Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   SO What Is, or Will Be Your "Leeway" Around Your Goal Weight? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746102-so-what-will-your-leeway-around-your-goal-weight.html)

Joedi 11-18-2011 02:31 PM

SO What Is, or Will Be Your "Leeway" Around Your Goal Weight?
 
I know quite a lot of us are at, or very near goal weight....I made my goal a couple of weeks ago...decided to go a couple lower, and seem to be bouncing a lb up or down nicely around that weight.

I just wondered...what leeway do you give yourself over your goal, as a normal fluctuation, before saying "whoa" and cutting back a little?

My goal is 9st 7, so I am thinking 9st 10 as a cut off.

How about you, fellow judders?

Hugs
Jo
x

kel7298 11-18-2011 02:37 PM

I read that weight can fluctuate 3lbs weekly...with that in mind 137-143 sounds good to me

Piccina 11-18-2011 02:39 PM

Yeh, I think three pounds under or over is what I'd like to stick to ultimately as well. I always seem to gain three pounds just before I get my period, and then it comes off when it's over. Ah, water retention. :/

gotsomeold 11-18-2011 03:36 PM

Ah, I remember (but do not miss) the old TOM days.

Anything less than +-3 pounds is not practical. More than +-5 seems too much. Within those bounds, I will let my body decide.

sophiethecat 11-18-2011 05:32 PM

Giving myself up to 147# before I start to tighten the reins. Hope to drift in the lower to mid-140s for the most part. :)

julietcc 11-18-2011 05:43 PM

My range is 112-115 but I'm still bouncing in and out of it depending if it's the morning after an UD, I'm PMSing, etc. If I see 116 after a down day, I'll be decreasing the calories!

2muchme 11-18-2011 06:11 PM

Yes, I've actually been thinking to lower my goal weight to 126 so I can make sure I stay below 130. I'm thinking I'll just "know" when I reach my goal and just call it done then. But, we'll see. :dunno:

2muchme 11-18-2011 06:13 PM

and yes, I know, I'm at least 8 plus pounds from goal.......I like to plan ahead!! :hyst:

hockey_gal 11-18-2011 06:34 PM

I'm finding that with 1 UD, 1 MD and 1 DD...I can maintain at 148-149. If I do DD/UD rotations than I stay at 146-147. Soooo...I'm giving myself from 146-149. If I hit 150 then I'm getting stricter...

gotsomeold 11-19-2011 04:14 AM

THIS was one of JUDDD's biggest selling points to me! It is such a simple maintenance WOE.

None of that "I've reached goal weight, now how many calories/carbs do I reintroduce into my life?"

Listen to us: I had to tune my UD/DD/MD/FD cycle a bit and maintenance is a relative breeze, I totally recognize the difference between cyclic water weight gain and real weight gain so I plan for it, I only allow +'x' pounds before I stop weight-creep.

lol, the person most discombobulated on this forum was BEEB who couldn't stop losing!

On top of the above, I truly believe calorie restriction on DD is doing my body good in a lot of ways - I want to keep having DDs.

jandjsmom 11-19-2011 06:10 AM

I can see from years and years of being so focused on weight that it will be hard for me to make my self stop losing now that I've found exactly how my body will FINALLY lose weight! To actually say that I like where I am is such a foreign concept to me, but I know that I am close because I'm liking the way clothes are fitting and my 8's are getting lose. I really don't want to go so low that I lose my curves, I like them just not the way they were!!!

I've set my goal at 127. I did have it at 125, but that is really as low as I need to go. I will just stay between 125 and 129 and not let my weight get back to the 130's.

Beeb 11-19-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15188178)
THIS was one of JUDDD's biggest selling points to me! It is such a simple maintenance WOE.

None of that "I've reached goal weight, now how many calories/carbs do I reintroduce into my life?"

Listen to us: I had to tune my UD/DD/MD/FD cycle a bit and maintenance is a relative breeze, I totally recognize the difference between cyclic water weight gain and real weight gain so I plan for it, I only allow +'x' pounds before I stop weight-creep.

lol, the person most discombobulated on this forum was BEEB who couldn't stop losing!

On top of the above, I truly believe calorie restriction on DD is doing my body good in a lot of ways - I want to keep having DDs.

:hyst: YUP and STILL having problems! :doh::stars::laugh: But I'm now aiming for anywhere between 133 and 136. Too low below that 133 I eat more, too far above that 136 (like 138/139) I eat less. That should cover all bases for me! ;):up::clap:

Joedi 11-19-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15188386)
I can see from years and years of being so focused on weight that it will be hard for me to make my self stop losing now that I've found exactly how my body will FINALLY lose weight! To actually say that I like where I am is such a foreign concept to me, but I know that I am close because I'm liking the way clothes are fitting and my 8's are getting lose. I really don't want to go so low that I lose my curves, I like them just not the way they were!!!
I've set my goal at 127. I did have it at 125, but that is really as low as I need to go. I will just stay between 125 and 129 and not let my weight get back to the 130's.

This is so me! :hugs:

I seem to be maintaining...but a little part of me kind of feels bad not to still be losing...it hard to explain, really. :dunno:
Juddd worked so well to help me lose....and if I am honest I am kind of tempted to take my cals back down to weight loss numbers!

The thing is, I am slim enough...133 at 5.5 1/2....US size 6-8 (Uk 10) I dont look good any thinner. But there is a part of me that would like to go lower...just to see a smaller number.....sometimes I just dont understand myself! :stars:

I think this is part of my ED behaviours that I am working hard to overcome..( over 7 months binge/purge free!) :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Juddd is really helping me to eat my "trigger" foods....I have them on my UD/FD's...but my DD's prevent runaway eating...and weight gain!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

hugs
Jo
x

julietcc 11-19-2011 03:32 PM

I can relate to both of you. There's something so gratifying about seeing new lower numbers on the scale! Maintenance takes all that thrill away. I've been bouncing around between 113 and 116 but I really want to see that 112 number every once in awhile even though I'm plenty thin now.

hockey_gal 11-19-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15189392)
:hyst: YUP and STILL having problems! :doh::stars::laugh: But I'm now aiming for anywhere between 133 and 136. Too low below that 133 I eat more, too far above that 136 (like 138/139) I eat less. That should cover all bases for me! ;):up::clap:

I have had my issues with body image and a very serious bout of anorexia. But as an adult, I've worked thorugh those issues and done the necessary work to feel "healed".

Eating more or eating less would be too simple of a concept for most...unless you get to that healed place. I think that feels very good - a benefit that outweighs the weight loss for me.

paulabob 11-22-2011 02:11 PM

The hcg protocol teaches a 2 pound up or down as the window for maintaining. It worked fairly well for those periods of maintenance where I practiced. When you go over you immediately take correction. And when you go under, you immediately try eating more. The smaller I am, the bigger the fluctuations matter, so i will probably stick with that one day (when when when) I reach goal.

Beeb 11-22-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_gal (Post 15190172)
I have had my issues with body image and a very serious bout of anorexia. But as an adult, I've worked thorugh those issues and done the necessary work to feel "healed".

Eating more or eating less would be too simple of a concept for most...unless you get to that healed place. I think that feels very good - a benefit that outweighs the weight loss for me.

Never having bad body image, or an ED of any kind makes it hard for me to understand what you are saying here. I just know that to maintain the weight I am or want to be around I either need to eat more if my weight goes below 133 and I need to eat less if it gets above 136. This is just what is working for me to keep my weight where I like it. :dunno:

Beeb 11-22-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15189541)
This is so me! :hugs:

I seem to be maintaining...but a little part of me kind of feels bad not to still be losing...it hard to explain, really. :dunno:
Juddd worked so well to help me lose....and if I am honest I am kind of tempted to take my cals back down to weight loss numbers!

The thing is, I am slim enough...133 at 5.5 1/2....US size 6-8 (Uk 10) I dont look good any thinner. But there is a part of me that would like to go lower...just to see a smaller number.....sometimes I just dont understand myself! :stars:

I think this is part of my ED behaviours that I am working hard to overcome..( over 7 months binge/purge free!) :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Juddd is really helping me to eat my "trigger" foods....I have them on my UD/FD's...but my DD's prevent runaway eating...and weight gain!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

hugs
Jo
x

I just KNOW how terrible I look at any weight lower than 133 so I make sure I never go down any further.

As far as the joy of the journey of weight loss and then getting to maintenance and not seeing the scale moving down anymore and it's let down feeling, I have replaced that with trying on clothes in the stores that are much smaller and look so much nicer now! I try on things I never would before because now I can! I usually just "window shop", never buying anything. I just try the clothes on and that takes away that "let down, no more weight loss number on the scale" feeling really fast! Then I go home happy and feeling great!! ;):up::clap:

SoHappy 11-22-2011 06:40 PM

Hi, Jo! I don't bat an eyelash until I've topped 5 pounds over. (Or so... LOL)

Since I do not eat low carb, and my idea of *moderate* carb would shock most here :o I do tend to have some real good scale fluctuations. I found out early on that if I set that upper limit too close, I was exceeding it so often I was having to go back into weight loss mode again, only to then have to stop again.. I found most of the time, it was just water weight from some extra carby pleasure the day or so before, and it all just went away on its own anyway.

So for me.. about 5 pounds over before I really tighten up on myself!

julietcc 11-22-2011 07:15 PM

Pat, it's great to see you popping, in here with all your great advice!

sazzie 11-22-2011 07:53 PM

Pat, I find your advice validating because when I was on HHCG I always seemed to be 3-5 above my window.

I was contemplating the same amount with JUDDD, but I now see, after having been doing JUDDD a little over a month, that 3 lbs is much too small a window for my comfort level.

I am very happy with JUDDD as it has had a calming effect on my 'diet' mentality. I simply don't fret if the scale is up anymore, and what a refreshing change that is. Just taking it in stride, and allowing JUDDD to do its thing.

Oh, and btw, it's good seeing you posting again. :)

SoHappy 11-22-2011 08:00 PM

Thanks. :laugh: Thought I'd spend some of this evening at the computer.

Sazzie, when you said, "..........I am very happy with JUDDD as it has had a calming effect on my 'diet' mentality. I simply don't fret if the scale is up anymore, and what a refreshing change that is. Just taking it in stride, and allowing JUDDD to do its thing.........." I feel that way about it too. I am freed from having to FOCUS on my food choices these days, almost from having to think about it at all. It is very relaxing, isn't it! :laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 PM.