Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Weekend Support Group - LOL! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746100-weekend-support-group-lol.html)

Sandelio 11-18-2011 02:13 PM

Weekend Support Group - LOL!
 
Okay - we've all been there......PERFECT (or close) to plan throughout the week *pats selves on back*....loving this way of eating.

And THEN, the weekend comes! Eeeeeeek! :eek:

The best laid plans get out of control over the weekend and we OVEREAT!

Well, me too! :annoyed:

So I wanted to start this thread for everyone to check in during the weekend when they need someone to talk them down. :hyst:

And maybe, just maybe, come up with some reasons on WHY we do this!

For me, I think it's a lot about "I deserve it" - "life can't be ALL about deprivation"......at least with JUDDD, it's not ALL about deprivation - just gotta wait a day! :yummy:

gotsomeold 11-18-2011 03:40 PM

Five day school week, five day work week all make the weekend into something special. So very many of us live that way. When I worked we covered 24x7. Now that I am retired, I live 24x7. Therefore, I have trouble telling the difference between weekday and weekend....I can blow it at anytime!

I think the idea of this thread is very good.

pjsam1156 11-18-2011 03:44 PM

Sandy--I think you've hit upon the most difficult and easiest part of this WOE at the same time. Trying to not graze all weekend, AND having to only wait ONE DAY until you can!!:jumpjoy:
One of the first things I thought when I wanted to start JUDDD was "I can do just about anything for only ONE day!":D
And if it's any help to anyone--I just stay as busy as possible around the house to stop from eating--and that includes hanging around on this forum just about constantly.:hyst:

dasiey 11-18-2011 04:19 PM

For me its my husband, We are together all weekend and he loves to eat.
He likes to go out to. But its Deer season and he will be gone this weekend.

he gets mad at me if I don't eat with him. He thinks I'm fine the way I am.

leonak 11-18-2011 04:50 PM

I will be here on the weekend too!

I have noticed not too many post on weekends, is it because they are too busy or is it because they are at work during the week and posting "on company time"???:dunno:

julietcc 11-18-2011 05:39 PM

Great idea. I do well when I stick around the house but if I go to a party or something . . . oh boy!

Sandelio 11-18-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15187621)
I have noticed not too many post on weekends, is it because they are too busy or is it because they are at work during the week and posting "on company time"???:dunno:

Guilty!:o

Speck333 11-18-2011 07:24 PM

And this is why I don't have down days on the weekends :D

2muchme 11-18-2011 07:34 PM

Speck333: ditto! :D

handbells 11-18-2011 07:58 PM

I actually eat less on the weekends. Weird, I know. Not saying it won't be tough (tomorrow is a down day after all!)

Great idea, Sandelio!

E.W. 11-19-2011 12:15 AM

I combine Fast5 and JUDDD. I usualy have an eating window from 1pm to 6pm. This has been realy working for me. Several times I have gone off JUDDD by having a few up days
in a row but continued to follow the Fast5 part of my WOE and while this slows my weight loss it doesn't totaly stop it. So this Thanksgiving I will get off plan a little. I am
going to eat a full 2600 calories that day and then friday there is another dinner party
I must go to and I fully intend to make it an UD as well. I fully expect to lose a pound or
so next week even with that extra UD. For me I realy think I may have found a WOE that works for me and I can live with and a pound or 2 a week, week after week sure beats that diet that you can lose 10lbs a week on but just can't stay on.

tjunetracy 11-19-2011 12:37 AM

So do some of you guys just do two up days in a row on the weekend then? Are your down days Monday, Wed, and Friday?

Sandelio 11-19-2011 04:37 AM

:(

I was severly scolded when I first started and wanted to do DD's consistently on M-W-F...

Right now it looks like I've found my "maintenance" calories - staying about the same, enjoying food/life and not GAINING. But I want to LOSE some weight (duh!), so it looks like I'm either going to need to lower those numbers (500/2100)....OR start exercising more. I don't hate doing my treadmill - just a habit I need to get back in to....

Sounds like a better choice than lowering my numbers at this time of year!

Dottie 11-19-2011 04:46 AM

I cook on Friday for DH so there's leftovers for him on my DD. Makes it easier for me to not cook for him that day on the weekend lol. It doesn't bother me during the week to cook supper on DD's, even if I can't eat any of it. But weekends I'll mindlessly taste, snack, etc so better to not have the temptation.

onceNforall 11-19-2011 04:56 AM

Just finishing up my 2nd week of JUDD and finding it a lot more difficult than the first. :dunno: I lost a huge chunk of weight last week and this week (although sticking to my DD/UD calories) feel like I'm treading water and about to drown! :eek:

I really tested the limits on Thursday with a legal UD of 2300 calories but it included all the wrong choices....mainly pizza and a lot of it. Saw a gain of 3.5lb the next morning on the scale and still holding on to 1.5lb of that this morning after a good DD yesterday. SO....I'm really scared going into this weekend.

Last weekend did a UD and MD, but will do an UD and DD this weekend so Friday can be my UD next week. (My son and family coming in from out of state so we're having Thanksgiving on Friday) I have tried JUDD before and this is the point where I always poop out! I'm determined not to do that this time. Just know I get discouraged quickly when it's not coming off as fast as I'd like it to.

betty301 11-19-2011 05:09 AM

Sandielo-

lucky you for maintaining on 2100!

We are about the same weight, with about the same goal weight :)

Treadmill sounds like a good idea. But if you don't find yourself making that a habit you'll stick to you could back down on your UD cals, say 100 to see if that kick starts it?

leonak 11-19-2011 05:13 AM

I notice that when I have bread on UD I feel fat the next day!

Here in WI it is suppose to snow today!

Sandelio 11-19-2011 06:36 AM

Sherrie - don't get discouraged! Give it time to work itself out a little... ;)

Betty - yeah - my FIRST thought was "I'd better drop my UD cals....but IT'S THE END OF NOVEMBER!!! Food at every turn! :laugh:

I went and re-worked my numbers a little, changing the "excercise level" and saw how much difference it makes - I think for this time of the season I can "commit" to doing the treadmill daily MORE than I can commit to lowering my cals on my UD! :hyst:

The other thing I might toy with is lowering my DD number when I can....

julietcc 11-19-2011 07:17 AM

Today's DD should be an easy day for me. This is the first Saturday in awhile that I don't have any social events going on. Parties and gatherings with food are my downfall.

I'm cleaning out closets gathering things for goodwill and then plan to do a little thrift store shopping today. Maybe I'll find a cute outfit or something :)

Good luck everyone.

dazygyrl 11-19-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15187696)
Great idea. I do well when I stick around the house but if I go to a party or something . . . oh boy!

yep.

my 'overeating' tendencies are not emotional in the traditional way. i love social eating!

this is what i a love about JUDDD tho. i can customize it for my own warped mental challenges where food is concerned. depending on the weekend plans and even tho i don't normally track cals anyway, i am going to allow one day of the weekend, fri or sat, to be basically a FD. then the other day will be UD foods, but with more portion control. sunday will be a DD. for my mental well being and for me to not feel discouraged and deprived, i need to ba able to have at least one day that is not structured. and with JUDDD this can be done. i then get the forced self-control learning of DDs through the week, with days of slightly more free eating, but still mindful of cals, kwim?

Speck333 11-19-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjunetracy (Post 15188116)
So do some of you guys just do two up days in a row on the weekend then? Are your down days Monday, Wed, and Friday?

Because of the way my life is, I simply cannot do the standard every other day a down day thing. I insert a "medium" day on Sunday to even things out so that my pattern is dd MWF, ud TThSa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15188208)
:(

I was severly scolded when I first started and wanted to do DD's consistently on M-W-F...

Right now it looks like I've found my "maintenance" calories - staying about the same, enjoying food/life and not GAINING. But I want to LOSE some weight (duh!), so it looks like I'm either going to need to lower those numbers (500/2100)....OR start exercising more. I don't hate doing my treadmill - just a habit I need to get back in to....

Sounds like a better choice than lowering my numbers at this time of year!

Scolded?? I'm sorry that happened to you. I didn't see that, or don't remember seeing that. I've been very vocal about the way I do things and would have supported you in doing that.

Maybe you could lower your ud calories a smidge. Mine are only 1700, but I'm short!

dazygyrl 11-19-2011 08:44 AM

i was surprised at the 'scolded' comment too. :(

i too, stick to the same UD/DD pattern every week. although i have shifted it from what i twas originally. i now do sun/tues/thus, DDs -- fri/sat, UD/MD or MD/UD depending on the weekend...mon & wed, UDs

handbells 11-19-2011 09:13 AM

Just made the HG Grilfedo for lunch...delicious! And pretty filling!

paulabob 11-19-2011 09:45 AM

Well, I know I need this thread. I should be doing a DD, but know I couldn't manage it on a weekend. So trying for a MD today, which is hard enough!

Beeb 11-19-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15188208)
:(

I was severly scolded when I first started and wanted to do DD's consistently on M-W-F.
..

Right now it looks like I've found my "maintenance" calories - staying about the same, enjoying food/life and not GAINING. But I want to LOSE some weight (duh!), so it looks like I'm either going to need to lower those numbers (500/2100)....OR start exercising more. I don't hate doing my treadmill - just a habit I need to get back in to....

Sounds like a better choice than lowering my numbers at this time of year!

'

We don't think any of us "scold" on our JUDDD forum, but we do suggest. Sorry you felt us suggesting you not doing the M-W-F rotation when you first started JUDDD as a scolding. I'm sure none of us meant for you to feel this way. :hugs:

I think it just is a matter of us who have been doing the plan with great suggest wanting Newbies to start with at least 2 weeks of the plan as written, and nothing more, to give it a chance to work and THEN tweak or re-arrange your days to suit your life.

Beeb 11-19-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15188789)
i was surprised at the 'scolded' comment too. :(

i too, stick to the same UD/DD pattern every week. although i have shifted it from what i twas originally. i now do sun/tues/thus, DDs -- fri/sat, UD/MD or MD/UD depending on the weekend...mon & wed, UDs

Me, too. :dunno:

paulabob 11-19-2011 02:44 PM

I'm on target for a MD so far (500 calories eaten).

Now, to make it thru the night. :aprayer: Maybe I need to schedule a nice bubble bath tonight.

Joedi 11-19-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15188580)
yep.

my 'overeating' tendencies are not emotional in the traditional way. i love social eating!

this is what i a love about JUDDD tho. i can customize it for my own warped mental challenges where food is concerned. depending on the weekend plans and even tho i don't normally track cals anyway, i am going to allow one day of the weekend, fri or sat, to be basically a FD. then the other day will be UD foods, but with more portion control. sunday will be a DD. for my mental well being and for me to not feel discouraged and deprived, i need to ba able to have at least one day that is not structured. and with JUDDD this can be done. i then get the forced self-control learning of DDs through the week, with days of slightly more free eating, but still mindful of cals, kwim?

I like the sound of that plan! I have been doing strick UD/DD till I got to goal...am now trying to make every second UD as a FD (DD/UD/DD/FF/DD/UU/DD/FD...)
I quite like the idea of having set days...just to keep things interesting!

I also need an unstructured day too....i need to learn to be able to trust myself with food!

Do you do MD's too, to change the rotation when needed?

Big hugs n lots of love to Noah, and siblings!

jo
x

Idreamofweightloss 11-19-2011 03:30 PM

DD for me today and I am a little hungry but already ate my calories.

dazygyrl 11-19-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15189608)
I like the sound of that plan! I have been doing strick UD/DD till I got to goal...am now trying to make every second UD as a FD (DD/UD/DD/FF/DD/UU/DD/FD...)
I quite like the idea of having set days...just to keep things interesting!

I also need an unstructured day too....i need to learn to be able to trust myself with food!

Do you do MD's too, to change the rotation when needed?

Big hugs n lots of love to Noah, and siblings!

jo
x

i suppose that's what the other day of the fri/sat would be. but remember, i don't track... :dunno: except for DD's i am much more mindful.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM.