Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
SO What Is, or Will Be Your "Leeway" Around Your Goal Weight?

I know quite a lot of us are at, or very near goal weight....I made my goal a couple of weeks ago...decided to go a couple lower, and seem to be bouncing a lb up or down nicely around that weight.

I just wondered...what leeway do you give yourself over your goal, as a normal fluctuation, before saying "whoa" and cutting back a little?

My goal is 9st 7, so I am thinking 9st 10 as a cut off.

How about you, fellow judders?

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
I read that weight can fluctuate 3lbs weekly...with that in mind 137-143 sounds good to me
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Piccina
Stats: 130/111/100 (5'2")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 13/2011, restarted Feburary 25/2012
Yeh, I think three pounds under or over is what I'd like to stick to ultimately as well. I always seem to gain three pounds just before I get my period, and then it comes off when it's over. Ah, water retention. :/
Piccina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Ah, I remember (but do not miss) the old TOM days.

Anything less than +-3 pounds is not practical. More than +-5 seems too much. Within those bounds, I will let my body decide.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Giving myself up to 147# before I start to tighten the reins. Hope to drift in the lower to mid-140s for the most part.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
My range is 112-115 but I'm still bouncing in and out of it depending if it's the morning after an UD, I'm PMSing, etc. If I see 116 after a down day, I'll be decreasing the calories!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Yes, I've actually been thinking to lower my goal weight to 126 so I can make sure I stay below 130. I'm thinking I'll just "know" when I reach my goal and just call it done then. But, we'll see.
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
and yes, I know, I'm at least 8 plus pounds from goal.......I like to plan ahead!!
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I'm finding that with 1 UD, 1 MD and 1 DD...I can maintain at 148-149. If I do DD/UD rotations than I stay at 146-147. Soooo...I'm giving myself from 146-149. If I hit 150 then I'm getting stricter...
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
THIS was one of JUDDD's biggest selling points to me! It is such a simple maintenance WOE.

None of that "I've reached goal weight, now how many calories/carbs do I reintroduce into my life?"

Listen to us: I had to tune my UD/DD/MD/FD cycle a bit and maintenance is a relative breeze, I totally recognize the difference between cyclic water weight gain and real weight gain so I plan for it, I only allow +'x' pounds before I stop weight-creep.

lol, the person most discombobulated on this forum was BEEB who couldn't stop losing!

On top of the above, I truly believe calorie restriction on DD is doing my body good in a lot of ways - I want to keep having DDs.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jandjsmom
Stats: 155/126/127 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 2011
I can see from years and years of being so focused on weight that it will be hard for me to make my self stop losing now that I've found exactly how my body will FINALLY lose weight! To actually say that I like where I am is such a foreign concept to me, but I know that I am close because I'm liking the way clothes are fitting and my 8's are getting lose. I really don't want to go so low that I lose my curves, I like them just not the way they were!!!

I've set my goal at 127. I did have it at 125, but that is really as low as I need to go. I will just stay between 125 and 129 and not let my weight get back to the 130's.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
THIS was one of JUDDD's biggest selling points to me! It is such a simple maintenance WOE.

None of that "I've reached goal weight, now how many calories/carbs do I reintroduce into my life?"

Listen to us: I had to tune my UD/DD/MD/FD cycle a bit and maintenance is a relative breeze, I totally recognize the difference between cyclic water weight gain and real weight gain so I plan for it, I only allow +'x' pounds before I stop weight-creep.

lol, the person most discombobulated on this forum was BEEB who couldn't stop losing!

On top of the above, I truly believe calorie restriction on DD is doing my body good in a lot of ways - I want to keep having DDs.
YUP and STILL having problems! But I'm now aiming for anywhere between 133 and 136. Too low below that 133 I eat more, too far above that 136 (like 138/139) I eat less. That should cover all bases for me!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-19-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandjsmom View Post
I can see from years and years of being so focused on weight that it will be hard for me to make my self stop losing now that I've found exactly how my body will FINALLY lose weight! To actually say that I like where I am is such a foreign concept to me, but I know that I am close because I'm liking the way clothes are fitting and my 8's are getting lose. I really don't want to go so low that I lose my curves, I like them just not the way they were!!!
I've set my goal at 127. I did have it at 125, but that is really as low as I need to go. I will just stay between 125 and 129 and not let my weight get back to the 130's.
This is so me!

I seem to be maintaining...but a little part of me kind of feels bad not to still be losing...it hard to explain, really.
Juddd worked so well to help me lose....and if I am honest I am kind of tempted to take my cals back down to weight loss numbers!

The thing is, I am slim enough...133 at 5.5 1/2....US size 6-8 (Uk 10) I dont look good any thinner. But there is a part of me that would like to go lower...just to see a smaller number.....sometimes I just dont understand myself!

I think this is part of my ED behaviours that I am working hard to overcome..( over 7 months binge/purge free!) Juddd is really helping me to eat my "trigger" foods....I have them on my UD/FD's...but my DD's prevent runaway eating...and weight gain!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can relate to both of you. There's something so gratifying about seeing new lower numbers on the scale! Maintenance takes all that thrill away. I've been bouncing around between 113 and 116 but I really want to see that 112 number every once in awhile even though I'm plenty thin now.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
YUP and STILL having problems! But I'm now aiming for anywhere between 133 and 136. Too low below that 133 I eat more, too far above that 136 (like 138/139) I eat less. That should cover all bases for me!
I have had my issues with body image and a very serious bout of anorexia. But as an adult, I've worked thorugh those issues and done the necessary work to feel "healed".

Eating more or eating less would be too simple of a concept for most...unless you get to that healed place. I think that feels very good - a benefit that outweighs the weight loss for me.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
The hcg protocol teaches a 2 pound up or down as the window for maintaining. It worked fairly well for those periods of maintenance where I practiced. When you go over you immediately take correction. And when you go under, you immediately try eating more. The smaller I am, the bigger the fluctuations matter, so i will probably stick with that one day (when when when) I reach goal.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
I have had my issues with body image and a very serious bout of anorexia. But as an adult, I've worked thorugh those issues and done the necessary work to feel "healed".

Eating more or eating less would be too simple of a concept for most...unless you get to that healed place. I think that feels very good - a benefit that outweighs the weight loss for me.
Never having bad body image, or an ED of any kind makes it hard for me to understand what you are saying here. I just know that to maintain the weight I am or want to be around I either need to eat more if my weight goes below 133 and I need to eat less if it gets above 136. This is just what is working for me to keep my weight where I like it.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
This is so me!

I seem to be maintaining...but a little part of me kind of feels bad not to still be losing...it hard to explain, really.
Juddd worked so well to help me lose....and if I am honest I am kind of tempted to take my cals back down to weight loss numbers!

The thing is, I am slim enough...133 at 5.5 1/2....US size 6-8 (Uk 10) I dont look good any thinner. But there is a part of me that would like to go lower...just to see a smaller number.....sometimes I just dont understand myself!

I think this is part of my ED behaviours that I am working hard to overcome..( over 7 months binge/purge free!) Juddd is really helping me to eat my "trigger" foods....I have them on my UD/FD's...but my DD's prevent runaway eating...and weight gain!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

hugs
Jo
x
I just KNOW how terrible I look at any weight lower than 133 so I make sure I never go down any further.

As far as the joy of the journey of weight loss and then getting to maintenance and not seeing the scale moving down anymore and it's let down feeling, I have replaced that with trying on clothes in the stores that are much smaller and look so much nicer now! I try on things I never would before because now I can! I usually just "window shop", never buying anything. I just try the clothes on and that takes away that "let down, no more weight loss number on the scale" feeling really fast! Then I go home happy and feeling great!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Jo! I don't bat an eyelash until I've topped 5 pounds over. (Or so... LOL)

Since I do not eat low carb, and my idea of *moderate* carb would shock most here I do tend to have some real good scale fluctuations. I found out early on that if I set that upper limit too close, I was exceeding it so often I was having to go back into weight loss mode again, only to then have to stop again.. I found most of the time, it was just water weight from some extra carby pleasure the day or so before, and it all just went away on its own anyway.

So for me.. about 5 pounds over before I really tighten up on myself!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pat, it's great to see you popping, in here with all your great advice!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Pat, I find your advice validating because when I was on HHCG I always seemed to be 3-5 above my window.

I was contemplating the same amount with JUDDD, but I now see, after having been doing JUDDD a little over a month, that 3 lbs is much too small a window for my comfort level.

I am very happy with JUDDD as it has had a calming effect on my 'diet' mentality. I simply don't fret if the scale is up anymore, and what a refreshing change that is. Just taking it in stride, and allowing JUDDD to do its thing.

Oh, and btw, it's good seeing you posting again.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Thanks. Thought I'd spend some of this evening at the computer.

Sazzie, when you said, "..........I am very happy with JUDDD as it has had a calming effect on my 'diet' mentality. I simply don't fret if the scale is up anymore, and what a refreshing change that is. Just taking it in stride, and allowing JUDDD to do its thing.........." I feel that way about it too. I am freed from having to FOCUS on my food choices these days, almost from having to think about it at all. It is very relaxing, isn't it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote