went CRAZY on my UD but truly feel it is now out of my system

onceNforall 11-20-2011 09:56 AM

Oh, I can so relate! A pan of brownies sounds wonderful right about now...DD today. :love: Only on week two here of JUDD, but still feeling deprived on DD's and like I ought to be able to make up for it BIG TIME on UD's. :eek: Have managed to stay within my calorie boundaries, but hope this gets easier in time. :aprayer: