Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The Alternate Day Diet Book (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/746058-alternate-day-diet-book.html)

handbells 11-18-2011 07:11 AM

The Alternate Day Diet Book

Is it worth getting and reading?

Beeb 11-18-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15186207)
Is it worth getting and reading?

I got it on Amazon for 6 bucks, total for shipping and everything. I like the book, it explains more than the site does.

If you can get it on the cheap, it worth it! ;)

handbells 11-18-2011 07:46 AM

Thanks, Linda! I'm thinking of downloading it onto my nook. It's a bit more than $6, but I'm still leaning towards getting it!

dasiey 11-18-2011 07:57 AM

I have the book. A dear lady from lcf gave it to me.
This plan is so simple ever thing That I need to know
I can get from our juddd threads.

We do have good teachers here.

handbells 11-18-2011 08:02 AM

Dasiey-honestly, I'm thinking of getting it for the recipes. lol!

dasiey 11-18-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15186351)
Dasiey-honestly, I'm thinking of getting it for the recipes. lol!

Theirs recipes in the book :confused:
I guess I need to take a look at it.
again

Sandelio 11-18-2011 08:16 AM

Having read the "What's JUDDD" thread here first, I wasn't that impressed with the book. Kept falling asleep actually!

The recipes, eh - they're just a some low cal recipes - there's plenty of those to be had here or elsewhere online....

Just my 2 cents....

handbells 11-18-2011 12:04 PM

I broke down and I got it. I can't resist books. lol! It's interesting!

julietcc 11-18-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15186398)
Having read the "What's JUDDD" thread here first, I wasn't that impressed with the book. Kept falling asleep actually!

The recipes, eh - they're just a some low cal recipes - there's plenty of those to be had here or elsewhere online....

Just my 2 cents....

I keep falling asleep too. On about 5 different occasions, I took the book with me to bed and then fall asleep 2 or 3 pages later :laugh: So I can't really give a proper review of it. From what I've read, all of you are much more fun and informative. I'm not really into reading about mouse studies and other studies but I think that's just in the beginning of the book and some people like that.

gotsomeold 11-19-2011 03:58 AM

I read the website & What Is JUDDD here and felt I had enough info to begin.

The book arrived yesterday. I have not had a lot of time to read, but so far I am finding it very informative and thought-provoking. I'm glad I got it.

Meek75 11-19-2011 08:52 PM

I purchased the book today. I'm going to attempt to read it now.

gotsomeold 11-20-2011 03:10 AM

Oh-tay, finished the book.

I think, if your main focus is weight loss then the JUDDD website and the posts here are enough info to get and keep you going.

On the other hand, if you want to understand some of the science behind why calorie restriction works, and life/health enhancing benefits of living the JUDDD woe then the book is a big help.

I, personally, don't agree with everything in the book. As example, the book says saturated fats cause heart disease and polyunsaturated fats are healthy. Research I have done recently causes me to question both of these. But, I understand and agree with the fundamental statement in the book that, whatever you eat, alternate-day calorie restriction has a vast impact on overall health and weight.

dawnyama 11-21-2011 05:25 PM

I got the book from the library. That was a few weeks ago. Still have to find the time to read it. I don't find it that interesting. But I am interested in reading it since my DH has been having breathing problems lately. He had asthma as a child and may be getting it back. That is what the doc said anyhow. So I want to see if doing this will benefit him. Still debating whether I should download to my Kindle that way I won't have to give it back to the library!