Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Saturday! What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746124-its-saturday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 11-19-2011 05:15 AM

It's Saturday! What are you eating today?
 
Good morning fine people :)
DD for me

B: coffee w/almond milk
D: cup-o-soup and a grilled cheese on light sourdough bread
S: turkey salad (diced turkey breast, miracle whip light, mustard, celery, onions) in romaine leaves

Approx 462 calories leaving me a few to snack with if needed (broth and dried veggies).

Sandelio 11-19-2011 05:31 AM

UD for me - going to a Thanksgiving party/pot luck this afternoon! I made some awesome brownies with chocolate mint (think Andes thin mints) frosting!

B = Brownie (new recipe - had to test 'em!) Making some scrambled eggs shortly :o

L/D = Pot luck/buffet at party :dunno:

vilanteira 11-19-2011 06:11 AM

UD here.

B: 2 eggs over easy, pumpkin muffin
L: a few bacon strips
D: homemade crustless pizza with spicy Italian sausage, onions and peppers

Will probably have a snack or two but not sure what yet. :)

dasiey 11-19-2011 06:24 AM

well I think I need to make today a md so I can get on track for tgiving.
I think 1000c will do the trick. now to decide on what to eat.

Mommie22boys 11-19-2011 06:53 AM

Well, after yesterday's DD-fail, I'm making today a DD. Not sure how this going to work, as we're at two away hockey games all day (like 2-hours from home...won't be home until 8pm).

So far...coffee, a little dressed up so that it holds me for a good long time (84)

Have no idea about the rest of the day, but I do have bouillion cubes with me, so I'm gonna try my best today.

*crosses fingers*

jandjsmom 11-19-2011 06:55 AM

UD for me!!

B- 2 cups coffee with HWC
Bunnie's chocolate pudding
D- Date night with my man-- going out so not sure yet. Will just eat small portion of his meal and enjoy!!

We always split meals when we go out! You can always order more food when you go out if stll hungry, but never can send uneaten food back for refund!! HaHa!!

Kissa 11-19-2011 07:07 AM

UD here, 2 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs, 1 sausage tomato and mushrooms, 2 soya lattes. for brunch. Sat is the sunshine in the park, reading the book.

We are having home made tacos this evening and I am so looking forward to eating a taco shell, lol, haven't had one for years.

Have been busy making 2 big pots of soup for the next week. One is a mixed vegetable and the other a variation on the creamy cauliflower soup from his book. I have added celeriac to it, because I had one that needed using up. Isn't soup wonderful for using up odds and ends?

Good work everyone.

julietcc 11-19-2011 08:35 AM

Down day for me. My plan:

B: Coffee with half and half

L: Soup

D: Soup and 2 pieces of toast with butter (Sara Lee Delightful Bread)

S: Sugar free pudding or Diet swiss miss hot cocoa

= about 600 cals if I eat it all.

kris4chloe 11-19-2011 08:39 AM

MD/UD for me (basically I am going to try for a MD but because I have to work late I am prepared for it to be a UD, then tomorrow will be the opposite. Although I would rather have my UD be tomorrow)

B: half a cinnamon roll (shocked i was able to only eat half) and maybe some eggs a little later?

L: Salad

D: probably subway since I have to work 12-9

the big thing is i need to bring snacks, otherwise i eat out of the vending machine and those choices are not as good.

sazzie 11-19-2011 08:44 AM

DD for me!

Going to my son's for my granddaughter's 3rd birthday, so just packed a bag of:

Rice cakes
Laughing cow cheese (2) (35 calories)
Pure protein chocolate Deluxe
Apple

457 calories

sophiethecat 11-19-2011 09:29 AM

Since I'm in maintenance, I was going to have yesterday be a normal UD and today be a FD since I have a Tgiving dinner tonight, but yesterday ended up being only a MD! :)

Somehow I wasn't that hungry despite all the pie, cake, cookie baking going on! I had some of my fruit cake when it was done, and later a LC "meal" of deli ham slices wrapped around muenster cheese and 4 large Kalamatta olives. A few glasses of red wine.

I'm down a pound, back to my goal weight. Must get used to all the flux of maintenance! :laugh:

So today is a FD... :)

Kissa 11-19-2011 09:42 AM

I just so enjoy this, here I am enjoying 2 biscuits (sorry, cookies) with my afternoon cup of tea. Not done that for years.

sophiethecat 11-19-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15188203)
UD for me - going to a Thanksgiving party/pot luck this afternoon! I made some awesome brownies with chocolate mint (think Andes thin mints) frosting!

B = Brownie (new recipe - had to test 'em!) Making some scrambled eggs shortly :o

L/D = Pot luck/buffet at party :dunno:

I'm going to a Tgiving dinner later on too! We're all bringing in dishes.

Your chocolate mint brownies sound awesome and remind me of the cookie dough for chocolate mint cookies in my fridge! :) I used those Andes baking pieces that are near the chocolate chips. They are tiny pieces of the thin mints in a bag, so you don't have to unwrap all the larger candies and break them up.

Enjoy your potluck :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15188360)
Well, after yesterday's DD-fail, I'm making today a DD. Not sure how this going to work, as we're at two away hockey games all day (like 2-hours from home...won't be home until 8pm).

So far...coffee, a little dressed up so that it holds me for a good long time (84)

Have no idea about the rest of the day, but I do have bouillion cubes with me, so I'm gonna try my best today.

*crosses fingers*

Fingers crossed with you. Good luck, Andrea, you can do it! :high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15188381)
UD here, 2 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs, 1 sausage tomato and mushrooms, 2 soya lattes. for brunch. Sat is the sunshine in the park, reading the book.

We are having home made tacos this evening and I am so looking forward to eating a taco shell, lol, haven't had one for years.

Have been busy making 2 big pots of soup for the next week. One is a mixed vegetable and the other a variation on the creamy cauliflower soup from his book. I have added celeriac to it, because I had one that needed using up. Isn't soup wonderful for using up odds and ends?

Good work everyone.

I love this! I'm like you, after more than a month on JUDDD I am STILL finding things to eat that I gave up for LC and it's like discovering them again for the first time! :) :jumpjoy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15188774)
I just so enjoy this, here I am enjoying 2 biscuits (sorry, cookies) with my afternoon cup of tea. Not done that for years.

Enjoy your biscuits! :high5:

Kissa 11-19-2011 09:55 AM

:yummy::yummy::yummy: And we are both at goal!!!!! :sing:

kris4chloe 11-19-2011 10:12 AM

ok decided to buy a footlong ham from subway and half half at lunch and half at dinner (which will be at 4 at my lunch at work) and then go to starbucks for their buy one get one free coffees and get two talls which is just four ounces over my venti but will pay significantly less.

i will bring some string cheese in case i get hungry again. i still have a few calories left just in case. maybe i will bring some water and bullion cubes just in case.

now i can have my UD tomorrow for bible study if i can keep this a MD. :)

Skinjob 11-19-2011 11:55 AM

DD for me.

B: Grilled tomato sandwich on low calorie bread
S: Broth, veggies
L: Soup
S: Broth, veggies
D: Steamed broccoli, 1 oz chicken breast

pjsam1156 11-19-2011 12:07 PM

UD for me; going to dinner w/my husband and a couple of his clients to an ITALIAN restaurant!:yummy:
So, I'm trying to save most of my cals for the dinner tonight:
Cream of Wheat for breakfast
Snack: hard boiled egg
Snack: 4 dried apricots (I try to eat 4 of these even on DDs--they are the only thing that is keeping me "regular.":o)

mttemple4 11-19-2011 12:11 PM

MD to get on track for a Thanksgiving upday

B: two scrambled eggs + two slices bacon
L: iceberg shreds, 1 T light mayo, 4 oz Laura's Lean hamburger, 1 slice cheese
D: no idea

at the movies: 12 dark chocolate Ghiradelli chips snuck in in a baggie :)

avecrain 11-19-2011 12:46 PM

I'm learning more and more that DDs are easier for me the longer I wait to eat, and that I do fine without eating anything for basically the whole day. So, nothing yet. Just water. Babysitting at 5:45 and I *know* that if I have eaten solid food before then, it'll be much harder for me to resist sampling whatever I make for the kid, and sampling too often leads to snacking for me. That's what happened on my last DD, which became way to U to still be called a DD. Not tonight!!!!!!

sazzie 11-19-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avecrain (Post 15189213)
I'm learning more and more that DDs are easier for me the longer I wait to eat, and that I do fine without eating anything for basically the whole day. So, nothing yet. Just water. Babysitting at 5:45 and I *know* that if I have eaten solid food before then, it'll be much harder for me to resist sampling whatever I make for the kid, and sampling too often leads to snacking for me. That's what happened on my last DD, which became way to U to still be called a DD. Not tonight!!!!!!

^^^^Agree!

It's 3:15 now, and I have yet to have anything other than coffee. Oh, wait.....I did taste my new found ice cream, but only a tsp. (Arctic Zero 35 calories per .5 cup; 150 calories for the pint)!

I have no appetite after my calorie dense UD yesterday, and I know that if I start having anything to eat now, the momentum will start.

I will wait until I come home from Mass, then I will have my DD foods.

Kissa 11-19-2011 01:36 PM

Yes, that not eating to late in a DD seems to be the answer for me too. PJsam, enjoy your Italian restaurant.

Enjoyed my taco dinner but in the end only had one taco shell. I have learned to love the mix without them.

Enjoying a glass of red wine now and am delighted to say that my calories today came to 1,620 and my carbs only 70.

Tomorrows DD is going to be a cinch!

handbells 11-19-2011 02:39 PM

DD for me

I got hungry around 11, so I did eat then, but then I wasn't hungry again until 3:30ish.

Brunch (I guess you could say!)- HG Girlfredo
4ish-Bocca burger with ff cheese

Not sure what else I will have today. I'm thinking some veggies and hummus, but I'm currently so in love with poke I might make some of that!

kel7298 11-19-2011 03:07 PM

DD for me today. Only coffee so far this morning. Then: I got a migraine so I haven't had anything yet to eat. I always get sick to my stomach when I get one. (not sure what brought it on either) :(

handbells 11-19-2011 04:37 PM

Decided to make poke for dinner as it's lots of protein.

Going out tonight and will probably take a snack with me "just in case"

Mommie22boys 11-19-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15188360)
Well, after yesterday's DD-fail, I'm making today a DD. Not sure how this going to work, as we're at two away hockey games all day (like 2-hours from home...won't be home until 8pm).

So far...coffee, a little dressed up so that it holds me for a good long time (84)

Have no idea about the rest of the day, but I do have bouillion cubes with me, so I'm gonna try my best today.

*crosses fingers*

Sophie: Thanks for the extra finger-crossing. I think it worked. I had my coffee this morning. Then after the morning game we did a little x-mas shopping at a cute little 5 & dime. Lunch at a local place was diet soda and a crock of French onion soup for under 300 calories. :up:

After that we hit the Polish market and then the outlet mall. Too busy shopping to eat! Dinner at the rink was a diet Pepsi. We got home about an hour ago and I ate two Polish bowtie cookies, but I can't find any nutrition info on them, so I don't know what to put them in at. But still, I'm holding it to DD calories. :)

avecrain 11-19-2011 08:59 PM

Mmm when I was babysitting I made two huge bowls of chicken broth with hot sauce and balsamic vinegar. Cooked celery and carrots into the first, no veggies but added lemon juice in the second. MMMMMMmmm yum. Also had a few little dips of other things, but am ending the DD at 426 cals, a smashing success of a DD

julietcc 11-19-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avecrain (Post 15190082)
Mmm when I was babysitting I made two huge bowls of chicken broth with hot sauce and balsamic vinegar. Cooked celery and carrots into the first, no veggies but added lemon juice in the second. MMMMMMmmm yum. Also had a few little dips of other things, but am ending the DD at 426 cals, a smashing success of a DD

You survived the babysitting! Great job on not nibbling on stuff when you thought you would.

I kept to my food plan and ended at 453 calories. Food fest tomorrow :jumpjoy:

sophiethecat 11-19-2011 09:38 PM

Good job, Andrea and everyone! :high5:

I just had a FD and no idea the amount of calories I ate, but I had all I wanted of the Tgiving foods and then I had a couple small desserts and later got into the cheese ball and crackers!

:)

Kissa 11-20-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15189640)
Decided to make poke for dinner as it's lots of protein.

Going out tonight and will probably take a snack with me "just in case"

OK Jenn, showing my ignorance here but I have no idea what poke is?

handbells 11-20-2011 12:56 PM

Kissa-here's some info from Wiki :) poke is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine. Pokē is the Hawaiian verb for "section" or "to slice or cut". Modern poke typically consists of cubed ʻahi (yellowfin tuna) sashimi marinated with sea salt, a small amount of soy sauce, inamona (roasted crushed candlenut), sesame oil, limu seaweed, and chopped chili pepper. Other variations' ingredients may include cured heʻe (octopus), other types of raw tuna, raw salmon and other kinds of sashimi, sliced or diced Maui onion, furikake, hot sauce (such as sambal olek), chopped ʻohiʻa (tomato), tobiko (flying fish roe), ogo or other types of seaweed, and garlic.

Mine isn't fancy. Just a little soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and onion.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 PM.